only getting 12mins battery life on my phantom vision plus
1303 1 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rory
New

Australia

i recently just purchased a phanto 2 vision plus (V3) absolutely love it, but i am only getting 12 mins maximum from my battery life, even when i first plug the battery into my phantom it only coes up with 12mins on the display.... can anyone relate to this, or maybe give me any ideas on what could be causing.
thanks in advance!!!!! =)

2014-12-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firstly, DJI exaggerates the claimed flight times by almost double. No one I know ever gets more than 15 minutes, and 12-14 minutes is more normal when actually using the Phantom to film.

If you live in an area where it is fairly cold, this could be shortening the time also.

Lastly, it may be that the new motors, esc's and props slightly shorten the flight times - as they are all capable of more lift and payload, so it makes sense they use a bit more energy.

If you have prop guards or other extra weight that will slightly shorten flights.

I'd say to try it on a warm day....and try it with another battery if you have one. Do this as an experiment. Take off and switch to ATTI and keep it hovering 10-20 feet above the ground without moving it too much (just enough to keep it from drifting too far). On a day over 50 degrees F, this should give you at least 18 minutes of flight time before the machine automatically starts landing.

Also, you can adjust the low battery warning parameters - but be careful. Always have the quad somewhere near the ground or over a soft surface when you get to about 20% on the battery.
2014-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules