1556 13 2023-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alitz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89925 ft
United States

Hello fellow pilots!

I have been a happy mini 3 pro pilot since 2 days ago until I found that my DJI RC with screen stopped to play certain audio. There is no voice assistance sound and no sound when I interact with UI, play the video in the Academy, or play edited video from the Album. However, the beeping still works. How weird, since the beep comes out from the same speaker.

I have double-confirmed that the remote is on the latest firmware, my volume setting is non-zero and the mute button is not activated. I have also tried factory resetting the RC and still no luck. Searching through the forum, I found that there are lots of incidents with similar issues, and most pilots ended up sending in the RC for a replacement:
  • https://forum.dji.com/thread-283618-1-1.html
  • https://forum.dji.com/thread-288044-1-1.html
  • https://forum.dji.com/thread-267307-1-1.html

The good news is, just before I was about to contact support for a replacement, after tinkering for an hour, I figured out a fix for the issue. Sharing the mitigation steps with fellow pilots:
  • activate the mute button
  • power-off the RC
  • power-on the RC
  • deactivate the mute button, you should notice that the volume is not restored to its previous value and is now at 0%
  • set volume to 50%
  • play a video from the academy
  • the video should have sound after a few seconds. Feel free to set the volume to any value now

The aforementioned steps helped me get back the sound of the RC (twice!). IMO this looks like a bug in the firmware and I could not recall how I hit it.
Hope this trick also works for you!

2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alitz. Thank you for sharing your resolution. This sure will help other users whose having the same issue. Have a safe flight always!
2023-7-16
Use props
Mike Roop
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-16 00:24
Hi, Alitz. Thank you for sharing your resolution. This sure will help other users whose having the same issue. Have a safe flight always!

I use this to make my sound work again but after I done the next update the sound went away again and this process has not been able to restore it.  Is DJI looking into a fix for this or are they still saying to send the controller in?
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mike Roop Posted at 10-27 14:57
I use this to make my sound work again but after I done the next update the sound went away again and this process has not been able to restore it.  Is DJI looking into a fix for this or are they still saying to send the controller in?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience and late notice. May I confirm if you're still experiencing the same problem? Please know that we're always here to help.
2023-12-7
Use props
Alitz
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I hit the issue after the recent firmware update and the same mitigation was not able to restore the media sound. Please help
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Alitz Posted at 12-21 13:55
Yes, I hit the issue after the recent firmware update and the same mitigation was not able to restore the media sound. Please help

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Considering the issue has persisted for a long time, we recommend you send it back for inspection and repair. Here is the link to submit an online repair request: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_homepage
2023-12-21
Use props
Alitz
lvl.1
Canada

Sounds good. This is a video recording of the controller I sent in. It proves the issue: https://youtu.be/SWIwapqzrKQ
The issue seems to happen intermittently. Really hope the support team won’t just send it back to me because they cannot repro the issue
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alitz Posted at 12-23 20:32
Sounds good. This is a video recording of the controller I sent in. It proofs the issue: https://youtu.be/SWIwapqzrKQ
The issue seems to happen intermittently. Really hope the support team won’t just send it back to me because they cannot repro the issue

Thanks for responding. Please follow our recommendations below to possibly fix the problem:

> Try restarting the remote and aircraft
> Factory reset the remote controller but save important files first to prevent loss of data.
> Refresh/Update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
> If the problem persists, you may consider sending the DJI RC back via this link.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2023-12-24
Use props
SanchesRaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

I have this problem, the take off alert sound also stopped working, only the sensor sounds, the focus sound, is there any solution for this year 2024?
4-5 19:07
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SanchesRaul Posted at 4-5 19:07
I have this problem, the take off alert sound also stopped working, only the sensor sounds, the focus sound, is there any solution for this year 2024?

Hello. You can follow these steps:
1. Please confirm that has not muted the RC and if the customer turns up the volume bar;

2. Try restarting the RC and aircraft and test again
3. Try to resetting the factory settings
4. Try to use the DA2 software to refresh the RC firmware and test again
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
4-5 19:18
Use props
SanchesRaul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364577 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 4-5 19:18
Hello. You can follow these steps:
1. Please confirm that has not muted the RC and if the customer turns up the volume bar;
[view_image]

everything is properly updated the problem persists bind the drone to a smart rc everything ok working all the focus noise take off please check on the map
I went back to the DJI RC, the problem persists, the sound is at maximum, I don't have warning or focus sounds, nothing, only the sound when it turns on makes a noise and when I press the photo and video modes c1, c2
4-6 20:25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SanchesRaul Posted at 4-6 20:25
everything is properly updated the problem persists bind the drone to a smart rc everything ok working all the focus noise take off please check on the map
I went back to the DJI RC, the problem persists, the sound is at maximum, I don't have warning or focus sounds, nothing, only the sound when it turns on makes a noise and when I press the photo and video modes c1, c2

Hello. We're very sorry to hear that. You could complete the online repair request on our official website and return it for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index
4-6 22:09
Use props
BrianWilson71
New
Flight distance : 327133 ft
United Kingdom

I have DJI Mini 3 Pro and after updating to latest firmware today, sound stopped working. For example “The home point has been updated”. No obstacle detection sounds either. There are some beeps however. I tried all the steps you suggested above a few times but that did not help. I also tried resetting the RC to factory settings. This also did not fix the issue. Any other suggestions? Thanks
4-21 05:06
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BrianWilson71 Posted at 4-21 05:06
I have DJI Mini 3 Pro and after updating to latest firmware today, sound stopped working. For example “The home point has been updated”. No obstacle detection sounds either. There are some beeps however. I tried all the steps you suggested above a few times but that did not help. I also tried resetting the RC to factory settings. This also did not fix the issue. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Hi there, may I ask if the current firmware version is  v01.00.0700(Aircraft) and v01.03.0500 (DJI RC)? Please make sure the volum is set to the lagest and record a video for our further confirmation.
4-21 23:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules