5482 116 2015-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-30 11:04
Hey thanks for the input I noticed my flight starts out ok then gets worse the longer I fly not su ...

the longer u fly the hotter the device gets
2015-8-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-29 22:57
Yes I know that and  it is improving slowly but why cant this app at least not lag like his app? W ...

Because DJI uses the same bad programming techniques throughout their entire app.

Ken does good programming but he is limited by the SDK which is really just the communications portion stripped out of the Pilot/GO app.
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 20:06

Oh that makes sense.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 23:00
willie, ive been thinking of doing the hdmi route, do u know any BRIGHT, i mean really BRIGHT port ...

Ray, i have a motorola Atrix Lapdock which has an HDMI input PLUS an internal battery that allows it to run hours, i previously used it with my phone as it turns the phone into a linux machine, but then after that i used it with other devices, and sometimes i used it with my xbox to play on the go, and lastly i am planing on using it as the primary display for my phantom as it bypasses the control device lag completely and offers the best latency ever for a light bridge display, so i will sit on a table and have it as the FPV display and then the iPad will be sitting next to it offering me map display and camera controls ... I AM in heaven now !
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-8-29 20:08
Because DJI uses the same bad programming techniques throughout their entire app.

Ken does good p ...

So like I thought DJI is behind this. I still think this should of been tested and ready to be released when the P3P/P3A was released I'm why not.
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-29 20:09
Ray, i have a motorola Atrix Lapdock which has an HDMI input PLUS an internal battery that allows  ...

Hold on no lag??what so ever?? I want to be in heaven to please explain this set up.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Here is the display that i am going to be using :

And here is someone testing the HDMI board on a different display :

And you pretty much know what is what and how to go about it, in the end what makes YOU happy.
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-29 20:20

video link

Sweet so you dont have to have a heavy tab on your R/C and lag free this might be the way I go.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-29 23:30
Sweet so you dont have to have a heavy tab on your R/C and lag free this might be the way I go.

Yeah just a tiny android device for control and then the hdmi display for FPV, as i am waiting for the ultimate flight app for android to mature a little bit more and that will be my setup.
2015-8-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-29 23:20

video link

Good vids, Willie. I was wondering how well the HDMI board worked.

The difference is the HDMI board does dedicated hardware h.264 decoding, where without it it still has to go though the USB and then has to be decoded by the device which is also trying to run the app causing lag.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-8-29 23:37

The difference is the HDMI bo ...

Exactly so we cut the middle man all together LOL
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-30 11:09
Ray, i have a motorola Atrix Lapdock which has an HDMI input PLUS an internal battery that allows  ...

thanks willie, i better get off this thread b4 i start again!!!
2015-8-29
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-29 14:57
Verify that you're using a device that is recommended and/or known to work with the DJI GO app. Here ...

This is the problem I have with DJI...another official poster with DJI on the broads told me NOT to turn on Hardware Decoder with my Ipad mini II because it has the A7 chip and to only turn it on with the A8 chip devices... Please tell me ...should I or should I not and please give us an agreed upon answer.

Butch
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-30 11:41
This is the problem I have with DJI...another official poster with DJI on the broads told me NOT t ...

a7 off a8 on
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 23:41
thanks willie, i better get off this thread b4 i start again!!!

Your welcome, i better get off too i spent so much time on this forum i should be paid by DJI or at least get discounts
2015-8-29
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You say that but you are not with DJI... you may very well be right but don't you think we need a definitive official answer... this is a common question?

It is the same with compass calibration...some say yes all the time some say no... DJI will not come out and give a definitive answer in their manual or on the boards.

Forget about getting good answers on the Go app or even having an online detailed manual. I would be great to get answers that remain the same from DJI help to DJI help... I once asked in the chat help if RTH worked when in IOC... in the chat room I was told no... then I saw a DJI help say yes it does on the boards... This seems to happen all the time and is very confusing.

Butch
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-30 11:50
You say that but you are not with DJI... you may very well be right but don't you think we need a  ...

why not go by the manufacturers recommendation? just saying
and sorry i didnt realize u were asking dji
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-30 11:50
You say that but you are not with DJI... you may very well be right but don't you think we need a  ...

yes u r absolutely right, there should be a unified answer from DJI.
2015-8-29
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 22:54
why not go by the manufacturers recommendation? just saying
and sorry i didnt realize u were askin ...

Because ray I get opposing answers... this is what i am taking about... I don't know which Phantom rep to follow... one says turn on hardware decoding with an Ipad mini A7 and the other says like you... only with an A8.
Believe me I do appreciate your advice what would we do without knowledgeable people...we cannot seem to be able to depend on DJI for consistant answers.

Butch
2015-8-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-29 23:58
Because ray I get opposing answers... this is what i am taking about... I don't know which Phantom ...

Telling DJI to fix their customer service is like beating a dead horse that has been run over by a steamroller.
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-30 11:58
Because ray I get opposing answers... this is what i am taking about... I don't know which Phantom ...

i feel for you. dont forget: point of the forum is to take care of problems ourselves as a collective. aand the general feeling here as to ur dilemma is a7 off and a8 on.
but it would be nice to get a definitive answer from DJI. but then again there are some definitive answers from dji on other things that I for one dont go by, one is constant compass calibration b4 each flight!!!
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-29 20:36
Yeah just a tiny android device for control and then the hdmi display for FPV, as i am waiting for ...

Yeah I am doing the same as far as waiting on the Ultimate flight app I have the app but choosing to wait to keep updating firmware until I see that a majority says it works better. But for now the FPV is way better then DJI GO app on my devise any way. Great idea and set up nice!
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-8-29 20:37

The difference is the HDMI bo ...

Oh ok you guys are great!!!
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-8-29 20:58
Because ray I get opposing answers... this is what i am taking about... I don't know which Phantom  ...

I have had them tell me mulitpal things as well it seems they need more training and knowledge to be answering questions. I feel your frustration its not just you trust me.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-30 00:09
Yeah I am doing the same as far as waiting on the Ultimate flight app I have the app but choosing  ...

By the way, i was sarcastic on my first post about you going to dji for help, also the F word was not a good idea, you know what to do in that aspect ;)
2015-8-29
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 20:06

Wait, what did you just say?  Dude, this forum is PG-13.  Geez .....  LOL
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-8-29 21:03
Telling DJI to fix their customer service is like beating a dead horse that has been run over by a ...

LOL well said well said
2015-8-29
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

This was five minutes of my life that I'll never get back again.  LOLOL ....
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-30 00:17
This was five minutes of my life that I'll never get back again.  LOLOL ....

Which five minutes LOOOOL ?
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-30 12:16
I have had them tell me mulitpal things as well it seems they need more training and knowledge to  ...

dont forget one thing: as with most companies, the first person u get on tech support, is just a person who flips thru a troubleshooting folder and tries to find u an answer. by no means is that person a knowledgeable technician!!!
not making any excuses for dji in the CS dept. but, it is what it is! and it is all about profit!!!
thats why i use forum, but i make up my own mind after alot of research
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-30 12:16
Wait, what did you just say?  Dude, this forum is PG-13.  Geez .....  LOL

lol, thats funny.
nice to see u
2015-8-29
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-29 21:16
By the way, i was sarcastic on my first post about you going to dji for help, also the F word was  ...

I thought you were serious, thats a good joke tho! and what about the F word? I only give what I get if you know what I mean, another words dont come at me with dumb responses and being rude and F bombs wont be dropped. Thats not directed at you of course just the couple of idiots the chimed in.  

Have a wonderful night fellas and ladies if any. I appreciate all the wonderful info and I will check you all out tomorrow!         Peace, love and hair grease
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2015-8-30 00:23
I thought you were serious, thats a good joke tho! and what about the F word? I only give what I g ...

I find ignoring un-productive comments goes best, anyways you have a good night
2015-8-29
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-8-30 08:04
Now wait a minute. You start your original post blasting the product and the cost. Then we find ou ...

Exactly what I was thinking.
2015-8-29
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Rigworker Posted at 2015-8-30 01:44
Not at all. I am not using a recommended device and it works just fine. Just as good as the ipad m ...

Well let's examine your "reasoning" shall we ?

Do you think DJI made a recommended list for fun ?

Do you think system requirements for software in general is listed just for fun ?

They made a list of devices they tested and they know will work with their software, using anything else is a matter luck, and you got lucky. Congrats!

I commend you for trying to assist, my comments was however in reference to op's initial post where he made claims to this and that..

* This is what we get for buying a product for over $1000?
* I blame this on DJI 100% why not have the software ready when it is released tested and working?
* I have considered returning my P3A because of this and I will not go back to DJI
* Are we ever going to get what us paying customers deserve?? "Software" that is smooth and has all the goodies not a joke like this we have now. This is my opinion.

This kind of ignorans reminds me when people bashed Atomos and other users on their forum, they where crying wolf due to loosing footage on their Shogun.  Thing was just about everyone of them had ignored the list of recommended HD/SSD to use with the Shogun... Apparentlty their work was not that important and taking the risk of using a non recommended device (hd/ssd in this case) was eveidently worth it. Well until it they lost their footage that is...

Put it this way if the P3 was as picky as many other cameras are with MicroSD, and there was a specific list of tested cards, what good use would a phone call do to their support just to mention you have faulty footage due to NOT using a microSD card they recommend ?

So making claims like the OP did in his opening post is just a testament of ignorans, has nothing to do with me supporting DJI (or looking for their support!?) . I have no affiliation with DJI and like every company their support and products is not perfect and critique and feedback is indeed needed. But this is not a valid calim or critque by a long shot, if anything it takes away focus from real issues that needs attention.

2015-8-30
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not had time to read the entire thread since I posted yesterday ( escalated a little )..

On the hardware decoding thing.. Its as follows Hardware decoding ON for A7 devices and OFF for A8 devices, this is the recommendation fro DJI. Posts here seems to get it the wrong way around.. - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... &postcount=8038

2015-8-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-30 02:26
Not had time to read the entire thread since I posted yesterday ( escalated a little  )..

On the  ...

Sploodge, thank you.  Blade is an IT manager and one of the brightest guys I know.  He does know what he is talking about and he works for me as well.  I am one lucky guy.  
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules