Declaration For: Unmanned Aircraft

Make:
DJI

Model:
Mavic Pro Platinum

FCC Identifier:
SS3-M1X1708

Serial #: 1581F08Q300000000000 - 1581F08Q3FFFFFFFFFFF

MOC Tracking Numbers: (#RID-ASTM-F3586-22-NOA-22-01) ASTM-F3586-22 with additions

DJI, What does this mean?

2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no RID firmware provided for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and you need to purchase an external module separately. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-7-13
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-13 20:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no RID firmware provided for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and you need to purchase an external module separately. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Does DJI have a recommended RID module that doesn't cost more than the drone itself?
2023-7-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 7-14 05:18
Does DJI have a recommended RID module that doesn't cost more than the drone itself?

Could be interesting getting a recommendation from DJI as I doubt they test the products from other companies and there is a financial motivation to encourage consumers to buy new and modern hardware from DJI.

If somebody was forward thinking at DJI, they could offer their own or a partner module in the store, and during checkout they could offer a promo for some kind of discount on a new remote-id compliant drone.  Oh the opportunities!  : )
2023-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's this one thats cheap - https://shop.dronetag.cz/products/41-dronetag-bs.html
2023-7-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-14 08:56
Could be interesting getting a recommendation from DJI as I doubt they test the products from other companies and there is a financial motivation to encourage consumers to buy new and modern hardware from DJI.

If somebody was forward thinking at DJI, they could offer their own or a partner module in the store, and during checkout they could offer a promo for some kind of discount on a new remote-id compliant drone.  Oh the opportunities!  : )

Looks like you have on your Marketing hat Tony.  Some good ideas that DJI could have adopted for sure.
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. As of the moment, we don't have a list nor do we provide any specific modules, you may visit the FAA website first since we have not tested any of them. FAA-approved Remote ID modules or brands are all listed on the FAA website. Guide Cx to check:https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs . You may check the screenshot below as we  Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-15 13:31
Looks like you have on your Marketing hat Tony.  Some good ideas that DJI could have adopted for sure.

Well, in a perfect world, everything can be an opportunity for an upsell.  If they are so inclined.
2023-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-18 15:59
Well, in a perfect world, everything can be an opportunity for an upsell.  If they are so inclined.

You are spot on about that.  
2023-7-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-13 14:19
Taking a stab my guess is it means you applied for a Remote ID number for a Mavic Pro Platinum.  To my knowledge, a Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Platinum is NOT RID-compliant.  You may have received an initial RID #, but later it was realized the drone is not RID-compliant, thus the ID was rescinded.

This was actually rescinding a declaration of compliance filed by DJI themselves. I expect it was a process oversight (checking) as they made multiple similtanious filings.
2023-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI asked the FAA to withdraw the DoC.  It too the FAA forever to rescind it.
Apparently the FAA doesn't verify the DoC is legitimate.
2023-7-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-20 11:47
DJI asked the FAA to withdraw the DoC.  It too the FAA forever to rescind it.
Apparently the FAA doesn't verify the DoC is legitimate.

Well, it was just a declaration.  I declare I'm intelligent, but doesn't make it so.
2023-7-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-20 12:43
Well, it was just a declaration.  I declare I'm intelligent, but doesn't make it so.

The Autel Nano has a declaration too, effective starting last month and I haven't see any software or any release notes or indication that the drone is RID compliant.  Since it is under 250g and RID not required, I wonder if the DoC has something to do with automatically getting a declaration even if you don't need it.  I'm fine with that but wonder what do they declarations really mean if it's nothing more than a piece of paper and no one is testing for actual compliance.
2023-7-20
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-13 20:50

DJI submitted the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum to the FAA database months ago, I purchased a new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum with the knowledge that it would support RID. After receiving the drone I spent three weeks fighting DJI to get my Care Refresh package applied and when I checked the status of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum at the FAA web site they had posted that it had been 'Recinded' which is why I posted.

DJI had announced that the Mavic Pro Platinum would be supporting RID and referenced the FAA database.  

FYI for those that have 'unsupported' drones, Dronetag has a BS module that will be less than $89, can use the drones battery and takes less than 20 minutes to install, most of that time is getting access to install the module, 1gram was the weight I saw.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000257 https://shop.dronetag.cz/products/41-dronetag-bs.html

2023-8-7
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-13 14:19
Taking a stab my guess is it means you applied for a Remote ID number for a Mavic Pro Platinum.  To my knowledge, a Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Platinum is NOT RID-compliant.  You may have received an initial RID #, but later it was realized the drone is not RID-compliant, thus the ID was rescinded.

Nope, DJI had submitted the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum to the FAA database, they made an announcement that they would be supporting RID for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum,  since then they have also said they will be supporting RID for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom drones in November, at this point I do not know what DJI is or is not supporting, at the FAA web site you can view all the 'submitted' DJI drones including the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum AND DJI Air 2S which I just purchased a few hours ago, DJI, in the USA we value manufactures that support their products after customers invest thousands of dollars with a company for their products.  
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WaterMaster Posted at 8-7 17:33
DJI submitted the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum to the FAA database months ago, I purchased a new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum with the knowledge that it would support RID. After receiving the drone I spent three weeks fighting DJI to get my Care Refresh package applied and when I checked the status of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum at the FAA web site they had posted that it had been 'Recinded' which is why I posted.

DJI had announced that the Mavic Pro Platinum would be supporting RID and referenced the FAA database.  

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. Someone pretends to be DJI to apply for this model, and FAA investigators are investigating. After verification, the model is already removed from the FAA page. Please note that this model currently does NOT compliant with FAA RID through firmware upgrades. Please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and install it on the aircraft to comply. We appreciate your understanding.

2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules