*DJI M3M* RTK Positioning "Converging" Issue
1787 10 2023-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beaveraposs Log
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486 ft

United States

Howdy all! I have a DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral and it's been flying perfectly for me! ! It's only been the last week that it has given me my first problem. The problem arose when I tried to use the RTK tophat with a local SOPAC NTRIP station. I've used the NTRIP with other drones and I tried switching to a few different NTRIPS nearby. The same problem occured each time.

The drone has a "weak RTK signal" and is unable to take off even in N mode. It seems to be having a hard time with trasnmitting the RTK data through the RTK tophat. When finally connected (after verifying a strong wifi connection and that all the login information is correct) I notice an RTK status in orange saying "Converging..." while having a strong signal and connected to 29 satellites. The firmware is current and up to date.

DJI has instructed me to return my drone but since I'm so busy, I can't afford to have my drone away for 3 weeks - it's my workhorse! Has anybody ran into a similar problem with their drone? I've read that a potential firewall could be causing it but I've had problems with it even while using the data from the controller. I'm at a loss...

What would y'all advise I do?

2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We managed to find your emails with your Forum account. We will confirm with our teams to see if we can troubleshoot issue for you further.
2023-7-19
Use props
djiuser_oz0Ta4MfDq4N
lvl.1
United States

Most of the time I have to turn RTK off to take off and get to 100+ AGL, hover, and turn RTK back on. Usually converges in a few sec while on the ground may take minutes.
2023-7-21
Use props
mgphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906398 ft
United States

Clear the cashes before starting the Pilot app, do the same when you swop batteries. Save the Ntrip connection info in the RTK panel after starting the Pilot app, use an Ntrip caster located less than 20 kilometers from your flight location.
2023-8-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah this often happens when the baseline is too long. Try to use a station < 20 km from your flight location as mgphoto suggested. If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what your problem is.
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_yv8KHnG9WUhs
lvl.1

Mauritius

Hello guys,
I am having the same issue with the M3T. During battery swap I loose rtk capability. Unable to take off with RTK.
If I try to take off with Rtk disabled... I cannot put it back on.
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_HkRGPZMIIgpC
lvl.1

Romania

djiuser_yv8KHnG9WUhs Posted at 9-1 03:21
Hello guys,
I am having the same issue with the M3T. During battery swap I loose rtk capability. Unable to take off with RTK.
If I try to take off with Rtk disabled... I cannot put it back on.

Hello!
I have the same problem with M3E.
Usually at the first start of the day, RTK becomes fixed in under 1 minute. After I change the battery, it takes between 10 minutes and sometimes even 30 minutes until it becomes FIXED.

It is frustrating. I tried everything I could think of. Has anyone solved this problem?
2023-12-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_HkRGPZMIIgpC Posted at 12-6 05:27
Hello!
Usually at the first start of the day, RTK becomes fixed in under 1 minute. After I change the battery, it takes between 10 minutes and sometimes even 30 minutes until it becomes FIXED.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-285647-1-1.html

How far are you from the base station?
What is the surrounding environment on take off point?
What is the latency of the network?
2023-12-6
Use props
TnT_RO
lvl.1

Romania

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-6 06:36
https://forum.dji.com/thread-285647-1-1.html

How far are you from the base station?

I`m at 35 km from the basestation. But it doesn`t matter because even when I`m at 10 km, it`s the same problem. The surroundings in general are plain fields without electrical towers or something like that.
I don`t know how to check the network latency.
2023-12-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

TnT_RO Posted at 12-7 02:30
I`m at 35 km from the basestation. But it doesn`t matter because even when I`m at 10 km, it`s the same problem. The surroundings in general are plain fields without electrical towers or something like that.
I don`t know how to check the network latency.

Are you using spider network. If yes you must be alble to open a map and see who is connected to what and with which latency
2023-12-7
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HkRGPZMIIgpC Posted at 12-6 05:27
Hello!

My RTK never seems to reconnect after a battery change unless I restart the controller as well. Even then it sometimes takes too long so I just restart everything again.
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules