Why cant we get a app that works a 100% no waypoints,POI,Follow /Crashes/Lag
123Next >
5467 116 2015-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

This is what we get for buying a product for over $1000? I am a P3A owner and have experianced nothing but trouble with this app Lagging so bad you have to disconnect and the lack of way points, POI, Follow me makes it dissapointing for me even though I do like the P3A. I blame this on DJI 100% why not have the software ready when it is released tested and working? But no they seem to be making alot of their customers very unhappy with no hope of change, I have considered returning my P3A because of this and I will not go back to DJI. Every time I try to call I get the same thing "saying due to alot of calls blah blah blah" and it hangs up also spent many HOURS chatting with their rediculous techs what a joke and wast of time I got no where slow.

Has any one else been through this? Ive read alot some people dont have problems with the app and alot do. Are we ever going to get what us paying customers deserve?? "Software" that is smooth and has all the goodies not a joke like this we have now. This is my opinion.
2015-8-29
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Verify that you're using a device that is recommended and/or known to work with the DJI GO app. Here's a list of commonly used devices:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-device-s-do-you-use-to-run-the-dji-pilot-app.48525

Next, check that your device is setup properly. If you just pulled your device out of the box and went flying, then your device is definitely not setup with the optimal settings. Here are some good tips:

For Apple devices: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388
For Android devices: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=16777&pid=146682&fromuid=6149

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-29
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Montenegro

Which device do you use? I'm flying the P3A with the iPhone 6 and iPad air 2 and had some problems with lag. Most of these issues occured when flying near building or trees. Out in the open field no lag at all. I disabled hardware encoding and used flightmode after caching the map. Also killed apps running in the background.
2015-8-29
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

Dude, I got a bad ass flying tripod for my camera for $1000.  POI sounds neat but needs a lot of care to not crash and follow me just sounds like a bad idea...at least until obstacle avoidance is part of the package.

I've had no issues with 85 flights, 8+ hours and 142K feet multiple and going through multiple firmware upgrades
2015-8-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI Eric,

Sorry to hear you are having a terrible experience with the P3A, this is definitely not the norm.

Like Phantom Help said, check that you are using a supported device and that its configured optimally. Also you could post the details of what you are using and maybe others can share some of their experiences/tips for the particular device.

As for the waypoints and other features, it was always stated by DJI that it would be up to 6 months fro release that these features would be available. This time frame is still on track I believe.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

snowride419 Posted at 2015-8-29 13:01
Dude, I got a bad ass flying tripod for my camera for $1000.  POI sounds neat but needs a lot of car ...

um OK DUDE
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-29 13:18
HI Eric,

Sorry to hear you are having a terrible experience with the P3A, this is definitely not th ...

Yes ok thanks for the input I am going to try to kill some apps and see if that helps. Yes I got to be patient I guess for these updates!! Thanks Ill post after next flight. I am using a Samsung tabs S, I did see that is not on the list of compatible devises.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-29 12:57
Verify that you're using a device that is recommended and/or known to work with the DJI GO app. Here ...

Hey thanks for the info I am going to try some of these steps to limit cpu usage on my devise, a Samsung Tab s 10.5, and I did see that is not a compatible devise but other then lagging bad and crashing every so often it  works for what it is.  Thanks for the suggestions. I will update once I get a flight in, Rainy day here today!
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Stealth... Posted at 2015-8-29 12:59
Which device do you use? I'm flying the P3A with the iPhone 6 and iPad air 2 and had some problems w ...

Hello,
I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5. I also noticed what you said about getting less lag in the wide open but it will still do it I think just not as bad. When I fly in my back yard (Next to my shop) and house also tons of other interference around I will lagg alot worse. I seen some one saying there lagging got worse farther into their flight and I have experienced that as well, some times its starts out great and goes down hill. I am going to try to kill a bunch of app on my tab and see then. Ill update after my next flight.
2015-8-29
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

ericsuter83 Posted at 2015-8-29 15:33
Yes ok thanks for the input I am going to try to kill some apps and see if that helps. Yes I got t ...

turn off WIFI on your TAB.. helps alot
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
I tried that before with no luck but I will try again after I shut down all apps. I am thinking it is because my tab isn't supported but it is one of the newest from Samsung (Tab S 10.5), don't  most of the Samsung compatible devises have the same operation system?
Well thanks for the input.
2015-8-29
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Montenegro

ericsuter83 Posted at 2015-8-29 22:39
Hey thanks for the info I am going to try some of these steps to limit cpu usage on my devise, a S ...

Check this link about downgrading the google services because it's causing a lot of problems.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

they can only code around the devices that the majority of the market has. if you start to stray away from the recommended device list, you run the risk of encountering bugs
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

if you're using a tabS, then its likely you have stuff running in the background on the device. or you're flying in an area with a lot of EM interference. are you next to any power lines, substations or radio towers? check the RC spectrum through the app to see if the area is clean
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:16
they can only code around the devices that the majority of the market has. if you start to stray awa ...

Yes I figured that I just spent $500 on a Tablet and just frustrated that it is not compatible I still am going to try other fixes before I decide what to do, SUCKS though. Thanks for the input.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Stealth... Posted at 2015-8-29 14:14
Check this link about downgrading the google services because it's causing a lot of problems.

htt ...

Hey I have actually read the forum before just goes to show you I have been trying to dig in and find out what the deal is lol!! Thanks much
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

if i remember right, back when i was looking for a tablet ive seen other people having no issues with the tabS, i could be wrong. have you tried running some searches on the forum? i ended up going with the nvidia sheild tablet for the HDMI out. you might also look into trying to run the device without using a samsung ROM witch would also have a ton of samsungs useless BS installed. if you need help in that dept, feel free to PM me and ill help you out
2015-8-29
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

So you'r not using a recommended device !? Why not start with getting one, before you start talking about how much money you spent.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:22
if you're using a tabS, then its likely you have stuff running in the background on the device. or y ...

Hey, I get lag in the city and in the middle of nowhere with very little interference, yes  there is of course power lines no sub stations or any thing like that by my house. But I do believe there is stuff running in the background of my tab I just went through it deleting alot of apps. When I fly with airplane mode or no WIFI I have no map that updates, I do know i can cache it some how on the app just not sure how yet. Great suggestion checking on the R/C spectrum on the app I have never messed with it so I will have to check it out. Thanks much
2015-8-29
Use props
LarrysP3P
lvl.1

United States

NVIDIA SHIELD  ALL THE WAY.
No lag.   
The only problem is with the pilot app is it produces alot of heat. To much for summer temps.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-8-29 14:40
So you'r not using a recommended device !? Why not start with getting one, before you start talking  ...

How about you don't chime in if your an idiot.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:37
if i remember right, back when i was looking for a tablet ive seen other people having no issues wit ...

Yeah I have been reading war stories about the Tab S with this app. Nice a HDMI input on the tab good idea. I would love your help cause I do not know how to mess with the ROM.
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-8-30 05:40
So you'r not using a recommended device !? Why not start with getting one, before you start talking  ...

i knew when i bought the shield it wasn't on the recommended device list, thats why before i did it, i came to this very forum and did something called RESEARCH
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

LarrysP3P Posted at 2015-8-29 14:44
NVIDIA SHIELD  ALL THE WAY.
No lag.   
The only problem is with the pilot app is it produces alot of ...

Thanks Ive been hearing that alot so that my next step if this thing is going to be crazy, I love my tab out side of the problems with this app.
2015-8-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

ericsuter83 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:33
Yes ok thanks for the input I am going to try to kill some apps and see if that helps. Yes I got t ...

I use a tab 4 7". Tried an iPad mini and cant tell much difference between them for lag. Only differences are what you get in the app.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

kairkyo161 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:50
i knew when i bought the shield it wasn't on the recommended device list, thats why before i did it ...

Hey sorry but not sure how to PM on here? Would like the help though.
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

just know before you go into this youll have to do some reading on your own, and there is always a risk of bricking the device when doing this if you dont prep and follow instructions . here is a universal guide to getting it done http://www.android.gs/install-custom-roms-android-devices-guide/ after reading that you can google a more detailed guide geared for the tab . and heres a pre rooted rom that seems to be up there on the popularity list http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ... tab-s-10-5-t2840209
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Cool Ill do my research!! and go from there. Thanks much the advise is appreciated.
2015-8-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

ericsuter83 Posted at 2015-8-29 14:33

On my tab 4, i kill all background apps. I have a 1.2 ghz quad core processor.  You have a 1.9 ghz octacore. I would think you could run a couple apps in the background but who knows.
2015-8-29
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

ericsuter83 Posted at 2015-8-29 17:46
How about you don't chime in if your an idiot.

Now wait a minute. You start your original post blasting the product and the cost. Then we find out you are not using a recommended device or settings. When someone points it out you get annoyed?
2015-8-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Canada

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-8-29 15:40

Maybe he wasnt interested in an Aple device? They are the most recommended.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-29 15:03
On my tab 4, i kill all background apps. I have a 1.2 ghz quad core processor.  You have a 1.9 ghz ...

I know right I would think this thing would work but like you said who knows lol.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-8-29 15:04
Now wait a minute. You start your original post blasting the product and the cost. Then we find ou ...

Like I said.....
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-29 15:06

I had the tab before the P3A but you would think since it is one of the newest tabs from Samsung it would freaking work. Why should I have to go buy a tab just for a app?? Sound dumb to me. I could see if I had a out of date tab but I dont.
2015-8-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I can confirm that iPad Air 2 works fine.  I can confirm Nvidia Shield 8 works fine.

If you use slow untested Android devices filled with junk ware... It's probably not going to be a good experience.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-8-29 15:22
I can confirm that iPad Air 2 works fine.  I can confirm Nvidia Shield 8 works fine.

If you use slo ...

Hey thanks for the input. I have been hearing every one say Nvidia. Who would of thought a tab with a 1.9ghz processor (Tab S) would be slow and not work I'm still shocked. But it does make some sense because I know there is alot of preinstalled crap on androids.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

One other thing I just thought of is that I got the DJI Ultimate Flight v3 app that is still in beta and I rarely had a lag issuse I was wondering if some one knew why the big difference is, obviously using less cpu but why and why cant DJI GO integrate the same? Thanks
2015-8-29
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-30 00:06

Well i couldn't care less what he is interested in, but if he is interested in having a working app he better get a recommended device.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-8-29 16:13
Well i couldn't care less what he is interested in, but if he is interested in having a working ap ...

If you careless quit commenting you idiot.
2015-8-29
Use props
ericsuter83
lvl.1

United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-8-29 16:13
Well i couldn't care less what he is interested in, but if he is interested in having a working ap ...

Im not wast my time to comment on your stupid remarks any more. If you have nothing to say helpful FUCK OFF.
2015-8-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules