DJI mini 3 PRO RC camera black screen
3354 13 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ymujadidi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279 ft
United Kingdom

I recently bought DJI mini 3 pro and after upgrade the camera is not working and screen on RC is black. on the right butoom it shows N/A. looking at storage both internal and external storage is missing and SD card is shoing N/AN/A available.
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ymujadidi. Thank you for reaching out. Are you pertaining to the firmware update or did you physically update the camera of the drone? If it's a firmware update, please try to refresh the firmware of the devices using the [url=https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series]DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please provide us with a video of the operation, firmware versions, and DJI Fly app version.
2023-7-15
Use props
Alex_Csandrel
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-15 19:31
Hi, ymujadidi. Thank you for reaching out. Are you pertaining to the firmware update or did you physically update the camera of the drone? If it's a firmware update, please try to refresh the firmware of the devices using the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please provide us with a video of the operation, firmware versions, and DJI Fly app version.

Hello, I recently bought a brand new Mini 3 Pro package with the drone and remote controller, followed all the required installation steps and everything went perfectly. I created an account and even activated Care Refresh for 1 year. After that I closed it and carefully put it in the bag to take it out and fly. Unfortunately for me, wen I turned on the remote controller outside, I noticed that the display is frozen. The on/off button work, I can take photos and use the C1 and C2 on the back, but the display is completely frozen. To solve this I tried to cange the name of the aircraft from the Dji Fly App, recently installed on my phone, advice given by a colleague of yours on the forum (App Settings>About>Name) but I can't find where I can change the name under the profile>settings.
I only found Firmware update, Sync flight data, Camera view, Flight tips, Clear cache, Privacy, Language, Unlock geo zone, Beginner guide and Log out. There is no About and Name. Hope there is a way so solve this frustrating situation, otherwise I will use the Care Refresh or return the whole package to the seller. Thank you! Best regards.
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_rk2PdM4P8oyJ
lvl.1
Brazil

I have the same isue as ymujadidi.

I use a Motorola G100 on RC-N1.

Could please help.
2023-8-7
Use props
ymujadidi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_rk2PdM4P8oyJ Posted at 8-7 05:07

[view_image]

After spending 48 hours and trying everything, I decided to ask for a replacement drone.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rk2PdM4P8oyJ Posted at 8-7 05:07

[view_image]

Hello there, Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please follow the steps below:
1. Please make sure you're using the DJI Fly app. You can also try to redownload it from here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2. Make sure the connection between the mobile phone device and the remote controller and the connection between the drone and the remote controller has been successfully connected or kindly relink the aircraft to the controller.
3. Ensure that the microSD card is mounted. We recommend removing the microSD card, rebooting the device, and trying again.
4. Please make sure the version of the drone, remote controller, and App is the latest. When the microSD card is not mounted, you can use the DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the aircraft or the remote controller firmware. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
5. Please reset the camera settings. After resetting the camera settings, please check if the photo and video can be shot normally. If the photo or video also shows black, we suggest sending the drone to the DJI facility for further diagnosis. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/br/repair/index
I hope it works. If you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-8
Use props
SetyaPanca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 415597 ft
Indonesia

After updating DJI Fly App 1.11.4 in my RC, i got the black screen like this photo, after serval restart the drone and controller RC, the problem is solve, but keep appears agai and again when i first turn on the drone.

2023-9-10
Use props
djiuser_nL1UmZUeaa8o
lvl.1
Germany

After the latest update I have the same problem, RC Controller only shows a black screen with a camera stream error. I have to restart the drone 4-5 times for the camera to work. Before the update everything worked fine.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SetyaPanca Posted at 9-10 20:55
After updating DJI Fly App 1.11.4 in my RC, i got the black screen like this photo, after serval restart the drone and controller RC, the problem is solve, but keep appears agai and again when i first turn on the drone.

[view_image]

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please follow the suggestion provided by DJI Tony about downloading the DJI Assistant 2 software and updating/refreshing the software to further isolate the issue. If the issue persists, recommended to send the RC in for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_nL1UmZUeaa8o Posted at 9-11 06:00
After the latest update I have the same problem, RC Controller only shows a black screen with a camera stream error. I have to restart the drone 4-5 times for the camera to work. Before the update everything worked fine.

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot and provide us with the error message you experienced on the controller? Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-21
Use props
ltcd
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 21:28
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot and provide us with the error message you experienced on the controller? Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the firmware to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi there,
sadly I can't prove a screenshot because the message is only showing up randomly and only for a split second, but I did some testing and I think the drone needs to be sent in, because I have tried everything possible to fix the problem.

Some things I noticed:

The Drone or the RC have trouble connecting to the camera stream after it was turned off for a longer period of time
which results in the following:

The Screen is completely black and the UI is grayed out
        - this can be fixed by resetting the camera settings
        - it also resets the gimbal adjustments and is annoying to do

The screen is frozen but UI is usable (sometimes happens after a short (15-30sec) black screen)
        - this can be fixed by switching from photo to video mode or vice versa

The screen is frozen and shows pink artifacts (picture below)
        - same as screen is frozen

After that the camera operates normally, pictures can be taken at any time, even with a black screen.

Starting the RC first and the drone after mostly results in a black screen
Starting the Drone first and the RC after mostly results in a short black screen (15-30 seconds) and then a frozen screen

What I've done trying to fix the Problem:

Refreshed Firmware of Drone and RC (with and without SD) using DJI Assistant 2
Downgraded last RC Update using DJI Assistant 2
Upgraded to newest Update using DJI Assistant 2
formatted SD cards, tried with and without SD cards
Tried with and without Wifi
Tried different batteries
Reset camera settings
Reset drone settings
Did a complete factory reset of the RC Controller

So far nothing has helped

2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ltcd Posted at 9-25 09:30
Hi there,
sadly I can't prove a screenshot because the message is only showing up randomly and only for a split second, but I did some testing and I think the drone needs to be sent in, because I have tried everything possible to fix the problem.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_52rLyDqV2LTF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
United States

I have the exact symptoms as ITCD (above).  My mini 3 pro is brand new, purchased from Costco.  It is very difficult to use Beattie have to turn on and off rcn1 and drone many times for it to work. It appears there are now multiple cases of this problem. Can you provide any new information on the problem?
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_52rLyDqV2LTF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
United States

If I return my drone to Costco and purchase a new one, can the care refresh I purchased 12/25/23 be transferred to the new drone?
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules