611 10 2023-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thinking about getting the RC PRO, I don't like the regular RC w/o external antenas. How old is this thing? is it a good time to buy? Perhaps DJI will release a new version shortly if AIR 3 brings O4 transmission system making the current one obsolete.
I know it's a very good controller but kind of expensive is near EOL due to new O4 on the horizon.

thoughts?
-FC
2023-7-7
Use props
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656555 ft
Slovakia

Hi. I recently bought a second-hand (almost new) RC PRO controller for my mini 3 pro. I admit, it's not a rational purchase... it's more expensive than the drone itself. but I am very satisfied with it. one thing disappointed me a little. I thought it would have significantly more range than a regular controller. unfortunately he doesn't. the range is identical to RC (not PRO). in everything else it is excellent!

2023-7-7
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

I would wait a little more since the new RCs are about to drop with the Air 3 and possibly the next Occusync iteration, which then might find its way to an RC Pro refresh as well.
2023-7-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

If you got the money why ask us. You are the only one who can make that choose. The rc pro is 4 times the price of the rc. Is it worth it? Not really. It will give same range as the rc when connect to the mavic 3 pro in my testing. A little brighter screen is nice. It can watch YouTube and Netflix but I never use that since I rather use my phone for that. So basically you paying 4 times the price for a little brighter screen. Lmao
2023-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd hold off and see what the RC2 brings to market.  With external antennas it should get better connectivity.  

If the RC2 isn't a fit for you then I'd take a hard look at the RC Pro.  Unlike some others I have gotten better range when using the RC Pro controller with my Mini 3 Pro.  I like that the RC Pro is much, much brighter, you can add 3rd party Apps and it has HDMI out.  It also has a much better build quality.  Yes, it is more expensive but in my opinion it was well worth it.

Your money, your call.   
2023-7-8
Use props
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656555 ft
Slovakia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-8 02:19
If you got the money why ask us. You are the only one who can make that choose. The rc pro is 4 times the price of the rc. Is it worth it? Not really. It will give same range as the rc when connect to the mavic 3 pro in my testing. A little brighter screen is nice. It can watch YouTube and Netflix but I never use that since I rather use my phone for that. So basically you paying 4 times the price for a little brighter screen. Lmao

because of youtube and netflix, no one will buy it for sure... you are unnecessarily ironic. Of course, RC PRO has many advantages compared to RC (not PRO). It depends on whether the holiday pilot will use them. The clear display is the most visible advantage. But also, for example, lower latency image, the possibility to install third-party flight software, better signal quality (not range!), and others. so it really depends on everyone, let them consider the performance/price ratio.
2023-7-8
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the RC Pro and love it. Got it via a great deal when I got a mavic 3 few months ago. Was only used twice. Now I'm using it with my Mavic 3 Pro. I've used both RC and RC-N1. Would I go out and buy an RC Pro straight up....probably not. But getting it this way, after using it...I wouldn't go back.

I love the much faster response due to better processer. Love the brighter screen. Love the 4 antennas that help with signal, but don't take it far beyond VLOS so it's not really a concern. Love the 3rd party apps that can install, which also sets me up for potential...sdk apps in future. Love the HDMI output that I use to show stuff on big tvs. Love the built in fan when it gets outside it keeps it cool. Love the extra button configurations. Love the control sticks and overall build quality of it. Overall, fantastic controller.

But....the RC controller when I had it is also fantastic and in no way is a bad controller, it gets the job the done and it's a joy to use.
2023-7-8
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-8 04:38
I'd hold off and see what the RC2 brings to market.  With external antennas it should get better connectivity.  

If the RC2 isn't a fit for you then I'd take a hard look at the RC Pro.  Unlike some others I have gotten better range when using the RC Pro controller with my Mini 3 Pro.  I like that the RC Pro is much, much brighter, you can add 3rd party Apps and it has HDMI out.  It also has a much better build quality.  Yes, it is more expensive but in my opinion it was well worth it.

Right,
If the RC2 is compatible with O3+/Mavic 3 and not reserved for future drones only I will get the RC2 over the RC PRO.

-FC
2023-7-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 7-8 06:30
Right,
If the RC2 is compatible with O3+/Mavic 3 and not reserved for future drones only I will get the RC2 over the RC PRO.

Good decision.  
2023-7-9
Use props
Pete Toemmes
lvl.1

United States

Looking at wireless HDMI options.

Does the RC Pro mini HDMI port provide power?

If not does the RC Pro USBc port provide power? It looks like many wireless HDMI transmitters can get power from a USBc port.

Thanks,

Pete

PS
The gist of this is to eliminate the OSD on the receiver end which cannot be done with screen mirroring. Not a terribly big deal, but preferred to not show that and don’t want to be tethered to a long HDMI cable.

2023-7-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mirec5050 Posted at 7-7 23:49
Hi. I recently bought a second-hand (almost new) RC PRO controller for my mini 3 pro. I admit, it's not a rational purchase... it's more expensive than the drone itself. but I am very satisfied with it. one thing disappointed me a little. I thought it would have significantly more range than a regular controller. unfortunately he doesn't. the range is identical to RC (not PRO). in everything else it is excellent!

I suspect the limitation you experience with the Pro and the Mini 3 is the mini 3 not the Pro

I also think that running in CE mode rather than FCC might confuse the issue.
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules