Ferrari Feature: Lego Ferrari 512 M timelapse
12Next >
1425 47 2023-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Another one which had been sitting on my computer's hard drive for a while, finally got around to edit it ready and upload it to YouTube. This time the model is a Ferrari 512 M, a ferocious track racer you may have seen going fast on one of my earlier posts at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=286511
So here is a timelapse of it being built:

2023-7-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another fascinating timelapse Hannu. But for styling i think I preferred the other car
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I see a nice series coming up.
2023-7-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing timelapse.  
2023-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surprised to see you didnt start by knolling.
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-10 05:05
Another fascinating timelapse Hannu. But for styling i think I preferred the other car

I guess there are as many opinions about a car's preferred style as there are cars. Personally, I think there are multiple ways in which a car's design can be considered successful. Some are not beautiful per se, but have some charm through looking original and personal. Some are stylish and elegant in an old-school kind of a way, showing their beauty in a reasonably discreet yet absolutely visible way. And some have that "I'm-gonna-eat-you-alive" style of aggression that gets your pulse pumping just by looking at the car and imaging breaking multiple speed limits. For me, most Ferraris go to the latter two categories, depending on the decade and the purpose of the car (street legal or strictly on-track racing). But each to their own.

I personally think Enzo Ferrari himself was a bit too modest when asked for the most beautiful car in the world, but his reply was the Jaguar E-Type (though no doubt it is a nice-looking car).
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 7-10 05:40
I see a nice series coming up.

It seems so indeed, yesterday I filmed some material for a third one (though I did experience some technical difficulties) and have plans for a fourth one (that will differ from the first three though in style and content though).

But I'll see, I have planned for a while to count the amount of models and merchandise I own in my Ferrari collection, as I lost count at some point Maybe if I make a small video for each one, I can get back on track with it and get a good excuse to make more videos
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-11 00:48
Surprised to see you didnt start by knolling.

Had to look that up from the Internet, and after finding out, I think that could have been a nice idea for a visual arrangement. I already have shot some material for a third one, so too late for that one, but if I make a fourth similar one at some point, then I possibly could try that. Thanks for the suggestion
2023-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 22:21
I guess there are as many opinions about a car's preferred style as there are cars. Personally, I think there are multiple ways in which a car's design can be considered successful. Some are not beautiful per se, but have some charm through looking original and personal. Some are stylish and elegant in an old-school kind of a way, showing their beauty in a reasonably discreet yet absolutely visible way. And some have that "I'm-gonna-eat-you-alive" style of aggression that gets your pulse pumping just by looking at the car and imaging breaking multiple speed limits. For me, most Ferraris go to the latter two categories, depending on the decade and the purpose of the car (street legal or strictly on-track racing). But each to their own.

I personally think Enzo Ferrari himself was a bit too modest when asked for the most beautiful car in the world, but his reply was the Jaguar E-Type (though no doubt it is a nice-looking car).

Never been a fan of the E-type, though the latest jaguars are awesome.
If we're talking dream cars - here's mine
https://www.barons-auctions.com/ ... s-1973-triumph-stag
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-11 22:27
Never been a fan of the E-type, though the latest jaguars are awesome.
If we're talking dream cars - here's mine
https://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lot/3684/for-sale-at-barons-auctions-1973-triumph-stag

I wouldn't mind owning one of those either

As for Ferraris, it is challenging to choose which one is my all-time #1, but I think the F40 is probably the most influencial one, as seeing that in a certain video game is likely my first experience of seeing a Ferrari and that made me a fan for life
2023-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 22:38
I wouldn't mind owning one of those either

As for Ferraris, it is challenging to choose which one is my all-time #1, but I think the F40 is probably the most influencial one, as seeing that in a certain video game is likely my first experience of seeing a Ferrari and that made me a fan for life

I first saw the Triumph Stag in a TV series, back in the 1970's
2023-7-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-11 22:45
I first saw the Triumph Stag in a TV series, back in the 1970's

No doubt TV is another efficient way to get some visibility to your car models
2023-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 22:50
No doubt TV is another efficient way to get some visibility to your car models

It got me hooked
2023-7-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 22:26
Had to look that up from the Internet, and after finding out, I think that could have been a nice idea for a visual arrangement. I already have shot some material for a third one, so too late for that one, but if I make a fourth similar one at some point, then I possibly could try that. Thanks for the suggestion

In theory knolling should make the build go faster.       Check out this video that explains it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U46Yo_6z_F4
2023-7-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 7-11 22:24
It seems so indeed, yesterday I filmed some material for a third one (though I did experience some technical difficulties) and have plans for a fourth one (that will differ from the first three though in style and content though).

But I'll see, I have planned for a while to count the amount of models and merchandise I own in my Ferrari collection, as I lost count at some point  Maybe if I make a small video for each one, I can get back on track with it and get a good excuse to make more videos

Hahahahahahahaha.
Yeah, that happens.
But it should be a nice series for sure.
2023-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  
2023-7-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I know the feeling, through the forementioned F40 sighting. The six-year old me instantly fell in love with the car, and it also helped that the game was awesome, too. (It's called Turbo Outrun and it is based on a Sega coin-operated machine of the same name.) The highest-regarded Commodore 64 magazine (You might possibly know Zzap64, as it was a British magazine?) that reviewed it gave it a whopping 97 out of 100 points
2023-7-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-11 23:02
In theory knolling should make the build go faster.       Check out this video that explains it

It does add efficiency to the process, and AFAIK Lego actually recommends it. It makes you know faster where to reach for the parts you need.

Also, very cool video and an amazing build there, thanks for sharing
2023-7-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 7-11 23:49
Hahahahahahahaha.
Yeah, that happens.
But it should be a nice series for sure.

I'll see what I can come up with that.
2023-7-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-12 15:29
I know the feeling, through the forementioned F40 sighting. The six-year old me instantly fell in love with the car, and it also helped that the game was awesome, too. (It's called Turbo Outrun and it is based on a Sega coin-operated machine of the same name.) The highest-regarded Commodore 64 magazine (You might possibly know Zzap64, as it was a British magazine?) that reviewed it gave it a whopping 97 out of 100 points

Never saw the magazine, but l did have a Commodore C64
2023-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 7-12 15:53
I'll see what I can come up with that.

I'll be right here (ok, I'll be in Sweden for 2 weeks, but you get the point)
2023-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-12 15:52
It does add efficiency to the process, and AFAIK Lego actually recommends it. It makes you know faster where to reach for the parts you need.

Also, very cool video and an amazing build there, thanks for sharing

You're very welcome.
2023-7-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-12 21:01
Never saw the magazine, but l did have a Commodore C64

For what I understand from the British home computer scene at that point, that and the ZX Spectrum were the most popular options. Though I think the BBC Micro also had it's own share in.
2023-7-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 7-12 23:08
I'll be right here (ok, I'll be in Sweden for 2 weeks, but you get the point)

I think I do. It is a great thing that access to these videos is not that restricted to one place nowadays.
2023-7-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 23:09
You're very welcome.

A friend of mine is both a Adam Savage fan (often watching Mythbusters episodes from the net) and a huge fan of Lego, I will have to share this link to him. I'm sure he will appreciate it.
2023-7-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-14 15:27
For what I understand from the British home computer scene at that point, that and the ZX Spectrum were the most popular options. Though I think the BBC Micro also had it's own share in.

Yes those were the three main players for a while, until Amstrad came along
2023-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-14 15:37
A friend of mine is both a Adam Savage fan (often watching Mythbusters episodes from the net) and a huge fan of Lego, I will have to share this link to him. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Im quite a fan of his too,   his YouTube channel has all sorts of content from him and his crew.
2023-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 7-14 15:30
I think I do. It is a great thing that access to these videos is not that restricted to one place nowadays.

Absolutely.
I'll be visiting the forum sometimes for sure.
THey have good wifi.
2023-7-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-14 21:51
Yes those were the three main players for a while, until Amstrad came along

I thought Amstrad was more of an also-ran in the UK. For what I had understood, the Amstrad was more popular in France. Oh well, I have never even visited either country, so no wonder if I had mistaken.
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-15 00:02
Im quite a fan of his too,   his YouTube channel has all sorts of content from him and his crew.

I showed the clip and he was impressed by the build. No wonder, it is quite stunning.
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 7-15 00:59
Absolutely.
I'll be visiting the forum sometimes for sure.
THey have good wifi.

Have a nice trip in Sweden
2023-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 07:42
I thought Amstrad was more of an also-ran in the UK. For what I had understood, the Amstrad was more popular in France. Oh well, I have never even visited either country, so no wonder if I had mistaken.

Alan Sugar, from London, founded Amstrad in 1968
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 07:54
Alan Sugar, from London, founded Amstrad in 1968

I remember hearing about him before, his company did create many electric utilities and good (besides the Amstrad CPC, I remember hearing also about their micro-HiFi-stereo systems, desktop phones, etc.). I woder if they still are active.
2023-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 08:17
I remember hearing about him before, his company did create many electric utilities and good (besides the Amstrad CPC, I remember hearing also about their micro-HiFi-stereo systems, desktop phones, etc.). I woder if they still are active.

The company was absorbed by SKY in 2007.  Still in Brentwood (London)
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 08:23
The company was absorbed by SKY in 2007.  Still in Brentwood (London)

I see. Are they still using the Amstrad brand on some of their products, or has that been completely phased out?
2023-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 08:28
I see. Are they still using the Amstrad brand on some of their products, or has that been completely phased out?

According to Wikipedia the brand ceased in 2010
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 08:30
According to Wikipedia the brand ceased in 2010

No wonder I haven't heard much of them lately, in that case. Kind of a shame to see and hear old brands just fading away.
2023-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 08:33
No wonder I haven't heard much of them lately, in that case. Kind of a shame to see and hear old brands just fading away.

The March of Progress
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 08:38
The March of Progress

Indeed it can be (and should be) questioned if that can be called progress

Another British brand related to gaming I miss dearly is Ocean Software, they were a huge name in the eighties and nineties and I have fond memories of their games. Wish they'd make a comeback, but I know that to be less than (un)likely
2023-7-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules