Osmo Action 4
9024 170 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

with the tactics its going to be Mid September I say as bloggers  have all the answers they told ya by this Tuseday
2023-7-30
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-15 23:25
I'm still on the Action2.  This might be a case for leap-frogging the Action 3 and getting the 4 instead.  Or maybe not.

I'm on A2 and got the 3 due to not wanting to pay for an over expensive Gopro brick. They just seem to be getting bigger, heavier and more expensive every release month. The A2 has been really good using manual settings and ND filters. The A3 is taking some getting used to, but getting there with ND filters. managed to bag a refurb unit from DJI and it looks brand new. Really nice image quality and fine for FPV use. Also lighter than the GP11. Happy so far.
2023-7-30
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

10-Bit Posted at 7-23 00:58
Ok that makes total sense - if you do not like 360 - never buy one again.  

In the meanwhile this was taken today.  The footage is amazing in real time and Rode sound - simply over the top fantastic.  Could only dream the Action 2 could capture anything even a fraction close with no selfie stick visible.  Still is super fun shooting with this set-up.  Simply love it.  Point and frame later.

Agreed. The 360 is a cracking camera and provides some truly amazing footage and shots. A few of my FPV guys use them and the footage that's possible is mind blowing. Who cares what the GoPro sheep say and think. Have of them can't tell the difference between camera and image quality anyways. hell, I posted a flight video direct from the 03 Air Unit and someone asked what my GP settings were....God, was he bummed when I said it was out the 03 unit
2023-7-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyFPV Posted at 7-30 02:49
I'm on A2 and got the 3 due to not wanting to pay for an over expensive Gopro brick. They just seem to be getting bigger, heavier and more expensive every release month. The A2 has been really good using manual settings and ND filters. The A3 is taking some getting used to, but getting there with ND filters. managed to bag a refurb unit from DJI and it looks brand new. Really nice image quality and fine for FPV use. Also lighter than the GP11. Happy so far.

I've never gone the GoPro route at all. so cannot compare. But I've been reasonably happy with my Pocket 2 and Action2.
2023-7-30
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 7-30 02:16
basic camera till matured

Yep 100% correct
2023-7-30
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

CoreyFPV Posted at 7-30 02:49
I'm on A2 and got the 3 due to not wanting to pay for an over expensive Gopro brick. They just seem to be getting bigger, heavier and more expensive every release month. The A2 has been really good using manual settings and ND filters. The A3 is taking some getting used to, but getting there with ND filters. managed to bag a refurb unit from DJI and it looks brand new. Really nice image quality and fine for FPV use. Also lighter than the GP11. Happy so far.

Yep Action 2 on manual + ND CPL is a decent little unit
Really like ours - its very small form factor can be very useful for 4K60
But because we use the Rode Wireless Mics - need the battery pack
Overall nothing much to complain out with that cam
2023-7-30
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

CoreyFPV Posted at 7-30 02:53
Agreed. The 360 is a cracking camera and provides some truly amazing footage and shots. A few of my FPV guys use them and the footage that's possible is mind blowing. Who cares what the GoPro sheep say and think. Have of them can't tell the difference between camera and image quality anyways. hell, I posted a flight video direct from the 03 Air Unit and someone asked what my GP settings were....God, was he bummed when I said it was out the 03 unit

Yep 100% agree
2023-7-30
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

2.August offiziell Action 4
2023-7-31
Use props
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

Official. Action 4 is announced. 358135226_607376258173212_6823956519487297223_n.jpg

2023-7-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

And still they won't send me one for trying out/review, since I'm not a paid reviewer
2023-7-31
Use props
actionxander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150505 ft
United States

Looks like we're getting the official unveiling August 2nd. I was just in the middle of making a "One Year Later" video about my Action 3
2023-7-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you  all we are asking for

@johens..  a good reason why we do not get, is  a post like this being very informative DJI wants S I L I E NC E,
2023-7-31
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Very smart for DJI to get well ahead of GoPro this go around
Plus drop the Action 3 - 30cm focus like a very hot potato

Many other product manufacturers have done exactly the same
When a problem model comes out - move on to the next - asap

DJI knows exactly how much retail sales were affected down to the $
VS exactly how much was spent on all the profit loss "warranty returns"
All comes down to profit or loss - plus brand recognition rating etc

Would guess that DJI spent just a little bit more time getting focus right
But do remember all the stupid fanboy trolls defending plain bad focus
Idiots to the max all
2023-7-31
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 7-23 00:58
Ok that makes total sense - if you do not like 360 - never buy one again.  

In the meanwhile this was taken today.  The footage is amazing in real time and Rode sound - simply over the top fantastic.  Could only dream the Action 2 could capture anything even a fraction close with no selfie stick visible.  Still is super fun shooting with this set-up.  Simply love it.  Point and frame later.

That footage is not amazing, most of it is skewed blurred in many parts and you’re wrong you can capture this footage with almost any camera and without the skewed warped effect. It may take more shots but if you want really amazing footage then taking the time to shoot it is the professional approach. All you have are unusual angles that look a lot different than conventional cameras and maybe can be used limited in some special effects, but thats about it, more people will actually feel sick if the have to continually watch 360 footage .

I sometimes wonder if you’re just trolling here. You continuously have spent your time here knocking dji cameras particularly A3 and at the same time trying to force another camera manufacturers product down users throats. Nobody is really that interested in insta 360 here, probably the reason the purchased a dji camera. Your post is totally off topic which is also breaking forum rules. Now might be time to get back on track discussing dji camera or go to insta 360 forum for all the self gratification you seem to need.
2023-7-31
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Ah the stupid pea brain fanboy troll arises out of his lonely cave again
Wash your hands and cut your dirty fingernails idiot
Bahahaha!!!
2023-7-31
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the 360 and other current choices are valid here. Especially the Instas because of the pricing, but now, if the Action 4 gets closer to GoPro prices, then it’s probably more valid to compare it with Hero 11 or even 12 when it hits. (Which is very soon too) It looks like there will be a jump in price. I hope it's not just what the 3 should have been in the first place.

From rumours .... if it has a larger sensor then depth of field will be a bit more limited and yet they still claim a closer focus with an F2.5 lens and not f2.8. Still think I'm going to wait on this one.

It's quite funny burying the new camera in sand! Has it got something to hide?

2023-7-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

With a bigger sensor, DOF will be more limited indeed. 40cm to almost infinity is not that bad, not a selfie/vlog camera.
Insta360 One R 1-inch sensor have 90cm as closest focus.
2023-7-31
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skiers need long poles then eh?
2023-7-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Or just use it as a helmet camera. But most skiiers have probably the long selfie stick 120cm or something
2023-7-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It seems to be coming very soon.
2023-7-31
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 7-31 10:52
Ah the stupid pea brain fanboy troll arises out of his lonely cave again
Wash your hands and cut your dirty fingernails idiot
Bahahaha!!!

Remember you posted you filthy cameras right on this forum so I see where you get the filthy nails from. Calling people names because they don’t agree with you shows more on you than them. Note not a single person is raving at all the ridiculous shots from your gimmick 360 camera “wonder why”
2023-7-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Believe the Osmo Action was dropped in the Sans, so they continue the Trend,. guess its a way of saying its a hot camera, would snow been better, or water? think the Sand is a Nice touch
2023-7-31
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

You are such a troll

Another forum member called out your dirty fingernails idiot - after you insulted them
Bahahahaha!!!

2023-7-31
Use props
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

I think that they do not have plans to launch OA4, few monts ago, but troubles with OA3 was factor to launch "new" camera. It is, probbably the same hardware, just a little touches of improvements (like GoPro). This is not bad, because, all the accesories from OA3 will be compatible.

I was thinking, few monts ago to buy AO3, but I eventualy switched to GoPro Hero 11, because of focus issues on OA3, and facth that, in Serbia you couldn't buy OA3, because no one shop donesn't have them.
2023-7-31
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

CoreyFPV Posted at 7-30 02:53

The differences between O3 and GoPro are well visible.
I own both system so I know what I'm speaking about. I'm not a sheep, but I have eyes to see.
GoPro has mode DR and if cannot see it... there something wrong. And 8:7 is a really cool option if you use it on a FPV drone. No worry about cropping on Gyroflow.
I'm not saying O3 quality is crap. it is good enough for social media and you can get cool footages. If you don't compare them with GoPro footages of course.
Someone asked me for the settings of my camera looking at my photos taken with iPhone. But that's not why I'm saying that an iPhone is better than a Sony Alpha camera. The differences for me are abysmal.
2023-7-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I can't wait to try it out in low light later this autumn

bilde1.jpg
bilde2.jpg
2023-8-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Luca Rubino Posted at 7-31 23:29
The differences between O3 and GoPro are well visible.
I own both system so I know what I'm speaking about. I'm not a sheep, but I have eyes to see.
GoPro has mode DR and if cannot see it... there something wrong. And 8:7 is a really cool option if you use it on a FPV drone. No worry about cropping on Gyroflow.

OA3 can also shoot in 4:3 ratio to be able for crop in post.
2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I hope with gyrodata in the videofile - similar to Action 2
2023-8-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 7-31 19:51
You are such a troll

Another forum member called out your dirty fingernails idiot - after you insulted them

It must hurt really bad that no one is really interested in you ramblings about a camera that has ne bearing here on this forum. Maybe try insta 360 forum . The fact you don't even own an A3 shows you are the troll around here.
85FE41E6-1991-433E-A986-A24D91F0E0CC.jpeg I think the dirt on these two babies shows clearly who has dirty hands and nails
2023-8-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 8-1 01:05
I can't wait to try it out in low light later this autumn

Funny that the rumours mentioned an f2.5 lens. Not a lot of difference, but where do the rumours come from…… or are these people just guessing?
2023-8-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-1 02:30
Funny that the rumours mentioned an f2.5 lens. Not a lot of difference, but where do the rumours come from…… or are these people just guessing?

Rumors/leaks I posted are probably from a person that got one for trying, so the lens says f/2.8 in all images that I have seen.
Yeah no big difference from f/2.5-f/2.8
F2If65AXQAArlof.jpg
2023-8-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh ok. I think I must have just read it somewhere then. This is a great opportunity for dji to kick sand and clean up. I really hope they pull this one off. It could make it a great year for Action cams.
2023-8-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

And all specs on both cameras are the same (OA3 vs OA4) only difference is the sensor. And also some new things in firmware/menu.

2023-8-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Sensor to lens tossed the ole one out and parameters fixed WHAOO!
2023-8-1
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

The troll trying to derail another thread - but fails miserably.
Bahahahaha!!!

2023-8-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 8-1 03:10
Sensor to lens tossed the ole one out and parameters fixed WHAOO!

Changed lens? I hope it hasn't been electronically manipulated. A better lens would be nice.
2023-8-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Some more

F2b1xnqXQAE76Vg.jpg
F2b2CEPXkAAjrgn.jpg
F2b2Ky2WUAEav8E.jpg
F2b2Q4zWkAEIkfJ.jpg
F2bxibIXIAAx6jM.jpg
F2bxnTSXsAAJhBe.jpg
F2bxVG-WkAA_6EN.jpg
2023-8-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

WOW 25 hour long lasting charging  did I not see a "Period" M. I. A.
2023-8-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-1 03:32
Changed lens? I hope it hasn't been electronically manipulated. A better lens would be nice.

By the sound of this it is all Software added.  but if they optioned a new sensor, who knows.  24 hours later we will hear it all
2023-8-1
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 8-1 05:02
WOW 25 hour long lasting charging  did I not see a "Period" M. I. A.

It will be nice if we can also use our Action 3 batteries.

Just one day to go!
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules