Remote ID possibility
1270 4 2023-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Life in the Fishbowl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140269 ft
United States

Is it safe to assume the Mini 2 SE will NOT be getting a firmware update to be remote ID compliant? I understand in it's stock form for recreation it's not required due to weight and use, but for Part 107 work it would be required in addition to registration. I get back and forth answers from support.
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For compliance, the regulations do not require drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) to have the Remote ID function. That is, drones that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) may not have the Remote ID function, such as DJI Mini, DJI Mini 2, and DJI Mini 2 SE.

Both drone weight and purpose should be considered. Only when a user operates a drone that weighs 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and for recreation purposes only, they are not required to register their aircraft or comply with Remote ID regulations. However, if the user’s purpose is a commercial operation, even if the drone weight is 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams), they need to register their aircraft and comply with Remote ID regulations.
2023-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a thread about whats getting RID here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-7-14
Use props
Life in the Fishbowl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140269 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 02:38
There's a thread about whats getting RID here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293343&extra=page%3D1

Thanks! I reviewed that and got a little hung up on the wording where they said "All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities."

They should change All drones to select drones.
2023-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Life in the Fishbowl Posted at 7-14 05:28
Thanks! I reviewed that and got a little hung up on the wording where they said "All DJI drones manufactured after September 16, 2022, such as Mavic 3 Pro, Mavic 3 Classic, Inspire 3, and DJI Mini 3, all have built-in remote ID capabilities."

They should change All drones to select drones.

They also had a list of supported drones too
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules