Video frame drops/hiccups/stutter every 30 seconds
895 25 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HorsingAround
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hello,

I have just acquired a Mini2 SE and I am mostly satisfied with it.
There are limitations of course, like one should not pan camera very fast to avoid stuttering at 2K 30fps and that's understandable.
Today I have just recorded my second ever video and the footage looks very good in general, but I noticed a sudden frame drop or a hiccup every 30 seconds or so.
I am pretty sure that I am not doing any jerky movements with the controller, there is no wind, and the drone is panning very slowly and moving forward.
The camera was set to auto, but there are no very significant changes in brighteness or scenery to cause such repeating effect.
The 1080p 60fps video looks good, however, I took only a short clip of it.

I have a new Sandisk 128Gb A1 V10 SD card which should have enough write speed for the 2K 30fps footage.
I have also copied the mp4 file to the internal SSD storage of my PC for a check and the repeating hiccups are still there.

Could you please tell me how to solve the problem?
2023-7-15
Use props
HorsingAround
lvl.1
Ukraine

I took longer samples of 1080p 60fps on auto which turned out to be fine but 2K 30fps on even fixed settings has frame drops. I think the 2K 30fps auto and fixed modes are bugged.
2023-7-16
Use props
HorsingAround
lvl.1
Ukraine

Apparently I have used a wrong software to trim the videos and I confused the original and the edited files. The Photos app in Windows 10 cannot trim the 2K videos correctly and it produced the frame drops every 30 seconds
2023-7-16
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Could be the drop frame 29.97 frame rate, being edited at 30fps.
Even though it says 24, 30, 60 on the Dji Fly app settings, it's all retro 23.976, 29.97, 59.94
But editors allow true 24, 30
2023-7-17
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107858 ft
Italy

Hi, I am new user a MINI 2 SE, I took a several video in 1080p e 2K but my MINI 2 videos (and pictures) seems affected with a strange and disturbing noises (are not defined or clear) is it normal for this kind of drone?
I use a SD Samsung in attachment
Thanks in advance.
1-20 11:20
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12920 ft
Greece

Can you post a short video?First off all you took the correct full resolution video?.Not the low resolution video from cache.But as i said if you can post a short video to see what exactly you mean.
1-20 15:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-20 11:20
Hi, I am new user a MINI 2 SE, I took a several video in 1080p e 2K but my MINI 2 videos (and pictures) seems affected with a strange and disturbing noises (are not defined or clear) is it normal for this kind of drone?
I use a SD Samsung in attachment
Thanks in advance.

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please show us sample photos/videos for us to further check? Thank you very much.
1-20 20:23
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-20 20:23
Hi. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please show us sample photos/videos for us to further check? Thank you very much.

Hi, thanks in advance for quickly replies, I upload in google drive videos at different resolutions e 1 picture from camera.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15KSlVbyEZthdUg8ldEFoZ1tQDLWCZgA8
1-21 04:02
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Greece

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-21 04:02
Hi, thanks in advance for quickly replies, I upload in google drive videos at different resolutions e 1 picture from camera.

Make it public access to see it
1-21 05:51
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
Italy

SHADOW28 Posted at 1-21 05:51
Make it public access to see it

My apologies, now is public
1-21 09:14
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Greece

First off all i suggest to take photos at 4:3 cause have better resolution.In 4:3 the resolution is 4000x3000 (12 MP)  so you can take everything from drone camera at resolution.In 16:9 the resolution is 4000x2250 (9 MP).You take photos and videos at "auto" or "pro" mode?
1-21 11:44
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
Italy

SHADOW28 Posted at 1-21 11:44
First off all i suggest to take photos at 4:3 cause have better resolution.In 4:3 the resolution is 4000x3000 (12 MP)  so you can take everything from drone camera at resolution.In 16:9 the resolution is 4000x2250 (9 MP).You take photos and videos at "auto" or "pro" mode?

Hi, I took in auto mode (picture and video) but if you think that noise is normal and you can suggest to me a good setting I can try. I had experience only with a mirror less camera and iPhone 13 mini but I don’t have a experience with drones
1-21 13:02
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Greece

For me there isn't "fix" settings for photos and videos only some general tips like use max cameras resolution,don't take video and photos straight in sun light etc. Try to make some photos in pro mod and "play" with the iso and other settings to make the photo darker or brighter.Every place,every day time,any weather condition have unique settings in camera.So depends from many parameters.And sorry for my English is little........."Greek"
1-21 13:57
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
Italy

SHADOW28 Posted at 1-21 13:57
For me there isn't "fix" settings for photos and videos only some general tips like use max cameras resolution,don't take video and photos straight in sun light etc. Try to make some photos in pro mod and "play" with the iso and other settings to make the photo darker or brighter.Every place,every day time,any weather condition have unique settings in camera.So depends from many parameters.And sorry for my English is little........."Greek"

In real i use drone in FPV mode with Dronemask 2 and with DJI Fly app, in this way fly with drone is much more accurate experience for took a video. I didn’t took so much pictures. Do you think that that noises on video is normal or there is a pro setting for video too? For English not problem, I am Italian, I must use for work and is not perfect at all, but important is understand each other
1-21 14:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-21 04:02

Thank you very much. I will forward this to the relevant team to confirm if this is normal. I will keep you updated. Have a nice day.
1-22 01:17
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-22 01:17
Thank you very much. I will forward this to the relevant team to confirm if this is normal. I will keep you updated. Have a nice day.

Hi, many thanks
1-22 03:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. They have not responded yet but I will make sure to get back to this soon as they reply.
1-23 00:57
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 00:57
You are most welcome. They have not responded yet but I will make sure to get back to this soon as they reply.

Thanks so much you are very kind and really professional.
1-23 05:19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-23 05:19
Thanks so much you are very kind and really professional.

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. The issue is not normal. Please try resetting the camera parameters. If there is no improvement, it is recommended to send the aircraft back to DJI for inspection You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.
1-27 02:04
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-27 02:04
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. The issue is not normal. Please try resetting the camera parameters. If there is no improvement, it is recommended to send the aircraft back to DJI for inspection You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.

Hi DJI Tony, thanks very much for your reply.
Before to activate the guarantee I followed your advice. I updated the DJI Fly to version 12.8, installed the firmware of Mini2SE to the latest version and reset the drone to the factory settings, subsequently, today I performed further flight tests. Unfortunately seems that the issue of the videos (flickering, noise etc) has not resolved. I uploaded the videos and pictures at different resolutions, in this way you can examine it. If you confirm me that the problem still, I follow your suggestion and open the request for activate assistance on my MINI 2 SE, that in every case is a fantastic product. Waiting for your response, I thank you and greet you.

Here the link to new videos

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-4uRuZTnnRrBu9feWp5ofzTwdRa8UAl9
1-27 18:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-27 18:37
Before to activate the guarantee I followed your advice. I updated the DJI Fly to version 12.8, installed the firmware of Mini2SE to the latest version and reset the drone to the factory settings, subsequently, today I performed further flight tests. Unfortunately seems that the issue of the videos (flickering, noise etc) has not resolved. I uploaded the videos and pictures at different resolutions, in this way you can examine it. If you confirm me that the problem still, I follow your suggestion and open the request for activate assistance on my MINI 2 SE, that in every case is a fantastic product. Waiting for your response, I thank you and greet you.

Thank you very much. Let me get some help from the relevant team to confirm. Thank you for your patience.
1-28 02:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-27 18:37
Before to activate the guarantee I followed your advice. I updated the DJI Fly to version 12.8, installed the firmware of Mini2SE to the latest version and reset the drone to the factory settings, subsequently, today I performed further flight tests. Unfortunately seems that the issue of the videos (flickering, noise etc) has not resolved. I uploaded the videos and pictures at different resolutions, in this way you can examine it. If you confirm me that the problem still, I follow your suggestion and open the request for activate assistance on my MINI 2 SE, that in every case is a fantastic product. Waiting for your response, I thank you and greet you.

Hi. I appreciate your patience. The noise is still immense so sending the aircraft back for inspection is still recommended. Thank you for understanding.
1-29 00:58
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-29 00:58
Hi. I appreciate your patience. The noise is still immense so sending the aircraft back for inspection is still recommended. Thank you for understanding.
Thanks DJI Tony I follow your advice and I appreciate your interest in solving the problem. For open the request I must send only drone or all box (battery, remote etc)?
1-29 02:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-29 02:22
Thanks DJI Tony I follow your advice and I appreciate your interest in solving the problem. For open the request I must follow a procedure?

You are most welcome. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/fr/repair/index. You can also refer to this link for the procedure: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper. Please keep me posted if you need further assistance. Thank you.
1-29 02:28
Use props
djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g
lvl.1
France

DJI Tony Posted at 1-29 02:28
You are most welcome. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/fr/repair/index. You can also refer to this link for the procedure: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006865&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Please keep me posted if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Many Thanks, i try. I bought drone on amazon, is necessary print the receive of payment or another document? After bought I open on drone DJI care, insurance and Dflight registration. Do you think that I must suspend it from dflight? My apologies that I ask a lot of questions but i don’t want do something wrong
1-29 02:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A7J13g4lND7g Posted at 1-29 02:46
Many Thanks, i try. I bought drone on amazon, is necessary print the receive of payment or another document? After bought I open on drone DJI care, insurance and Dflight registration. Do you think that I must suspend it from dflight? My apologies that I ask a lot of questions but i don’t want do something wrong

Hi. No need to provide additional documents. If you want to claim your manufacturing warranty, there is no need to use your Care Refresh. Please feel free to ask more.
1-29 02:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules