Batteries not charging
18000 20 2023-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Drone sat for a long while, and now batteries are in hibernation.  I was hoping that dji had fixed the issue with an update, but cannot update with dead batteries.
They are not 100% dead, but darn near.

I've read all the blogs about this, watched a few videos, and nobody says what to do with dead batteries and old firmware, so I'm baffled.

Saw one blog where a guy has you buying electronics, wires and this and that and putting it on a program to read its heartbeat and revive it.
That's too much, I'll sell it off prior to having to do that.

Thanks

2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, hunterws. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask how did you charge the batteries? Are you using a charging hub or not?
2023-7-11
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Yes.  Three slot that came with the fly-more combo.
I've also tried with it in the quad.
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hunterws Posted at 7-11 19:34
Yes.  Three slot that came with the fly-more combo.
I've also tried with it in the quad.

Thanks for the reply. Please try the following steps below:

① Ensure that the charging temperature range for the intelligent flight battery is within the required range;
② Change another port of the charging hub for charging. If the battery can be charged normally, it indicates that the battery port of the charging hub is abnormal. If the charging still fails, change the charging method, use a charger, and ensure that the battery is not in hibernation mode;
* The batteries of some products will enter hibernation mode when shipped out from the factory for long-term storage. A battery in hibernation mode can be woken up with a charger, but not with a charging hub. If the wake-up fails, please re-connect the charger until the battery wakes up.
③ Please check the battery LED status, comparing to the battery LED status to confirm if the battery protection information is triggered by abnormal charging;
④ Try to use another battery in the same charging port and observe whether the charging is abnormal. If it charges normally, it indicates that the first battery is abnormal. If the charging still fails, please use a charger for charging.

Moreover, here's the recommended maintenance for the long-term storage of batteries:

During storage, the battery will deplete at an extremely low speed as is normal for lithium batteries. When the battery level is extremely low, batteries may over-discharge.

To maintain battery activity and extend battery use life, it is recommended to discharge the battery to 40% - 65% when it will not be used for 10 days or longer and store it in a dry and cool place (22°C - 28 °C). Check the battery level every three months and then let the battery completely discharge and then recharge it. Pay attention to battery maintenance during daily use.
2023-7-11
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Change another port of the charging hub for charging. Not sure what you mean here.

I let the battery remain in the mini and charged it about 10hrs, same result, one lonely flashing LED.

All three batteries are doing the same thing, just one LED flashing.  Cannot test anything with a good battery as I have none.

2023-7-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 7-12 08:38
Change another port of the charging hub for charging.  Not sure what you mean here.

I let the battery remain in the mini and charged it about 10hrs, same result, one lonely flashing LED.

Sounds like the charger or cable is to blame...
2023-7-12
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-12 17:36
Sounds like the charger or cable is to blame...

You pegged it Bashy.  I'm now charging.

I had such confidence in genuine DJI equipment, I didn't even think to try another route.
After I saw your post,  I plugged an 8" cord into another adapter and tried it, and it started blinking & charging.  

Appreciate the post, thanks.
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Not sure why people always bash on dji and theaten not to buy their products anymore cause it's trash when it's user error. Lmao. Dji losing 1 customer ain't gonna hurt them. Dji makes great product. I used to fly non brand drones from China and once i switch to dji, I never go back to those non brand drones. Dji products are on the high end when it comes to drones. Not many can even come close. So seeing how people get mad at a product when it's their own fault and then threaten the product is trash and they won't buy it anymore. It's just pathetic imo.
2023-7-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 7-12 17:55
You pegged it Bashy.  I'm now charging.

I had such confidence in genuine DJI equipment, I didn't even think to try another route.

No worries, glad ya got it sorted!
2023-7-13
Use props
djiuser_nPFw1cr3ZxDf
New

United States

Can anyone help me I just bought the dji fpv an the batteries are not charging / not lighting up
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_OyRqw6ZqL9eG
New

United States

I just got my DJI mini 2 SE and the led lights on the bottom of the drone light up and flash three times and it keeps repeating I know it is not the cable and I don't know what to do please help
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_OyRqw6ZqL9eG Posted at 12-25 10:27
I just got my DJI mini 2 SE and the led lights on the bottom of the drone light up and flash three times and it keeps repeating I know it is not the cable and I don't know what to do please help

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Is it all four lights blinking three times? You can refer to this link: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... 2525253D%252525253D. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_c171WuMBetZI
New

United States

Drone sat unused for many months. Phantom 4 batteries don’t seem to be charging. Initially had one blinking green light that would come on, but now both batteries don’t even light up. Thoughts?
3-3 09:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_c171WuMBetZI Posted at 3-3 09:39
Drone sat unused for many months. Phantom 4 batteries don’t seem to be charging. Initially had one blinking green light that would come on, but now both batteries don’t even light up. Thoughts?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm if you are using the DJI Phantom 4 or the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. If you are using the DJI Phantom 4 Pro batteries, kindly please leave the batteries on the charger one by one for approximately 2-3 hours or more then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
3-3 19:37
Use props
fans26073105
New
Canada

Bonjour j’ai un phantom 3 pro et je suis incapable de charger mes batteries il n’y a aucun lumière qui fonctionne complètement morte
Je ne me suis pas servi de mon drone depuis 3 ans
Est-il possible que mes batteries soit vraiment détruite?
3-26 06:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans26073105 Posted at 3-26 06:50
Bonjour j’ai un phantom 3 pro et je suis incapable de charger mes batteries il n’y a aucun lumière qui fonctionne complètement morte
Je ne me suis pas servi de mon drone depuis 3 ans
Est-il possible que mes batteries soit vraiment détruite?

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided.

We recommend that you upgrade to an alternative product of a new model so that you can enjoy our more recent, improved technologies, and then we can continue to provide you with efficient customer service.Thank you for your understanding.
3-28 23:24
Use props
djiuser_E0S1pZuIOgOW
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same issues and four led flashing
What should I do
4-7 09:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_E0S1pZuIOgOW Posted at 4-7 09:07
I have the same issues and four led flashing
What should I do

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using. You may upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive so we can further investigate the issue. Please keep us posted.
4-7 20:44
Use props
Syed Umair
New

Canada

My dji mavik was not used for a year . The battery was kept aside . Now I tried to plug in the drone and charge through cable, it showed light once and then since then it isn’t charging at all . All dead, no lights.   I have kept it plugged in for overnight . Any help ?
4-15 07:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Syed Umair Posted at 4-15 07:31
My dji mavik was not used for a year . The battery was kept aside . Now I tried to plug in the drone and charge through cable, it showed light once and then since then it isn’t charging at all . All dead, no lights.   I have kept it plugged in for overnight . Any help ?

Hi there. When a battery is powered off and stored, it will deplete at a low speed, as is typical for lithium batteries. It may over-discharge when its battery is extremely low and remains idle in storage. To ensure that the active materials within your battery are in good condition and to extend battery life, it is recommended you discharge the battery to 40% - 65% in case it will not be used for 10 days or longer, and store it in a dry and cool place (22°C-28 °C). Charge and discharge the battery completely at least every three months. Have you already tried using a different cable or check your power outlet? Please keep us posted. Have a nice day. https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en
4-15 22:30
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I am very careful not to ground a drone for long periods of time for this exact reason.  I have three main outdoor drones that I rotate through to make sure all the batteries get flown on all the time.  As for the gentleman that has the Phantom 4, there is a charging bank you can get for it.  That you can put all your batteries on it.  When you're not using the batteries, it puts your batteries into storage stasis.  It is a DJI product, so I assume it is safe.  
4-18 09:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules