Is it really broadcasting RID?
1213 6 2023-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cVyKocXpqxhP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306985 ft
United States

I have an Air 2s with updated everything.  The app screen show RID info.  I have registered with the FAA.

How can I be sure it is broadcasting?  I tries one of tbe free drone scanner apps, but it shows nothing.
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_cVyKocXpqxhP. Thank you for reaching out. There are several ways to check if Remote ID is working properly.

Way 1: Remote ID status display on the DJI flight control app.
If the Remote ID is working properly, DJI Fly will display "Takeoff permitted". After clicking "Takeoff permitted", you can see “Remote ID functionality normal”, as shown in the following Figure:

Way 2: Remote ID status display on the DJI Goggles. (Applicable to drones that has compatible Goggles only).
If the Remote ID is working properly, the Status bar in the upper left corner of the DJI Goggles will display “Remote ID functionality normal”, as shown in the Figure below:

Way 3: Remote ID serial number displayed in “Available networks” of the WLAN.
Use the DJI remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone. As shown in the figure below, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly.

Hope this helps.
2023-7-8
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Have you looked in DroneScanner?  
2023-7-9
Use props
Lost Wombat
New

Australia

I have an Air 2s with updated everything as well, but I still can't get the 20 digit code for my FAA registration. I deleted and re-installed the app for my iphone but no change

My aircraft firmware is 02.04.2500
RC Firmware 04.12.0100
App version 1.11.4

I thought this thing was remote ID compliant for FAA but now I'm not sure

Any thoughts appreciated
2023-9-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost Wombat Posted at 9-8 19:09
I have an Air 2s with updated everything as well, but I still can't get the 20 digit code for my FAA registration. I deleted and re-installed the app for my iphone but no change

I wouldn't worry about whether you're broadcasting or not.  It's not always easy to verify that.
2023-9-9
Use props
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

I've been flying my Air 2s lately and checked it's RID with the DroneTag as well as the Drone Scanner apps.  It seems to be working.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lost Wombat Posted at 9-8 19:09

Hello there, Lost Wombat. Have you already tried following DJI Gamora's suggestion from reply 2#? Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules