2153 22 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felix.breeze
lvl.2
Flight distance : 681102 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Team,

My Mavic Air 2 has just developed this fault, 'Image transmission signal may be blocked. Position remote controller to face aircraft and adjust antennas for optimal signal strength or fly at hight altitude'.

This started the other day, flying from my back door which I have been doing for over 3 years with no errors.

I got the error even before the aircraft left the gound!

Help Please.

Thanks
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, felix.breeze. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly provide us with a screenshot of the error as well as the remote controller you're using with the Mavic Air 2 for further checking. We will wait for your reply.
2023-7-12
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello

I have done some checking and if I select 2.4 ghz everything is OK.

When I select 5.8 ghz the connection is immediately lost.

All was OK until the last firmware upgrade.
2023-7-13
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello

When I select 5.8 ghz the connection is immediately lost.

All was OK until the last firmware upgrade.

The controller is an RCN1
2023-7-13
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello.

What can I do to either:

1 Identify the exact issue that’s is causing my 5.8 GHZ signal to to be working

2. Fix it so the my 5.8 GHZ signal does work.

KR

J
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-16 13:55
Hello.

What can I do to either:

Hi, felix.breeze. We got this referred to our designated team. I will get back to you fast with a resolution. I appreciate your patience and am sorry for the late response by the way.
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-16 13:55
Hello.

What can I do to either:

Thank you for waiting. It indicates the 5.8 GHz channel is unavailable in your flight region which may be caused by the environment's wireless interference or some unknown limit. Please use 2.4 GHz or select Auto to fly or try to fly it from a different location.
2023-7-17
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Tony

Thanks for the contact.

I tried my 5.8 at home, a location 200k away (I have been there before and 5.8 has always worked.

Both locations using 5.8 does not work.

If I switch to Auto it always selects 5.8 and then connection is immediately lost.

This only happened since the last firmware update.

I need a resolution urgently please.

2.4 is perfect.
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-18 06:50
Hello Tony

Thanks for the contact.

Hello there. Just to confirm, under transmission, is the frequency set to "Dual-band"?
2023-7-19
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Tony,

When I set the transmission to dual band, it automatically selects 5.8ghz and immediately it loses connection.

If I manually set it to 2.4ghz immediately I get full connection.

If I then manually set it back to 5.8 the connection is immediately lost.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-19 06:53
Hello Tony,

When I set the transmission to dual band, it automatically selects 5.8ghz and immediately it loses connection.

Have you already tried refreshing the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller? We suggest doing it from the DJI Assistant 2 using your computer. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 by clicking this link. Once installed you will need to connect your Mavic Air 2 to your computer (same steps with the remote). Select your drone under "connected devices" then select "firmware update" from the left. There you will have an option to upgrade or refresh the firmware.
2023-7-19
Use props
Felix Breeze6
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-19 22:35
Have you already tried refreshing the firmware of the aircraft and remote controller? We suggest doing it from the DJI Assistant 2 using your computer. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 by clicking this link. Once installed you will need to connect your Mavic Air 2 to your computer (same steps with the remote). Select your drone under "connected devices" then select "firmware update" from the left. There you will have an option to upgrade or refresh the firmware.

Hello Tony

Yes, I checked firmware for the drone and controller using the software as well as reinstalling the DJI Fly app and the firmware versions are current.

Just out of interest, when the drone is in auto mode, it always selects 5.8 1st then connection to my controller is immediately lost!

Manualy switching the transmission to 2.4 the drone immediately connects!

Please help here, this is really taking too long to resolve.

How do I confirm if the issue is software or hardware related?

2023-7-26
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Tony,

Can you please confirm that this error is software related and can be fixed with a firmware update?
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Felix Breeze6 Posted at 7-26 09:23
Hello Tony

Yes, I checked firmware for the drone and controller using the software as well as reinstalling the DJI Fly app and the firmware versions are current.

Hi. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get this referred to our relevant team. Will it be fine if you DM me the following information: Drone serial number, aircraft firmware version, controller firmware version, and mobile device model? I appreciate your patience.
2023-7-27
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-27 00:52
Hi. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll get this referred to our relevant team. Will it be fine if you DM me the following information: Drone serial number, aircraft firmware version, controller firmware version, and mobile device model? I appreciate your patience.

Hello Tony, PM sent.

KR

James
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-27 11:28
Hello Tony, PM sent.

KR

Thank you felix.breeze. I will check it. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day.
2023-7-27
Use props
felix.breeze
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Heres the transmission form my Mavic Mini from 5 minutes ago. You can see 5.8GHz is perfect
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

felix.breeze Posted at 7-27 23:07
[view_image]

Heres the transmission form my Mavic Mini from 5 minutes ago. You can see 5.8GHz is perfect

Thank you for the information, Felix. This is noted. However, I have already referred your concern to our designated team. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your patience.
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_Ak8JWuD9nMoI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125243 ft

Vietnam

Same for me after the latest firmware update.
2023-12-1
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

I have downgraded the firmware by 1 level for both the camera body and the controller, but the situation is still the same, is there a problem with my hardware? Is the mini 3 pro just out of warranty so bad?
2023-12-1
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

felix.breeze Posted at 7-13 13:40
Hello

Reading your comment, I see the same situation as my mini 3 pro now. I just bought it and it's been out of genuine warranty for a few months, and now it's like that! Are we having hardware problems? 5.8Ghz wave control IC? Previously, my Iphone 6s could not connect to 5Ghz wifi, it could only connect to 2.4Ghz wifi. Is it the same?
2023-12-1
Use props
Jpenn1sc
New

United Kingdom

Hello Coffee City,

As recommended by DJI I sent my drone off to them for assessment/ repair.

The analysis was that the drone would need a brand new motherboard in the Drone AND the RC!!!!!!

What are the chances of both boards failing at the same time!

0.00000000001%!!!!!

DJI did this to my drone, just after a firmware update.

They are a disgrace and just want to get money out of us.

For this they wanted to charge me over £500.

Guess what, I didn’t get the repair done and fly only on 2.4.
2023-12-2
Use props
COFFEE CITY
lvl.1

Vietnam

Jpenn1sc Posted at 12-2 01:44
Hello Coffee City,

As recommended by DJI I sent my drone off to them for assessment/ repair.

Isn't it unreasonable that both the aircraft and controller have a damaged motherboard at the same time? Not only you and me but also many others have the same problem. How disappointing for a brand.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules