DJI fly app on redmi 10a
1029 9 2023-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Hi,
I see redmi 10a is not in the compatibility list. anyone managed to install dji fly app somehow? i bought it yesterday brand new and as per policy i cannt return it. i was thinking the compatibility will be based on adnroid version and also xiaomi is one the old companies now
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, zeesh1979. I'm sorry for the trouble that you're experiencing. Though your phone is not on the list, it doesn't really mean automatically it will not be working with your phone. Your phone is not on the list because it was not tested. The app will surely work with those devices on the list as they are tested. Do you have your phone with you right now? Have you already tried installing it?
2023-7-18
Use props
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-18 02:40
Hi there, zeesh1979. I'm sorry for the trouble that you're experiencing. Though your phone is not on the list, it doesn't really mean automatically it will not be working with your phone. Your phone is not on the list because it was not tested. The app will surely work with those devices on the list as they are tested. Do you have your phone with you right now? Have you already tried installing it?

hi, since morning i tried multiple times in many ways....at end of installation it says 'app not installed'. i already gave 3rd party app installation permission, cache cleared, phone restarted. moved apk to phone internal memory...have 15gb free on phone, its a brand new phone i received yesterday
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

zeesh1979 Posted at 7-18 03:11
hi, since morning i tried multiple times in many ways....at end of installation it says 'app not installed'. i already gave 3rd party app installation permission, cache cleared, phone restarted. moved apk to phone internal memory...have 15gb free on phone, its a brand new phone i received yesterday

Hello. Just to confirm, you went to "Privacy Protection" from your settings>Special permissions>install unknown apps>selected the browser that you used and enabled it right? How about your Google Play Protect, have you tried disabling it?
2023-7-18
Use props
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-18 03:25
Hello. Just to confirm, you went to "Privacy Protection" from your settings>Special permissions>install unknown apps>selected the browser that you used and enabled it right? How about your Google Play Protect, have you tried disabling it?

i moved the downloaded file to my file manager and under privacy settings, file manager has the permission to install 3rd party apps. regarding google play, i didnt configure any account on that as i intend to use the phone only for dji fly app
2023-7-18
Use props
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

zeesh1979 Posted at 7-18 03:27
i moved the downloaded file to my file manager and under privacy settings, file manager has the permission to install 3rd party apps. regarding google play, i didnt configure any account on that as i intend to use the phone only for dji fly app

just now i tried again after disabling google play protect but same issue
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

zeesh1979 Posted at 7-18 03:31
just now i tried again after disabling google play protect but same issue

How about enabling permission from the browser where you downloaded the app? If it still does not work you might need to use a different phone. I really want to get this resolved but seems like this is the farthest we can go. Hopefully, your co-pilots can give you recommendations with your phone. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-18
Use props
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-18 03:39
How about enabling permission from the browser where you downloaded the app? If it still does not work you might need to use a different phone. I really want to get this resolved but seems like this is the farthest we can go. Hopefully, your co-pilots can give you recommendations with your phone. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and have a great day ahead.

i am already using the app on my samsung a73. i bought this redmi 10a so that i dont have to book my phone when flying
anyways thanks alot for your quick responses.
by the way, is there any older version i can try?
2023-7-18
Use props
zeesh1979
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-18 03:39

just now i tried to install another 3rd party app, not related to this, and i was able to install it. this means no issues with the phone for installing 3rd party apps. it is like only dji fly is not getting installed
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

zeesh1979 Posted at 7-18 03:47
i am already using the app on my samsung a73. i bought this redmi 10a so that i dont have to book my phone when flying
anyways thanks alot for your quick responses.
by the way, is there any older version i can try?

Hi, Currently it's not possible to download the older version of the app from our website.
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules