only getting 12 mins battery life
3125 13 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rory
New

Australia

i recently just purchased a phanto 2 vision plus (V3) absolutely love it, but i am only getting 12 mins maximum from my battery life, even when i first plug the battery into my phantom it only coes up with 12mins on the display.... can anyone relate to this, or maybe give me any ideas on what could be causing.
thanks in advance!!!!! =
2014-12-7
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Temperature; flying in cold seriously lessens flight time.  Another think is flying styles; I can fly longer when I'm actually flying further (I suspect because it takes less energy to move than to sit still (transitional lift)).  If I am flying circuits I get near 20 minutes but if I'm doing low and slow precision movements I get about 15.

It also depends on when you complete; 30%, 20% or are you flying until the display tells you it's time to land?
2014-12-7
Use props
rory
New

Australia

thanks mate, this could be the case. i always land with about 2 mins battery left, (so only actually flying for like 10-11mins) cause im scared to run it right down, haha. i  guess i am new to this drone so i am probably a bit unsteady on my throttle etc. will time again when this storm pisses off.
thanks again mate
2014-12-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Since you just got the Phantom, did you fully charge the battery before your flight?  The batteries come with about 1/2 charge.
2014-12-7
Use props
rory
New

Australia

Yeah I charged both battery packs when I first bought em, when you guys put your batteries in on start up, does the top bar on the vision plus app start at 20mins?  
2014-12-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

I have a new V2+ NOT version 3 and am only getting about 14 minutes ... BUT... I'm doing a lot of hovering due to trying to maneuver around in a tight space.  I plan on getting to a more open space this week and will let you know if I get better times.
2014-12-7
Use props
rory
New

Australia

Thanks mate! Help is greatly appreciated!! Maybe I should try plotting a course on ground station so that it flies steady the whole way and see how much I get.
Cheers
2014-12-7
Use props
duckhunter10
lvl.1

United States

rory@baytocoast Posted at 2014-12-8 12:59
Thanks mate! Help is greatly appreciated!! Maybe I should try plotting a course on ground station so ...

Almost lost mine this am, took off with 2 lights on battery, it was 38, went about 1/2 mile, lost signal and plane was coming back in rth mode at 150 ft when it went into autoland due to low battery power, I was able to override and hover until I got to it over a flooded ricefield.
2014-12-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never fly (take off)  the P2V+ with anything other than a full charge. It's one thing if you are just giving a demo over your lawn, but if you are going to fly high or far, it's asking for trouble. Flight is unforgiving.

If you are going to tempt fate, do it with a $60 quadcopter...I've lost many of them, and didn't cry too hard.

The P2V+ flies quite heavy..between the battery and the camera/gimbal. There is no glide ratio! Flights should be planned to get your real footage in the first 10-12 minutes (normal temps) and, after that, you may get lucky for a few more but you should descend and start coming back home.

Yes, the advertising and marketing is somewhat false. On the other hand, the P1 with a heavy load will only fly about 5-6 minutes, so you are doing much better.
2014-12-8
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

I think the P2V+ will have a less fight time than P2 due to the weight and image communication.
Normally less than 20 min, even with a proper temperature.
2014-12-8
Use props
ivan.ocampo.per
New

Chile

I have exactly the same problem. Even with new batteries : two of them are only showing 12-14 minutes of flying... just when I turn the machine on. I was supposed to get at least 20 minutes out of 25. It is time to complain to DJI and ask for a refund? I bought my Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 2 weeks ago.
2015-2-6
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

All pilots should plan their flight, including a emergency landing contingency, Just like piloting full size craft. Inspect the craft, check mechanical/electrical systems, weather and environmental conditions. This demonstration would be a requirement to obtaining a UAV licence in the UK CAA.(and many more requirements)
2015-2-6
Use props
godfrey.dayo.po
lvl.2

China

rory@baytocoast Posted at 2014-12-8 12:55
Yeah I charged both battery packs when I first bought em, when you guys put your batteries in on sta ...

Yeah, at least 20 minutes during take-off. Please see screen capture on the next post.
2015-2-7
Use props
godfrey.dayo.po
lvl.2

China

At least 20 minutes during takeoff.
IMG_0189.jpg
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules