Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro flying over beach
1007 24 2023-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi there!

Small flight last sunday, late afternoon and after sunset with Mini 3 Pro over the beach, very close to my hometown.
Sorry about the green cast at the corners of the frame and also the reflections caused by the sun. These freewell filters are no good.

2023-7-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice open space to fly over. Not so much the green tint that was barely noticeable, but quite a bit of the footage looked fuzzy and out-of-focus.  Do you ascribe that effect to the filter you were using as well?
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 7-10 22:41
Nice open space to fly over. Not so much the green tint that was barely noticeable, but quite a bit of the footage looked fuzzy and out-of-focus.  Do you ascribe that effect to the filter you were using as well?

This is caused by the slow shutterspeed combined with faster motion.
I commented on this in another thread too.
I personally feel that a faster framerate (which will allow for a faster shutterspeed) does work better with fast motion.
Unless you're aiming for this blurred look of course
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video man.
I think I kind of like the color cast, but it is baked in, so that is a bummer.
2023-7-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-10 23:24
This is caused by the slow shutterspeed combined with faster motion.
I commented on this in another thread too.
I personally feel that a faster framerate (which will allow for a faster shutterspeed) does work better with fast motion.

I've been shooting in 30FPS rather than 25FPS for just that reason.  Maybe I should increase it even more.
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 7-10 23:31
I've been shooting in 30FPS rather than 25FPS for just that reason.  Maybe I should increase it even more.

Technically, in PAL area, the 25-50 framerates are considered 'better' but this is only true when you shoot something with artificial lighting.
Since that can flicker because of the grid frequency.
I made a test some time ago.

2023-7-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 7-10 23:47
Technically, in PAL area, the 25-50 framerates are considered 'better' but this is only true when you shoot something with artificial lighting.

Yeah, pretty conclusive.
2023-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice flight,     which freewill filters are they??  I was in the market to get the VNDs they sell.
2023-7-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice location.    I use Freewell filters on all my drones and have no issues with them.  
2023-7-11
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Blériot53 Posted at 7-10 22:41

Well, from where I stand, I mean my monitor, the video is clear and sharp, except when I turn the drone left or right and also at the bottom of the frame, probaby due to the ND64 Freewell filter I was using at the time. Also, some shots were made in sport mode and maybe too much fast turns that increases blur when you're using an ND64.
Everything else is fine.
I must say, and that's a repetion of what I said in some other thread, these freewell filters compared with PolarPro are useless, at least for me, because I've used polarpro in my Mavic 2 Pro and I never had this problem. I must say also that I've never used a ND64 on the Mavic. The maximum I've used was ND16
So, in conclusion, maybe I was flying too fast for this filter. Next time I'll use the ND16. I've used the ND64 due to the fixed aperture of 1.7 and with lots of light from the sun, despite it was already 8 PM made this happen.
One more thing I've noticed with this filter and others that I bought from freewell, they reflect a lot the sun lights and this never happened with polarpro even when I was flying against the sun light. Of course the image was over exposed when I flew directly, but I've never had reflections.
2023-7-12
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 7-10 23:47
Technically, in PAL area, the 25-50 framerates are considered 'better' but this is only true when you shoot something with artificial lighting.

Hi,

I did that test already on the field, I mean, using at daylight 30fps and 1/60 shutter speed and at night, 25fps and 1/50 shutter speed. Both in PAL and NTSC. In these modes the video went smooth and perfect.

These are the only frame rates I use.
2023-7-12
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 7-11 00:44
Nice flight,     which freewill filters are they??  I was in the market to get the VNDs they sell.

Hi,

I was using the ND64 with polarized filter
2023-7-12
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-11 01:56
Nice location.    I use Freewell filters on all my drones and have no issues with them.

Well, you're a lucky guy!
I have to spend more money to buy the PolarPro pack I should have bought prior tho these ones of Freewell.

One question...are your filters polarized or just simple?
2023-7-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-12 10:30
Well, from where I stand, I mean my monitor, the video is clear and sharp, except when I turn the drone left or right and also at the bottom of the frame, probaby due to the ND64 Freewell filter I was using at the time. Also, some shots were made in sport mode and maybe too much fast turns that increases blur when you're using an ND64.
Everything else is fine.
I must say, and that's a repetion of what I said in some other thread, these freewell filters compared with PolarPro are useless, at least for me, because I've used polarpro in my Mavic 2 Pro and I never had this problem. I must say also that I've never used a ND64 on the Mavic. The maximum I've used was ND16

I've just watched again, making sure that it wasn't a wifi bandwidth issue, since I have a pretty high-end monitor screen. It was just the same - clear enough in centre-frame until making turns.
I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. I understand your conclusion regarding the filters.
2023-7-12
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Blériot53 Posted at 7-12 11:08
I've just watched again, making sure that it wasn't a wifi bandwidth issue, since I have a pretty high-end monitor screen. It was just the same - clear enough in centre-frame until making turns.
I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. I understand your conclusion regarding the filters.

Hi,

Yeah, that's exactly what I can see, sharp in the centre and blurry in the corners and when I'm turning the drone.
I have this drone for almost a month and i've used it just for a coupe of times, making tests at day and night, just to find out what's the best modes and frame rates for filming. I'm going to use it only on my travel trips, since it's small and lightweight. For other type of work, more semi-professional,  I'll use the Mavic 3.

Thanks
2023-7-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-12 14:10
Hi,

Yeah, that's exactly what I can see, sharp in the centre and blurry in the corners and when I'm turning the drone.

2023-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-12 10:44
Hi,

I was using the ND64 with polarized filter

Cheers I will certainly avoid those.  
2023-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-12 10:43
Hi,

I did that test already on the field, I mean, using at daylight 30fps and 1/60 shutter speed and at night, 25fps and 1/50 shutter speed. Both in PAL and NTSC. In these modes the video went smooth and perfect.

Combining both 25 and 30 fps in one video will give problems of skipped frames, so I stick to 25-50 (or 30-60 in NTSC countries) so I can combine my footage
You can slow the 30fps footage down to 25fps to avoid this, but that creates an effect that is not always wanted (slight slow motion)
2023-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-12 10:46
Well, you're a lucky guy!
I have to spend more money to buy the PolarPro pack I should have bought prior tho these ones of Freewell.

Not polarized.  I have some PolarPro filters and they work well also.  
2023-7-13
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,
Firstly, I should say, great footage! The location adds to how wonderful it all looks.

I use Freewell filters all the time, and I don't normally see much colour tint. However, I do use the D-Log colour profile
What Colour profile do you shoot in?
The other thing to check is the position of the line on the filter.

I've found that if this is in the wrong spot, the polarising effect is invalid or too strong.Also, I don't use the CPL supplied in the Freewell all-day pack, as the colour tint is on the green side, just like in your video.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 12.28.47 am.png
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Bulgaria

nice flight and beautiful place , continue the good work
2023-7-13
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4