8906 170 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

There have been some hints from DJI on twitter and also in this video he have some good points.
Wonder if we will see OA4 this August/September?
And yes I will buy it!

Any thoughts?

2023-7-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Already? Surely not?

After the Action 3, if this happens, I'll wait. Once bitten .......
2023-7-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I have no reason to buy a new camera. Just bought it 10 months ago. Works great. Image quality is great. Features are great. Maybe in 5-10 years I get another one - provided batteries will still be available.
2023-7-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm still on the Action2.  This might be a case for leap-frogging the Action 3 and getting the 4 instead.  Or maybe not.
2023-7-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Clickbate is it? but really who knows the truth, its DJI and they won't tell you!  and Yes September is around the corner , will DJI break tehir 3 year  makings. YEP!
2023-7-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

If DJI starts to push out new action cameras each year they will earn more money. They do it with their drones, so why not with action cameras aswell? They already have OM6 and a bunch of different versions of each drone that have been made.

Like why else is there harder to get a OA3 now, are they waiting for new camera or just in general hard to get new from factory? I think first one.
2023-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

an awesome way to  copycat gopro how they fix camera issues by releasing new products. you buy a new car each time they come out with a new model?
2023-7-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Always more interested in non-sponsored reviews like below - to more accurately represent device pros and cons.

Already the Action2 + X3 do everything well - with X3 capturing amazing drone-like extreme wide angle stills + 360 stills - with the 3m invisible selfie.  Add in a Sony FF to provide close in cinematic bokeh video and pro level stills - and you have a nice footage selection.  Action2 + X3 + Sony FF all hot swapped with Rode wireless.  Action 2 + Sony FF with ND CPLs to cut reflections.

But if had to take only 1 - it would be X3 + Rode.  Due to the super wide angles + interactive 360s videos + perfectly clean audio in super harsh winds.

Action 4 - GP12 - X4 - not sure how much improved the user experience and end product can get.  Maybe if lucky a bit - but expect in actual day to day use reality - not much.  

2023-7-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 7-16 07:39
an awesome way to  copycat gopro how they fix camera issues by releasing new products. you buy a new car each time they come out with a new model?

Nope. But can't compare an expensive car to a cheap camera
2023-7-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 7-16 11:40
Always more interested in non-sponsored reviews like below - to more accurately represent device pros and cons.

Already the Action2 + X3 do everything well - with X3 capturing amazing drone-like extreme wide angle stills + 360 stills - with the 3m invisible selfie.  Add in a Sony FF to provide close in cinematic bokeh video and pro level stills - and you have a nice footage selection.  Action2 + X3 + Sony FF all hot swapped with Rode wireless.  Action 2 + Sony FF with ND CPLs to cut reflections.

GO 3 do looks really good since it now can be used as helmet cam.
X3 doesn't have good resolution when you use it for other than 360 video, and the 1 inch version is too expensive.
2023-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-16 13:17
Nope. But can't compare an expensive car to a cheap camera

in ways Yep but my opinion
2023-7-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 7-16 07:39

That's why people lease cars so they can drive the new model each year. This way they can stay relevant and important in their sad little lives.
2023-7-16
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 7-16 13:20
GO 3 do looks really good since it now can be used as helmet cam.
X3 doesn't have good resolution when you use it for other than 360 video, and the 1 inch version is too expensive.

As mentioned in the vid - if you output in prores - then compress with a good codec you can maximize the IQ.

Not as as good as the Action 2 - but perfectly acceptable for social media consumption.  Surprisingly - most viewers never talk about IQ.  Is always about the crazy drone super wide angle shots from near impossible angles.  360 is special as well.

Once you get over - it will never match IQ - it is all about the content.  Same applies from Action2 to Sony FF.  Nobody on SM really cares about perfect IQ - it is about the shot - the angle - the composition - the story.  Though bokeh does make a difference.  Clean audio as well.

In that way makes the X3 super special.  Also by pulling the Raw DNG files - you can actually extract really quite decent IQ stills.  So IQ not as important as some think.  No doubt can always use increased resolution - but most do not complain much at all - in the end analysis.

Surprised - as previously was so concerned with getting perfect highest IQ.  Now meh.  Content and story much more important to most.  PP geeks however different story.  PS - used to be a PP geek.  But now over it.  Haha!

Here is a sample of a standard shot pulled from the 5.7K 360 video file:

9CCDE686-C1E0-415D-8E91-2BC5267C2FB8.jpeg
2023-7-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

waiting for hte go4 which will be 4k
2023-7-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 7-16 20:05
As mentioned in the vid - if you output in prores - then compress with a good codec you can maximize the IQ.

Not as as good as the Action 2 - but perfectly acceptable for social media consumption.  Surprisingly - most viewers never talk about IQ.  Is always about the crazy drone super wide angle shots from near impossible angles.  360 is special as well.

Since almost all my videos are posted in 4K I need the quality, but it actually mostly for my own taste since about 40-50% watch videos on phones anyway. But those 10-20% that watch on big screen TV want the best resolution anyway.
And also 1080p on youtube gives the video the worst codec.

About GO3, it would like to test it one day, did really like it. Also had plans for some years to buy X2 and now X3, but I never need 360 cameras.
2023-7-17
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

RE: Osmo Action 4

johansenfoto Posted at 7-17 12:45
Since almost all my videos are posted in 4K I need the quality, but it actually mostly for my own taste since about 40-50% watch videos on phones anyway. But those 10-20% that watch on big screen TV want the best resolution anyway.
And also 1080p on youtube gives the video the worst codec.

Yeah if you specifically need 4K then you would have to switch to - the X3 single lens 4K mode.  We have not used that much because we have the Action2 set up for that with a ND CPL + Rode Wireless.  The X3 cannot use a ND CPL - so is best used to capture shots where the Action 2 simply cannot ever get.

If DJI implements the 100% invisible selfie stick in all shooting conditions - that will def help their cause and might incentivize Action3 and non X3 owners sufficient reason to upgrade.

Problem with the Go3 is no external mic input - so Rode Wireless cannot be used.  That alone is enough for us to immediately discard.  Sick and tired of really crap audio with a ton of wind noise.  As with todays best leading devices - near perfect audio should be always available via Rode or DJI Mic.

So as already noted - this plus a resolution bump - will likely not be sufficient reason to change anything that works perfectly as is.  Only thing that X3 needs is perfect invisible stitching.  Right now it is about at 90%.  Very good - but not perfect.  In that way can see only very incremental upgrades moving forward.  GP is def losing market share with shut downs - DJI lost some with close focus - Insta meanwhile has gained.

With the Sony FF + X3 + Action 2 - we pretty much always get the shot at the IQ resolution we want.  Even in near complete darkness.

2023-7-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

This is probably fake

Probably a fake image

Probably a fake image
2023-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

who to Believe, that is Real but not the photo
2023-7-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Specifications DJI Osmo Action 4:
-Sensor 1/1.3-inch
-FOV 155°
-lens f/2.8
-4k/60P video
-4k/120P slow motion
-Support 10-bit & D-Log M
-Waterproof to 18 metres
-Weight: 145g
2023-7-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

And the price.

F1aJPHMWcAERyvK.jpg
2023-7-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No official announcements on here?
2023-7-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 7-19 08:38
No official announcements on here?

No nothing yet
2023-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the Monkeys song   is singing  in me head

thank you for sharing,   the Internet knows more then DJI!  WOW  can I buy one now
2023-7-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re making me laugh you old cynic!
2023-7-19
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Arpettaz Posted at 7-22 11:45
I think 360 is a gimmick which is why I sold my 360 camera last year and will never buy another one. And unlike the DJI range of action cameras, the rendered video output from Insta360 products is still only 1080p.

Ok that makes total sense - if you do not like 360 - never buy one again.  

In the meanwhile this was taken today.  The footage is amazing in real time and Rode sound - simply over the top fantastic.  Could only dream the Action 2 could capture anything even a fraction close with no selfie stick visible.  Still is super fun shooting with this set-up.  Simply love it.  Point and frame later.

Anyways - stick to your guns and you do you.  Never buy another one.  Am with you on that one 100%.  Thx.
2023-7-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Soon we know

F13aJrHXsAMCllG.jpg
2023-7-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

How big sensor will it get?

Green = Gopro 11

Blue = Osmo Action 3
Red = Osmo Action 4

So it will doing great in low light if all rumors are true.

sensor sizes.jpg
2023-7-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

40cm close focus now

F1_YDI7WIAAhaIc.jpg
2023-7-26
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

September 2024
apsc 40mp 8k. & DJI mic ii
IMG_20230727_015413.jpg
IMG_20230727_020558.jpg
2023-7-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

lutzmix Posted at 7-26 15:56
September 2024

Hehe your image have been in in Photoshop
2023-7-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I love the part where it has a bigger sensor but a smaller photo size. And instead of 12MP or higher, it’s now 10! Yay!
2023-7-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Doesn't need a lot of MP for 4K
2023-7-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so a new DJI Mic is coming so happy I returned mine
2023-7-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 7-27 02:09
Doesn't need a lot of MP for 4K

Doesn’t need a lot of MP for 1080 either but there are still people around who like to take photos.
2023-7-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

lutzmix Posted at 7-26 15:56
September 2024

Wait, that lens must produce horrible light halos because the inside of it is smooth. My first set of filters were like that (without the ridges) and you simply could not take photos of anything with it towards any light source because of the horrible halo it produced.
2023-7-27
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 7-27 01:18
Hehe your image have been in in Photoshop

How can you tell? Maybe he uses Affinity or Pixelmator.
And maybe the next version will not even be Action 4. Maybe it will be closer to 3.1415927... :-) Osmo Action Pi!
2023-7-27
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Thanks for the news. It does not look like those fake news like the Pocket 3 announcements and picture comparison of a product that does not exist yet... (many YT channels with "Tech" in their names).
From the specs, same FOV, etc, but larger sensor, maybe it will not use the entire sensor but will provide full horizon steady in 4K (not just balancing). A minor incremental improvement...
2023-7-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Lost business on DJIs Part but smart  not to advertise. Action 3 will stop selling, it is already and people will hold off for hte A4. well sucks when a company got no BALLS, but ACDC can sing it  and DJI can  you know what

No Pun intended grow some balls and get Real DJI
2023-7-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 7-27 03:49
How can you tell? Maybe he uses Affinity or Pixelmator.
And maybe the next version will not even be Action 4. Maybe it will be closer to 3.1415927... :-) Osmo Action Pi!

I mentioned PS since most people doesn't understand anything else
2023-7-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 7-27 04:33
Lost business on DJIs Part but smart  not to advertise. Action 3 will stop selling, it is already and people will hold off for hte A4. well sucks when a company got no BALLS, but ACDC can sing it  and DJI can  you know what

No Pun intended grow some balls and get Real DJI

You are sucks a hater Fish
2023-7-27
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules