Internet Communication Problems with Assistant 2?
546 7 2023-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

I have an RC231 (which I'm advised is similar to the RC-N1) that came with the Mavic Air 2 "Fly More" package.  It's still on a Dec, 2020, firmware version, and I'm trying to update that using DJI Assistant 2.  After updating Assistant 2 itself (the first roadblock), I can now connect my PC to the RC, but Assistant still doesn't obtain the firmware list from DJI.

The solution proposed by DJI Gamora in an earlier thread was to connect my computer to a cell-phone hot spot (presumably to circumvent my router), but that's not possible here because of no cell service.  I have solid Internet, but only by wired Ethernet through a router that is, in turn, connected to a microwave transceiver on the roof provided by a local ISP.

So my question is this:  Can anybody tell me what is the likely roadblock caused by my router and/or my PC firewall so that I can remove it, at least temporarily?

If it's the router, I could bypass it and connect the PC directly to the microwave transceiver.  If it's my firewall, I can tweak settings accordingly, but trial-and-error is unproductive.  Can anybody help? -- jclarkw
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Please be advised that RC231 is the certified model, and RC-N1 is the name of the remote controller. Both refer to the same remote controller. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2 software issue, can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-13
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-13 19:16
Hi there. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Please be advised that RC231 is the certified model, and RC-N1 is the name of the remote controller. Both refer to the same remote controller. Regarding the DJI Assistant 2 software issue, can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Dear Paladin -- There are only 4 steps, so I'm trying to upload one image of each.  I hope it works!
Step 1: Start Assistant 2 in Administrator account on PC:

Step 2: Start RC231 and connect to PC:

Step 3: Click on the RC-N1 icon that appears:

Step 4: Click on "Retry":

Clicking on the "refresh" symbol in the upper right results in image 4 again.

I also saved both a "Log Export" and a "DJI Assistant Log," in case you need them later, but did not attach them here.  Regards -- jclarkw

Assistant Step 1.png
Assistant Step 2.png
Assistant Step 3.png

Step 4

Step 4
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 7-14 08:25
Dear Paladin -- There are only 4 steps, so I'm trying to upload one image of each.  I hope it works!
Step 1: Start Assistant 2 in Administrator account on PC:
[view_image]

Thank you for your response, jclarkw. It seems that DJI Gamora already asks you for some information so we can further isolate the issue. Before sending the information to DJI Gamora, can you please confirm if you already tried to connect the RC to a different computer to check if you still have the issue? Also, please make sure that you already reinstall the app. Please let us know. Thank you.   
2023-7-16
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 02:21
Thank you for your response, jclarkw. It seems that DJI Gamora already asks you for some information so we can further isolate the issue. Before sending the information to DJI Gamora, can you please confirm if you already tried to connect the RC to a different computer to check if you still have the issue? Also, please make sure that you already reinstall the app. Please let us know. Thank you.

Dear Paladin -- I only have one computer here. Not sure what you mean about "reinstall the app."  I updated both the DJI Fly app on my phone, the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer, and through the latter, the aircraft firmware on the Mavic Air 2.  So the only thing that I can't update is the firmware in the RC231.

I'll go check the other thread now... -- jclarkw
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 7-16 08:51
Dear Paladin -- I only have one computer here. Not sure what you mean about "reinstall the app."  I updated both the DJI Fly app on my phone, the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer, and through the latter, the aircraft firmware on the Mavic Air 2.  So the only thing that I can't update is the firmware in the RC231.

I'll go check the other thread now... -- jclarkw

Thank you for your response, jclarkw. If you perform all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue but still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the remote controller in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index .   Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-16
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 19:14
Thank you for your response, jclarkw. If you perform all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue but still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the remote controller in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index .   Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Dear Paladin -- Are you saying that it's time for me to seek a repair, or are you turning this problem over to Gamora on the other thread?

Regards -- jclarkw
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jclarkw Posted at 7-17 15:36
Dear Paladin -- Are you saying that it's time for me to seek a repair, or are you turning this problem over to Gamora on the other thread?

Regards -- jclarkw

If all the solutions didn't work, I will highly recommend you send it for proper diagnostics. Thank you for your understanding, jclarkw. Have a nice day.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules