DJI Mini SE slow sd card warning
1273 9 2023-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkCygnus
lvl.1

Peru

Hi, recently i've been having this problem with my DJI Mini SE. First, I started flying it again after 4-5 months. Currently I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB Micro SDHC/Micro SDXC UHS-I, and I could record for like 2 minutes at 2.7k - 24fps with it, I don't know if I could record more but I stopped it cause the battery was going low, there were no signs of malfunctioning or anything, then I tried again and I could record at 2.7k - 30fps and again everything was fine and I was surprised cause this SD is supposed to record just at 1080p.

A week later, I tried to do some recordings again and I couldn't record anything because of that SD too slow warning. I tried 2.7k, 30fps and it stopped right after 5 seconds, tried with 2.7k, 24fps same. Then I lowered to 1080p,60fps, 1080p,30fps and 1080p,24fps and the problem was still there. I tried to record indoors without flying it and the same problem appears.

I don't know if something happened to the SD Card and so I was looking for some answers here and I found that I should try reinstalling the DJI Fly app. So I did it yesterday, i tried again without flying it, it recorded like 1 minute at 1080p,30fps but i stopped it, and tried again and the SD too slow warning appeared after 5 seconds.

I haven't tried updating the firmware again cause it seems like i can't past through that battery firmware update, everytime i try to update that firmware it keeps getting stuck at 70%, again I was looking for answers and they said i should reinstall the DJI Fly app again, but nothing happens after that. And I don't know what else to do T-T
2023-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Isn't U1 a bit slow, also I'd suspect a 16G card is a getting a bit small for some of the settings you list. I shoot at 1080 because my laptop struggles with anything more but from memory 2.7 creates some big files.
2023-7-17
Use props
DarkCygnus
lvl.1

Peru

I know it's a bit slow, but how come i was able to record at that resolution in the first place for like 2minutes+?. Anyway that's why i dropped the resolution to 1080p,24fps but the warning kept popping off.

2023-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No idea sorry, have you checked the card for size and authenticity e.g. with h2testw and actual speed tests?
2023-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Ultra or Extreme and more important original, fakes does not work
2023-7-17
Use props
DarkCygnus
lvl.1

Peru

Uhmmm I'm starting to believe this one is fake because it's taking so long(?) or maybe it's because of the interface i'm using to read the information of the SD card

Nevermind, it seems like it's fine?
2.jpg
2023-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hstestw is very slow, it takes about 3 hours for me with a 128 U3? card.
That said your write speed looks very low, I think my 32G cards are U1 and write was 14.9MBytes/s my read was slower then your at 17.8MBytes/s
2023-7-17
Use props
DarkCygnus
lvl.1

Peru

Well, I guess I should try with another microSD card. I was about to upgrade that anyway, cause it has like 10 years old or something, it's just that when I used it days ago I thought it was fine. Also I saw other member saying that they changed it to a new one but the problem didn't get solve.
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out. Generally, this appears due to a slow SD card. Upon checking, the SD card you have is not on the list of recommended SD cards. If the original high-speed SD card is used, please reformat the SD card and try again. If the issue persists, please change to another SD card. Visit https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-se/specs for the full details.
2023-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DarkCygnus Posted at 7-17 15:56
Well, I guess I should try with another microSD card. I was about to upgrade that anyway, cause it has like 10 years old or something, it's just that when I used it days ago I thought it was fine. Also I saw other member saying that they changed it to a new one but the problem didn't get solve.

Your drone is telling you that the card is too slow.
Believe it.
Sandisk Ultra are their slowest cards and they are too slow.
Get something faster.
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules