1323 4 2023-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DiceOfSeven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356142 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that with a Sony FX6 camera, it will not trigger the Wireless Monitor's internal record function through SDI....It will trigger with HDMI....I have tried to update all the way and downgrade all the way and still no effect. HDMI works but SDI will not trigger the Monitor's Internal Record. FX6 will trigger normal devices like Atomos Recorders and Video Devices Pix240....The DJI transmitter will push the SDI trigger to another device on the camera like an Atomos Recorder with the SDI OUT..... but will not trigger the DJI wireless Monitor still. I have noticed it will trigger over SDI on ARRI or RED cameras.

Is this something that could be fixed in a patch or do I "HAVE" to use the HDMI which I prefer to not use?

Another feature that would be nice if it continued the SDI/HDMI flag trigger past the DJI Wireless Monitor Output Module. The DJI Wireless Monitor seems to strip the SDI/HDMI flag out of the signal and it will not trigger things past the DJI Wireless Monitor in the chain.

Are these pipe dream patch requests or is this something in the realm of possibility?

Is this something on SONY's end that it's not sending?

I have tried a factory reset on both the Camera and Wireless System as well with no luck.

Specs:
SONY FX6 V3.00 firmware
DJI Transmission System (Transmitter and Wireless Monitor) V01.05.400 firmware
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, since SONY FX6 does not support the BRAVIA sync function (HDMI control), it only supports the transmission of images when used with DJI Transmission, the control feature is not supported.
We will forward your feedback to the engineers for their notice. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-17
Use props
DiceOfSeven
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-17 00:51
Hi there, since SONY FX6 does not support the BRAVIA sync function (HDMI control), it only supports the transmission of images when used with DJI Transmission, the control feature is not supported.
We will forward your feedback to the engineers for their notice. Thank you for your understanding.

Im not trying to control the FX6, I just want the SDI signal to trigger the DJI Transmission Wireless monitor internal record feature.

Edit: If you need me to make a video of what I mean let me know and I will make one.
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We consulted your issue with our engineers.
Currently, DJI Transmission does not support triggering the Wireless Monitor's internal record function through SDI.
2023-7-17
Use props
DiceOfSeven
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It does with Arri and Red cameras as I use the feature regularly for commercial VTR work.

So why not SONY?
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules