Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

Hello,

I wanted to change the camera module of my avata drone. I got a spare camera which is absolutely in working condition..
I replaced the camera with the gimbal module and got an error "Camera Calibration Error". However, the camera is working fine but it's just this error in the bottom right corner.
I know for O3, when we connect it to the Consumer Drone software, we get a pop up for calibrating the camera. But the pop up DOES NOT appear for avata in the consumer drones software even with the battery powered on.
Can DJI please confirm and comment???

If we can change the camera on O3, then why not with Avata?

2023-7-11
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

Can any DJI rep please revert on this????
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am sorry that there is no similar camera calibration option on the DJI Assistant 2 for DJI Avata. And we are sorry that we may not support self-repair. If needed, you can send it back to DJI for further service. May I know if you are currently located in India? If this is the case, as we don't have official channels that sell DJI drones in India, you may need to contact you reseller for assistance on sending it in. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-12
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

Thank you Susan for your reply.
Yes, I am from India and I do understand that there is no official DJI support in my country. I have 2 Avatas and they both fly great.

All I am wondering is why there is no calibration option for Avata? I again do understand that DJI does not want the avata to be self repaired but if the O3 has an option to change and calibrate the new camera, so should the avata have. Afterall, avata is built on the O3 platform... isn't it? Is there a workaround? May be like flashing the O3 firmware first on avata and then calibrating the camera and then rolling up to the latest avata firmware or something like that????

Please check with your tech team as I am sure there would be many people who would want just the camera to be replaced for their avatas
2023-7-12
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

@Susan ????
2023-7-14
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

Can any DJI rep please revert....
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_WkwsIkluQo7D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566388 ft

Russia

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 7-16 10:34
Can any DJI rep please revert....

Same problem to me here. Do you still have issue?Is dji assistance 2 or DJI fly have calibration utility?
2023-8-27
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

djiuser_WkwsIkluQo7D Posted at 8-27 22:38
Same problem to me here. Do you still have issue?Is dji assistance 2 or DJI fly have calibration utility?

I just checked again with the app.
I now do see a popup to download calibration for the replacement camera. So it's kind of sorted maybe ....
2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_WkwsIkluQo7D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566388 ft

Russia

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 8-27 23:18
I now do see a popup to download calibration for the replacement camera. So it's kind of sorted maybe ....

is it work for you? i have error on download
2023-9-4
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

djiuser_WkwsIkluQo7D Posted at 9-4 02:55
is it work for you? i have error on download

Yes. Working for me... Try the latest app.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_rbg7NEZ75ry8
lvl.1

Greece

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 8-27 23:18

I have the same problem...my camera send a signal but calibration error is on the down wright corner...you replace the avata camera with a new one and calibrate it with a dji assistant program?
2023-11-11
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

djiuser_rbg7NEZ75ry8 Posted at 11-11 14:29
I have the same problem...my camera send a signal but calibration error is on the down wright corner...you replace the avata camera with a new one and calibrate it with a dji assistant program?

Please watch this video that I made.

https://youtu.be/3WrAEQrZqXE?si=iBKRJtxZvm4RNljL
2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_rbg7NEZ75ry8
lvl.1

Greece

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 11-11 16:35

sorry my friend but i can not find your video.if you like send me again the address..
2023-11-15
Use props
Deltaarmeiro
New
Flight distance : 196483 ft
Brazil

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 11-11 16:35

assisti o video funciona muito bem, qual versão do software, aqui no avata troquei o modulo da camera somente, e no fly fica em 0% de downlaod e da erro, nao baixa a calibração
me ajude
2023-12-14
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

Deltaarmeiro Posted at 12-14 09:09
assisti o video funciona muito bem, qual versão do software, aqui no avata troquei o modulo da camera somente, e no fly fica em 0% de downlaod e da erro, nao baixa a calibração
me ajude

You can use the DJI Fly app to download the calibration but if you purchased a cheap replacement module from Aliexpress, it may not work as DJI has blocked those serial numbers. You will need a genuine DJI module from their inventory or from another avata. The cheap knock offs will not calibrate.
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules