Settings To Reduce Wind Noise
2315 13 2023-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Capturing mountain biking video with my Action 2 (with magnetic case installed) and there is an obvious wind noise. Any settings to help reduce this? I will explore adding a "dead cat" mic cover but not having to add additional hardware would be great.
Action 3 has wind noise reduction option included but I can't seem to find anything similar on the action 2 which is great for mountain biking with its smaller size.

2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, jvanderhoff. DJI Action 2 supports Wind Noise Reduction as below :
1. The setting is only supported when the "DJI Action 2 Front Touchscreen Module" is attached.
2. It can only be turned on or off in the product menu;
3. You need to turn on the PRO (advanced) mode
4. Settings path:
Product menu: Swipe left on the screen home page - Microphone settings - Wind Noise Reduction.
1.     Connect to an external microphone and use the microphone windscreen.
2.     Install a windshield to reduce the impact of the winds on the microphone physically.
I hope this helps. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-12
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 7-12 23:21
Hello there, jvanderhoff. DJI Action 2 supports Wind Noise Reduction as below :
1. The setting is only supported when the "DJI Action 2 Front Touchscreen Module" is attached.
2. It can only be turned on or off in the product menu;

Hi Tony,

Is there an option to reduce wind noise without the front screen installed? I installed a wind shield to reduce noise and though it helped a little bit, the noise is still quite noticeable. See video below.

Any other tips? Could this be a device or firmware issue? Unfortunately this isn’t very usable for mountain biking at high speeds currently.

https://youtu.be/sWpqwRMDMa4
IMG_4694.jpeg
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jvanderhoff Posted at 8-9 10:55
Hi Tony,

Is there an option to reduce wind noise without the front screen installed? I installed a wind shield to reduce noise and though it helped a little bit, the noise is still quite noticeable. See video below.

Hi there, jvanderhoff. This is normal. The high-speed airflow during driving blows the microphone directly, exceeding the threshold of the noise reduction algorithm, so the wind noise cannot be completely reduced. And since you need to enable Wind noise reduction, you need the front touchscreen module to access the settings. Either way, I will take your concern as a suggestion and refer this to our relevant team to optimize our future products. Hopefully, you get some useful tips from your fellow users on how to reduce wind noise without having to attach the touchscreen module. I appreciate your feedback and support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-9
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 8-9 20:59
Hi there, jvanderhoff. This is normal. The high-speed airflow during driving blows the microphone directly, exceeding the threshold of the noise reduction algorithm, so the wind noise cannot be completely reduced. And since you need to enable Wind noise reduction, you need the front touchscreen module to access the settings. Either way, I will take your concern as a suggestion and refer this to our relevant team to optimize our future products. Hopefully, you get some useful tips from your fellow users on how to reduce wind noise without having to attach the touchscreen module. I appreciate your feedback and support. Have a great day ahead.

If the front touchscreen module was available, would I be able to enable wind noise reduction, then remove the touch screen and maintain that setting or is wind noise reduction only enabled when the touchscreen is installed?
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jvanderhoff Posted at 8-10 21:58
If the front touchscreen module was available, would I be able to enable wind noise reduction, then remove the touch screen and maintain that setting or is wind noise reduction only enabled when the touchscreen is installed?

Hi there. Sorry for not making it clear. I just confirmed with our designated team. The only way to enable wind noise reduction is by using the touch-screen module but, you can leave it on even when the module is not attached. So yes, the wind noise reduction will maintain even after removing the touch-screen module. Have a nice day.
2023-8-11
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 8-11 00:51
Hi there. Sorry for not making it clear. I just confirmed with our designated team. The only way to enable wind noise reduction is by using the touch-screen module but, you can leave it on even when the module is not attached. So yes, the wind noise reduction will maintain even after removing the touch-screen module. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the clarification Tony! This seems like an inefficient method. Could a SW update be made to enable the option from the base camera or app?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jvanderhoff Posted at 8-11 07:01
Thanks for the clarification Tony! This seems like an inefficient method. Could a SW update be made to enable the option from the base camera or app?

Hello. I can't tell that yet. I will refer your suggestion to our designated team for evaluation. Once approved, it will be announced officially from the DJI official website or from this forum site. We appreciate your support.
2023-8-11
Use props
elbonJoham#r
New

Pakistan

Applying EQ tools on set is an effective way to tame reduce noise before it even hits your recorder. Many microphones incorporate EQ switches for boosting and attenuating certain frequency ranges. Mics used in video production will often feature high pass filters to reduce low frequencies, such as our VideoMic Pro+.
2023-9-19
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

you can try
use a uv or pol filter and dead cat for action cam
Screenshot_2023-10-16-20-36-29-021_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
2023-10-16
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

lutzmix Posted at 10-16 10:39
you can try
use a uv or pol filter and dead cat for action cam[Image]
or a camera cover with the dead cat
Screenshot_2023-10-16-21-14-10-842_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
2023-10-16
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

@jvanderhoff

if possible use an external microphone!!!

intern mics  noise reduction on
2023-10-17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

cheap trrs mic
test it soon

IMG_20231022_115358.jpg
2023-10-22
Use props
lutzmix