Connecting Mimo to Pocket 2 disconnects wireless mic
1276 13 2023-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul.V
lvl.1

United States

I have the Creator Combo, and have been using the wireless mic without any problems. I've been doing everything using the screen of the Pocket 2. I now want to use the Mimo app for its larger screen, and to operate the camera remotely.

I open the Mimo app, it finds the Pocket 2 device and shows me a blue 'Connect' button. As soon as I hit that button, the mic disconnects.

On the screen of the Pocket 2 it says 'Mic disconnected', and then the message appears on the Mimo app 'DJI Mimo Wants to Join Wi-fi Network DJIPocket-...'  If I join, then the Mimo app connects fine, and I can now control the camera/settings as needed.

However the screen of the Pocket 2 is now off, so I cannot use that to reconnect to the mic. But I cannot find anywhere in the Mimo app interface to reconnect to the mic either.
At this point, the LED on the mic is slowly flashing green, and pressing the button to pair with the camera does not restore the connection either.

I've made sure I have the latest version of Mimo, I've reset the Pocket 2, but nothing seems to let me connect the mic while Mimo is in use.

Help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

What permissions/connections/properties have you enabled on your mobile device? (Is it an Android or an iOS device? A phone or a tablet?) You may need to have wifi, GPS and Bluetooth on to establish the connection properly. Also, have you checked your freqency setting in the app?
2023-7-17
Use props
paul.V
lvl.1

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 08:47
What permissions/connections/properties have you enabled on your mobile device? (Is it an Android or an iOS device? A phone or a tablet?) You may need to have wifi, GPS and Bluetooth on to establish the connection properly. Also, have you checked your freqency setting in the app?

It's an iPhone running IOS 16.4.1. and DJI Mimo version 1.9.0
Yes, Wi-fi Bluetooth and GPS are all switched on, and location services are enabled for the Mimo app.

I can't find the frequency settings anywhere in the Mimo app. After I join the network and connect to the Pocket 2, all I can see in the Wi-Fi Settings is the Wi-Fi SSID and password.

2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

paul.V Posted at 7-17 14:15
It's an iPhone running IOS 16.4.1. and DJI Mimo version 1.9.0
Yes, Wi-fi Bluetooth and GPS are all switched on, and location services are enabled for the Mimo app.

I apologize for not being familiar with the iOS, I use the Android version of the Mimo app. When people have had trouble finding the frequency setting on Android, one of the solutions has been to first remove the current version, then look for an earlier version of the app, install that, then look for the frequency setting there, and after having changed that to the appropriate setting and restarting the app (for the changes to take effect), update the app to a later version. Not sure if the Apple ecosystem has a similar possibility for temporary downgrading.

The thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229629 shows where the frequency setting should be found, is it that you can't see it there?

Apologies for my limited knowledge, I hope this helps and if not, then I hope somebody with a better knowledge of the iOS version of Mimo comes along here and can give you better advice.

Possibly some representative at DJI could give a helping hand here?
2023-7-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 14:48
I apologize for not being familiar with the iOS, I use the Android version of the Mimo app. When people have had trouble finding the frequency setting on Android, one of the solutions has been to first remove the current version, then look for an earlier version of the app, install that, then look for the frequency setting there, and after having changed that to the appropriate setting and restarting the app (for the changes to take effect), update the app to a later version. Not sure if the Apple ecosystem has a similar possibility for temporary downgrading.

The thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229629 shows where the frequency setting should be found, is it that you can't see it there?

Also, in the same thread, there is a link to my threads that are about compatibility of different phones and tips for possible troubleshooting with connection and app errors. Could something from the troubleshooting list possibly help?
2023-7-17
Use props
paul.V
lvl.1

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 7-17 14:50
Also, in the same thread, there is a link to my threads that are about compatibility of different phones and tips for possible troubleshooting with connection and app errors. Could something from the troubleshooting list possibly help?
Thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful, and gives me some ideas to start searching for.

Yes, hopefully someone from DJI might offer some advice.
IMG_0625.png
IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, paul.V. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm your current location? Thank you.
2023-7-18
Use props
paul.V
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-18 07:31
Hi, paul.V. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm your current location? Thank you.

Hi Gamora,
I'm currently in Japan.
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paul.V Posted at 7-18 08:35
Hi Gamora,
I'm currently in Japan.

Hi, paul.V. Thank you for the reply. The DJI Pocket 2 can be connected to a wireless microphone and DJI Mimo app when using the Do-It-All Handle.
Except under the following two conditions:
1. When a 5 GHz Wi-Fi band is not supported in the country or region where the customer is located.
2. The Do-It-All Handle Wi-Fi band has been set to 2.4 GHz in the DJI Mimo app. (Related settings are as shown in the figure).

Currently, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is not supported in Japan, Kazakhstan, and Israel.
2023-7-18
Use props
paul.V
lvl.1

Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-18 22:21
Hi, paul.V. Thank you for the reply. The DJI Pocket 2 can be connected to a wireless microphone and DJI Mimo app when using the Do-It-All Handle.
Except under the following two conditions:
1. When a 5 GHz Wi-Fi band is not supported in the country or region where the customer is located.

Thanks for your reply.  
There are a few things I don’t understand, so I don't know what to do…could you please explain:

1. Do you mean that both conditions (1 AND 2) must be true, or just one condition (1 OR 2) must be true?

2. Your reply says “Wi-Fi band has been set to 2.4 GHz in the DJI Mimo app (related settings are as shown in the figure)”, but there is no figure shown in your reply to look at. My Mimo app does not seem to have any option to change the frequency/wi-fi band.

3. As Japan doesn’t use 5.8 GHz, does this mean my handle is automatically set at 2.4 GHz? And when I travel to other countries that support 5.8 GHz, will I therefore be able to access the mic and Mimo functions there? And then, how do I change the settings from 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz, or will that happen automatically?

I hope you can answer these questions.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paul.V Posted at 7-19 05:22
Thanks for your reply.  
There are a few things I don’t understand, so I don't know what to do…could you please explain:

Hi, paul.V. Either of the two will cause the issue. In your case, it will be the first one since Japan doesn't support a 5.8 GHz frequency band. iOS devices use adaptive frequency bands, you will not see the settings on the Mimo App thus should be changed automatically depending on your location. Hope this clarifies everything. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-7-22
Use props
paul.V
lvl.1

Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-22 03:21
Hi, paul.V. Either of the two will cause the issue. In your case, it will be the first one since Japan doesn't support a 5.8 GHz frequency band. iOS devices use adaptive frequency bands, you will not see the settings on the Mimo App thus should be changed automatically depending on your location. Hope this clarifies everything. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you, Gamora :-)
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paul.V Posted at 7-22 03:28
Thank you, Gamora :-)

You're most welcome, paul.V. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Safe travels!
2023-7-24
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-22 03:21
Hi, paul.V. Either of the two will cause the issue. In your case, it will be the first one since Japan doesn't support a 5.8 GHz frequency band. iOS devices use adaptive frequency bands, you will not see the settings on the Mimo App thus should be changed automatically depending on your location. Hope this clarifies everything. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Good to know this now as I’m planning a trip to Japan. So just to confirm, my wireless mic will work in Japan with my Pocket 2 but not when I use the Mimo app when controlling the P2. Also, since this is because of the WiFi frequency used there should not be a problem if I'm using a combination of extension rod, P2 and wireless mic with the phone connected to P2 via a usb-c/lightning cable?
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules