13020 60 2023-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_T8zL6lDjA6Mz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3930 ft

United States

IW9HIM Posted at 11-30 03:35
hi, I don't think the RID has the ability to be configured, but it will automatically transmit the drone ID.
You can do two tests: while the drone is in flight, scan it with a smartphone and check if it transmits a wifi signal with its ID, or install the Drone Scanner app from the play store and see if it is identified.
I have done these tests, but I am in Italy and most likely the drone does not transmit any ID as the European RID will be different.

Neither Wi-Fi or Bluetooth showing a signal. Clearly the update has no effect.
2023-11-30
Use props
IW9HIM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3558671 ft
Italy

djiuser_T8zL6lDjA6Mz Posted at 11-29 18:58
Same with my Mavic 2 pro  drone. No RID, just controller and camera s/n info. Everything else is up to date. Is there some other steps to set this up?

hi, when the drone is in flight it should automatically transmit identification information, if you scan the wifi networks with a smartphone you should see a "RID-Serialnumber" network
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_T8zL6lDjA6Mz
lvl.1

United States

IW9HIM Posted at 12-2 01:18
hi, when the drone is in flight it should automatically transmit identification information, if you scan the wifi networks with a smartphone you should see a "RID-Serialnumber" network

I have installed the firmware and even refreshed it for both my Mavic 2 Pro and remote to the most recent versions. No Wi-Fi is broadcast nor does the app
I installed pick up a Bluetooth signal. No indication in the Go 4 app of a remote ID either. Has anyone gotten this to work on a Mavic 2 Pro?
2023-12-2
Use props
NoblerZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776772 ft
United States

Same with my Mavic 2 pro  drone. No RID, just controller and camera s/n info. Everything else is up to date. Is there some other steps to set this up?

Idk if you figured it out but you must takeoff with good gps signal on the mobile device you're using on the remote.  I was standing under a metal roof..  It should populate while you're flying.  I was able to verify with the drone scanner app.  All's good
2023-12-3
Use props
Gabriel Rogers
New

United States

I am also hoping this gets resolved.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_T8zL6lDjA6Mz
lvl.1

United States

Gabriel Rogers Posted at 12-5 10:47
I am also hoping this gets resolved.

The answer for me was getting a strong GPS signal. RID was shown in the app and came up in WIFi. All is good!
2023-12-5
Use props
orstateparks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332218 ft
United States

Yes, once I was outside and had good enough GPS for my home point to be updated, the RID SN showed up in the about section. After launching to a hover, I was able to use the Drone Scanner app on my android phone to 'see' my Mavic 2 Pro broadcasting.

Hey DJI, when will the Mavic 2 Pro get its FAA Declaration of Compliance so we're flying legally?

2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

orstateparks Posted at 12-11 13:39
Yes, once I was outside and had good enough GPS for my home point to be updated, the RID SN showed up in the about section. After launching to a hover, I was able to use the Drone Scanner app on my android phone to 'see' my Mavic 2 Pro broadcasting.

Hey DJI, when will the Mavic 2 Pro get its FAA Declaration of Compliance so we're flying legally?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may find the Declaration of Compliance of the DJI Mavic 2 series under this link https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs . Please search "Mavic 2" under the search bar and you'll find the documents you need. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-13
Use props
antonello
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6893 ft
Italy

I own a Mavic2 Pro that I use a lot for work in Italy. Will you be able to develop a firmware update for European remote ID, or do I have to purchase an external module?
2023-12-21
Use props
Andrew W. Thomas - Collision Analyti
New

United States

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with DJI customer service... for Mavic 2 Pro's the number you need to provide to the FAA is the following:

1581F (your 14 digit flight controller number) 0

Remember the zero at the end.

They were unable to tell me if there was a way that I could tell through the app if the broadcast module was working properly.  They suggested scanning for it on a nearby mobile device's available wifi but no luck there.
2023-12-22
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Andrew W. Thomas - Collision Analyti Posted at 12-22 12:34
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with DJI customer service... for Mavic 2 Pro's the number you need to provide to the FAA is the following:

In Go4, tap the three dots in the upper right corner; go down to About and you'll see it there. You have to have GPS; won't work in the house.
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Andrew W. Thomas - Collision Analyti Posted at 12-22 12:34
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with DJI customer service... for Mavic 2 Pro's the number you need to provide to the FAA is the following:

Hi, Andrew. It will show up on your WiFi list once you start the motors. Also please make sure you have a good GPS connection. It will show "Takeoff permitted and "Remote ID functionality normal" if it's working and "Remote ID error" if not. Have a nice day.
2023-12-22
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro is not supported for remote ID functionality. I will have to buy a broadcast module.
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

G37 Mavic Pro Posted at 12-24 20:50
My Mavic Pro is not supported for remote ID functionality. I will have to buy a broadcast module.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. You do not need to take any action until March 16, 2024. On and after that date, if you continue to use the drone, you will have to comply with the rule in either of the two ways described below.

Operate a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module giving the drone's identification, location, and take-off information. A broadcast module is a device that can be attached to a drone, or a feature (such as a software upgrade) integrated with the drone. Persons operating a drone with a Remote ID broadcast module must be able to see their drone at all times during flight.

Operate (without Remote ID equipment) at FAA-recognized identification areas (FRIAs) sponsored by community-based organizations or schools. FRIAs are the only locations unmanned aircraft (drones and radio-controlled airplanes) may operate without broadcasting Remote ID message elements
2023-12-25
Use props
mlittyuncp
lvl.1
United States

I'm not getting the firmware update for some reason.

I've updated DJI Go 4 to 4.3.6 and have booted up my DJI Mavic 2 Pro and controller several times. Both say they have the latest firmware but the Aircraft version is 01.00.0770 and the Remote Controller version is 01.00.0640

I don't have an RID settings/info in the about section.
UPDATE: I discovered that my employer's security at some level is blocking DJI Go 4 from accessing anything, including firmware and flight restrictions. Using my personal device (iphone) I was able to see and install the firmware update as well as the other data updates. Sadly, I still don't see any RID information.

After updating to 01.00.0797, there's no RID info in the about and, when airborn with good GPS, there's no RID transmitted via WiFi as descirbed in other places.

Then I discovered that I needed to update my FAA Drone Zone registration with the RID info before it would activate on the drone so I did that. Still the remote shows no RID info in the about section but I did a test and the RID info is being broadcast via WiFi so it's working, I just cant see that it's working in the app.

1-4 11:24
Use props
TheWolfsfang
New
Flight distance : 6827 ft

United States

New to thread, my issue seems like a natural progression of this conversation though. It looks like he updates went live in December. I got my controller/app/ drone updated in December. Which gives access to the new RID controls. But the issue I am facing now is to get a RID number from the FAA. I have seen a video from Pilot Institute showing I should be able to "edit" my currently registered drone. But it has not populated to allow me to update it in the drone zone. Is the ball now back in the FAA's court? Or is there something further that I am missing?
1-10 11:57
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
United States

TheWolfsfang Posted at 1-10 11:57
New to thread, my issue seems like a natural progression of this conversation though. It looks like he updates went live in December. I got my controller/app/ drone updated in December. Which gives access to the new RID controls. But the issue I am facing now is to get a RID number from the FAA. I have seen a video from Pilot Institute showing I should be able to "edit" my currently registered drone. But it has not populated to allow me to update it in the drone zone. Is the ball now back in the FAA's court? Or is there something further that I am missing?

If you have already registered your drone at the FAA page, cancel (remove) it from the list and register the drone again with the RID compatible serial number. I couldn't "edit" my drone either but it worked the way I explained.
1-11 09:12
Use props
glenn wheeler
New

United States

Hello, Just getting into this conversation.  I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro to get the RID.  Everything is up to date, App, drone etc.  I too look for the RID and don't see it as well as looking on wireless networks for the  RID number.  Is there a "How to" for the Mavic 2 to update to RID anywhere?  I haven't been able to fine one.
1-11 12:18
Use props
djiuser_ZlsOhEOyBPBQ
New

United States

glenn wheeler Posted at 1-11 12:18
Hello, Just getting into this conversation.  I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro to get the RID.  Everything is up to date, App, drone etc.  I too look for the RID and don't see it as well as looking on wireless networks for the  RID number.  Is there a "How to" for the Mavic 2 to update to RID anywhere?  I haven't been able to fine one.

You have to actually go into the drone. Like ready to fly (go fly), when you see the camera feed, go to the 3 dot settings thing on the top right corner, then about, scroll down and it should have a long alphanumeric number next to remote ID.

I just did it right now with the Mavic 2 Pro, got the remote ID and registered it on the FAA site.
1-12 12:12
Use props
mgilbe2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-22 20:18
Hi, Andrew. It will show up on your WiFi list once you start the motors. Also please make sure you have a good GPS connection. It will show "Takeoff permitted and "Remote ID functionality normal" if it's working and "Remote ID error" if not. Have a nice day.

Does it show up working properly with a red triangle?
1-13 18:36
Use props
intense.feel
lvl.1
Czechia

I am not sure if the RID is compliant. So, I can see the SSID network being created with "RID-XXXXYYYZZZ" serial confirming the drone has RID enabled. However, it only transmits the "Basic ID" message type which contains only serial number of the drone, I have never seen it transit "Location/Vector Message" or "Operator Message", these are the messages that actually contain the location data, the BasicID has very limited use as it only contains the drone serial number and class., which is already visible as the wifi SSID. I have observed these for all the dji drones. Anybody experiencing same issue with location data not being transmitted?
EDIT: I am developing an application that receives the RID data to track drones, all captured DJI drones I observed so far have this behaviour and I confirmed it by analyzing a full packet capture data. I have confirmed the data (location/vector) is transmitted with other drone manufacturers (e.g. not DJI) and systems like dronetag. Would somebody be willing to share a pcap data if the RID works for you including location data?
4-4 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules