RTH and obstacle on descend
305 7 2023-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kajtek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112697 ft
Canada

I  knolw that during RTH when there is an obstacle when the the drone if flying toward home point it will avoid it if bypass mode is selected. What obstacle recognitions are used during the descend. My drone (mini pro 3) crashed into the 50 cm high bush. It did not slow down until it was too late.  Does (should) the drone see obstacle to stop the descend

2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Kajtek, sorry to hear that. May I know if you have retrieved the aircraft?

If yes and the aircraft has been crashed, it is recommended to send it back for checking, and could also arrange data analysis to see the specific cause of the accident if within the warranty. Here is the link, https://repair.dji.com/ .

For the vision system, it may not function properly while over obstacles with small surface areas, like tree branches, which is without clear pattern variations. Therefore,the aircraft may not be able to actively avoid when landing. It is recommended to maintain flight control at all times, make reasonable judgments based on the surrounding environment, and avoid over-relying on the Downward Vision System.

For more details, you could also refer to this User Manual (#Page 19 - Using the Vision Systems)
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2023-7-13
Use props
djiuser_12zk5vczUlle
New
Flight distance : 182802 ft

Portugal

I have a dji mini 2.
I had just started flying it, it had already locked on 16 Satélites with strong connection and all of the sudden it lost signal to the RC, it was about 40m high, and 3 meters distance from me. Then I lost sight of it and it did not activate the ARTH feature. When I went into find my drone, it had a lost known coordinate and it wasn’t there, what do I do ? It appeared to enter in altitude mode when it lost connection and then it just went further away from me. Is there a way to access the telemetry ?
2023-7-15
Use props
Kajtek
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 7-13 23:25
Hi Kajtek, sorry to hear that. May I know if you have retrieved the aircraft?

If yes and the aircraft has been crashed, it is recommended to send it back for checking, and could also arrange data analysis to see the specific cause of the accident if within the warranty. Here is the link, https://repair.dji.com/ .

Thank you. It appears that my drone suffered no damage as it landed on a bush without any scratches. Later that day, I conducted three Return-to-Home (RTH) test landings, all of which went smoothly. The drone seems to be functioning well. However, I am now curious to know whether the crash was caused by RTH limitations or a temporary malfunction.

My expectation is that if the drone is descending and detects anything other than the ground, it should halt its descent and prompt me for further instructions. Interestingly, this scenario actually happened during one of the test RTH landings in the evening.

I am aware that certain limitations, such as branches and poor lighting, can affect the RTH operation. However, the bush in question had dense foliage and good lighting conditions. Despite this, the drone descended at full speed and I was only able to cancel the RTH command just before it crashed into the bush at a relatively high speed. Unfortunately, the log indicates zero speed just before the crash, leaving me unsure of the actual speed at impact.
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Kajtek Posted at 7-15 15:22
Thank you. It appears that my drone suffered no damage as it landed on a bush without any scratches. Later that day, I conducted three Return-to-Home (RTH) test landings, all of which went smoothly. The drone seems to be functioning well. However, I am now curious to know whether the crash was caused by RTH limitations or a temporary malfunction.

My expectation is that if the drone is descending and detects anything other than the ground, it should halt its descent and prompt me for further instructions. Interestingly, this scenario actually happened during one of the test RTH landings in the evening.

Hello, there. The Vision System is not the same as the eyes of us. It has certain limitations and thus we recommend you take control of the drone and choose suitable places for landing.
We are glad that your drone suffered no damage but we will recommend you send it back for diagnosis if there are any errors.
2023-7-15
Use props
Kajtek
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-15 23:46
Hello, there. The Vision System is not the same as the eyes of us. It has certain limitations and thus we recommend you take control of the drone and choose suitable places for landing.
We are glad that your drone suffered no damage but we will recommend you send it back for diagnosis if there are any errors.

Thank you. I will do it and send it for inspection. I know that there is no perfect system. I am trying to understand the limitations of the autolanding, and it appears that in this case, there was a limitation that is not common and not clearly defined in the manual. During my previous RTH landing in the same spot, I was able to take control, but in the crash, the drone was descending too fast, and when I canceled RTH, it was too late
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kajtek Posted at 7-16 12:55
Thank you. I will do it and send it for inspection. I know that there is no perfect system. I am trying to understand the limitations of the autolanding, and it appears that in this case, there was a limitation that is not common and not clearly defined in the manual. During my previous RTH landing in the same spot, I was able to take control, but in the crash, the drone was descending too fast, and when I canceled RTH, it was too late

Thank you for your reply. It is hard to define all the scenarios in the manual. Another reminder is that the drone can record the Homepoint when the GPS signal is sufficient, therefore, we may also suggest that you wait for the Homepoint to be updated before you takeoff. Thank you for your attention.
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_12zk5vczUlle Posted at 7-15 01:42
I have a dji mini 2.
I had just started flying it, it had already locked on 16 Satélites with strong connection and all of the sudden it lost signal to the RC, it was about 40m high, and 3 meters distance from me. Then I lost sight of it and it did not activate the ARTH feature. When I went into find my drone, it had a lost known coordinate and it wasn’t there, what do I do ? It appeared to enter in altitude mode when it lost connection and then it just went further away from me. Is there a way to access the telemetry ?

Hello, there. Sorry for our miss. We checked that you have claimed a flyaway case and the aircraft has been delivered to you already. May we know if the drone works properly?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules