RSC2 with Raveneye and BMPCC 4K
532 5 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

I don't use my gear as much as I would like too and I know my gear is dated but today I finally got my Raveneye to work with my cheap android phone and thought maybe someone esle needed help figuring this out. I tried installing the DJI Ronin app on my tablet and it worked except for the Force Mobile function. Both android devices did not give me an option to update the firmware. I asked my girlfriend if I could install the app on her phone (Samsung Galaxy S22) and when I did, there it was! In the top right corner of the DJI Ronin app, the option to UPDATE THE FIRMWARE for the Raveneye. So I updated it and now all my devices work with the Raveneye with no issues...

I just watched a video on youtube and apparantly Ipads and Iphones will give you the Raveneye UPDATE option.

Rig:

BMPCC 4K
18-35mm Sigma ART lens
Viltrox EF-M2 II Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera Mount Adapter (Speedbooster)
ND Filter
DJI RSC2
Raveneye
Smallrig Counterweights (not compatible with the RSC2 apparantly but it works for me!)
SP CFAST 2.0
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G (only worked after the raveneye firmware update)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite (force mobile did not work but it does now after the raveneye firmware update) BTW this tablet is a very inexpensive alternative to other tabs that will work with your DJI Mini 2 Drone.

Everything works like a charm!

EDIT: I pulled the gimbal and raveneye out after not using it for a month and now i am BACK TO NOT HAVING THE RAVENEYE WORK!!!

I sent the Raveneye in for repairs and they said they are going to "Swap" the unit. I don't know how much this will cost!

361290618_5925229744250047_3688589437529015356_n.jpg
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Nik. Thank you for sharing your resolution. This will surely help other users whose having the same issue. Have a great day!
2023-7-16
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-16 05:51
Hi, Nik. Thank you for sharing your resolution. This will surely help other users whose having the same issue. Have a great day!

You are welcome!
2023-7-16
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

Great...I pull out my RSC2 and tried hooking up the Raveneye again doing exactly what i tried before and STILL the Raveneye will not work. I tried 2 different phones and a tablet and it seems the tablet has some control in the raveneye but i am not getting a picture.
2023-8-14
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

This is getting ridgoddamdiculous...Why is the raveneye asking me to turn off bluetooth when you need bluetooth for my gimbal. then when i do turn off bluetooth nothing happens and  i get asked to turn on bluetooth when i try to use my raveneye...effing ponderous. My head is aching from all of this malfunctioning that was never my fault to begin with.
2023-8-14
Use props
Nik In The Mud
lvl.3
United States

I sent the Raveneye in for repairs today. Let's hope they send me back one that works.
2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules