Automatic app logout and usage without internet
608 18 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, in a month I'm going to travel for two weeks in Chile and Bolivia, and I won't have access to internet, maybe for the whole time. Surely not when I will be out trying to fly.

I've seen that the app automatically logs me out from time to time. How can I pervent this and stay logged in while I'm not connected to the internet since I obviously will not be able to login?

Thanks
2023-7-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Surely there will be places in both countries that will have wifi available. ie. Hotels, libraries etc. Also, according to Dji, you are only logged out every 3 months or so. If you log out the day before travel commences then log back in, you shoul be ok! (Famous last words).
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn
lvl.1

Italy

yogi053 Posted at 7-12 08:40
Surely there will be places in both countries that will have wifi available. ie. Hotels, libraries etc. Also, according to Dji, you are only logged out every 3 months or so. If you log out the day before travel commences then log back in, you shoul be ok! (Famous last words).

Thanks, I will try, and yes, I should have wifi when in hotel or apartment, but no connection on the spot.

Since it happened 2 times already to arrive on the spot and discovering that I was logged out, I'm a bit scared. But I wasn't using the drone much so maybe in both cases 3 months were passed...

Is it possible to fly to some extent without login tho?
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a great practice to connect to a network or mobile hotspot before going to a remote location to ensure that there is no re-login required. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-7-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn Posted at 7-12 10:13
Thanks, I will try, and yes, I should have wifi when in hotel or apartment, but no connection on the spot.

Since it happened 2 times already to arrive on the spot and discovering that I was logged out, I'm a bit scared. But I wasn't using the drone much so maybe in both cases 3 months were passed...

Yes it is possible still to fly but it is very limited... Also the DJI Forced Login is every month not every three months... Plenty of threads about this problem for remote areas..

A real PITA and a dealbreaker if you can't find internet....
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 20:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a great practice to connect to a network or mobile hotspot before going to a remote location to ensure that there is no re-login required. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.

Thanks, please just let me get this straight. I should just open the app while connected to a network while logged in? Logging out and logging in again will work too? Would it be an extra step?
2023-7-12
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn Posted at 7-12 21:45
Thanks, please just let me get this straight. I should just open the app while connected to a network while logged in? Logging out and logging in again will work too? Would it be an extra step?

Sorry I was wrong about the 'time limit'. What I meant was by logging out and then logging back into your account you have 'refreshed' your details.
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn
lvl.1

Italy

yogi053 Posted at 7-12 23:56
Sorry I was wrong about the 'time limit'. What I meant was by logging out and then logging back into your account you have 'refreshed' your details.

No problem and thanks for your fast reply. I'm gonna do as you said and hope for the best. Thanks again
2023-7-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 20:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. It is a great practice to connect to a network or mobile hotspot before going to a remote location to ensure that there is no re-login required. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.

Is there also a 3 month time period?
I am sure I seen Mods mention such a time period.
If there is a 3 month time period what pilot actions does it relate to?
2023-7-13
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-13 03:48

I've had my Mini 2 for almost 2 years now. And I know for a fact (especially during the winter months) that I have gone longer than a month without touching the Mini 2 or even the DJI Fly app and I have NEVER had to login since I originally installed the DJI Fly app.

So I'm not sure where this once a month thing comes from but I agree, Sean-bumble-bee, I don't think that's correct. Three months sounds more accurate.
2023-7-13
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Quick search comes up with this....

2023-7-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So,was I correct in saying 3 months in the first post or not? Looks like Dji Paladin and Dji Gamora differ in their replies!
2023-7-13
Use props
djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn
lvl.1

Italy

dnddad324 Posted at 7-13 06:04

[view_image]
Yes, I had found similarly reply, but maybe (I'm not sure) I was logged out before three months, so that's why I asked. And infact an admin just told me the limit is one month. Maybe some new update. But I got logged out pretty often lately considering that I'm not using much the drone and long periods may pass from flight to flight
2023-7-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

dnddad324 Posted at 7-13 06:04

[view_image]

If you continue searching you will also find that they did change it from three month to one... Also, it seems to be a radio related problem not drone related (after all you are force to log in only to update the FlySafe)... With the RC you may still get three month, but with the RC Pro it seems to be a month or even randomly less. Plenty of threads on the subject...

Now we have a customer here in Fiji where it can't fly at all as even with internet available, as the software won't update...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293967
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_x8fnwJzdLxHn Posted at 7-12 21:45

Yes, it should work this way. The best thing to do is to perform these steps in an area where there is a network or internet connection before going to remote places to finish a task without experiencing any issues related to this. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-13 03:48

It should be one month, Sean. Sorry for the confusion.
2023-7-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-15 05:24
It should be one month, Sean. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
Two more questions,
1) I use multiple 'phones', each with a FLY App on it, if automatically logged out on one will I be logged out on the others?
2) Is there any connection between these log outs of the App and random log outs from this website/forum?
2023-7-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps an alternative solution for applicable drones and controllers, instal Litchi as a backup to the FLY App?
I just went to use a not-used-in-a-while-phone and, guess what, it was logged out of the Fly app. I would have logged out anyway, as I wanted to test whether a FLY App log out affected Litchi, so no harm done but I was able to use Litchi, this was an indoor test so I couldn't test limits etc..
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-15 05:38
Thanks
Two more questions,
1) I use multiple 'phones', each with a FLY App on it, if automatically logged out on one will I be logged out on the others?

Thank you for your feedback, Sean. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules