DJI Mavic 3E - Stiching SUPR Photoset
764 9 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timo_95
lvl.1

Germany

Hi All

Once I take a high resolution image with the Mavic 3E, a SUPR Photoset is created consisting of 16 sub-photos.
After transferring the files to my Mac, I can see the SUPR Folder and the html File.
I now want to stich the 16 pictures together to create one big, high resolution picture.

Once I open the html file, Google Chrome opens and I see the the photos somehow stiched together, but I cannot do anything besides clicking on each of the 16 images and getting a detail view of that image only. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, I tried Lightroom and other stiching apps, none worked.
Lightroom, for example, can only merge 3 or 4 of the 16 images, creating a useless output.
I am using a Mac, so using Microsoft ICE doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated

2023-7-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried Affinity?  
2023-7-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

If you use Photoshop (not Lightroom), you’ll get MUCH better results and it’ll use most of the images. I ran into the same issue with Lightroom.

And if you use Photoshop Beta, you can fill in the gaps that will no doubt be there, with the new "Generative Fill" feature.

2023-7-12
Use props
Timo_95
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks both!
Tried Affinity Photo 2 and Photoshop. Results are definitely better than Lightroom, but still big gaps.

I wonder, is there no DJI solution to stich the images?
And why is the html file created, if its useless to stich the images?
2023-7-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Timo_95 Posted at 7-12 22:19
Thanks both!
Tried Affinity Photo 2 and Photoshop. Results are definitely better than Lightroom, but still big gaps.

THAT is a darn good question Timo_95.  Since they already prepare it that way (at least in the presentation layer of the app) you would think they would finish the job.  : )
2023-7-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had pretty good luck with Photoshop but I recently started using Metashape to stitch these together and it did surprisingly well. I agree though, it's pretty ridiculous that DJI would develop a tool and advertise it's usefulness with inspection work. Then when people ask how to actually use it they don't even have a pre-written reply.
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks both!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your question has been forwarded to our engineers. If we get any answers, we will update here.
2023-7-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-17 04:28
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your question has been forwarded to our engineers. If we get any answers, we will update here.

*IF* we get any answers..? What kind of response is that? The question isn't some far fetched feature request. It's simply asking how to utilize an already available camera mode. Do your engineers not even know how to use SUPR photo mode? Or do they just not have the time to explain to your customers how to use it? If it's the second choice, what are they so busy with?  We all know they're not busy fixing the many issues with the M3E/M3T.
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks both!

We got the response from our engineers:
The folder with a SUPR suffix stores High-Res Grid photos, and each shot will generate a folder with a SUPR suffix.
The folder contains large images from the wide camera, partial images from the zoom camera, and an HTML web file that can be opened in a web browser without connecting the computer to the network to view overview images and detailed close-up images.
If you want to stitch the photos, you have to use third-party software, but we do not have recommended software.
May we know which scenarios you want to use it for?
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 7-17 23:13
*IF* we get any answers..? What kind of response is that? The question isn't some far fetched feature request. It's simply asking how to utilize an already available camera mode. Do your engineers not even know how to use SUPR photo mode? Or do they just not have the time to explain to your customers how to use it? If it's the second choice, what are they so busy with?  We all know they're not busy fixing the many issues with the M3E/M3T.

You may overreact to my response.
That only means it takes some time to get a response from our engineers.
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules