DJI Mini 2 "Camera not connected" issue
3667 8 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koko112
New

Finland

Hi!

So, when I try to start my Mini 2 drone, it does connect to phone and to app, I can even fly with it and the gimbal works, BUT... its blind. It says ''camera not connected'', I've tried to change the app to Litchi but without result, same problem there.

Does anyone have quick fix to this? I would need that drone in a week, so sending it to another country to DJI repair services is no go now...

2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Koko112. I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. Do you mind trying the steps below? I hope it helps.

1. Please make sure you're using the DJI fly app.
2. Make sure the connection between the mobile phone device and the remote controller and the connection between the drone and the remote controller has been successfully connected, and relink the aircraft to the remote controller.
3. Confirm whether a microSD card is mounted. We recommend removing the microSD card, rebooting the device, and trying again.
4. Please make sure the version of the drone, remote controller, and App is the latest. When the microSD card is not mounted, refresh the aircraft or the remote controller firmware.
5. Please reset the camera settings. After resetting the camera settings, please check if the photo and video can be shot normally. If not, the photo or video also shows black, please send the drone back to us for testing.
6. Please replace the mobile device to have a try if possible.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Find a repairer that has a spare, working camera available and see if they will replace the camera and do whatever matching/calibration etc. that is needed within the available time.
Alternatively buy another drone.
But I think your time limits are too tight unless you have care refresh and possibly use the express service..... which will, I think, cost you additional money and, even then, with such a tight time frame I'd be prepared to bet something would go wrong.

You could possibly disconnect and reconnect both ends of both cables with in the drone and gimbal - in the hope that that might fix the problem - but I would in no way guarantee that that would work .... plus you might break something else in the process.
2023-7-20
Use props
Koko112
New

Finland

Thank you for both of you! There was firmware update that for some reason didn't alarm in the DJI Fly app. I downloaded the firmware update and now it is working again!
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Koko112 Posted at 7-20 02:24
Thank you for both of you! There was firmware update that for some reason didn't alarm in the DJI Fly app. I downloaded the firmware update and now it is working again!

Awesome. We're glad it's already fixed. You can also refer to the dji.com/support if in any case, you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_vDm400BKo60v
New
Saudi Arabia

Hi,
I just replaced camera of dji mini 2 and it needs to be calibrated and adjusted. It cannot be calibrated using the mobile app.
What can i do in this situation?
I read in the intermet that i can do the calibration using some python and pyserial commands but i couldn't do it due some issues
2-24 13:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vDm400BKo60v Posted at 2-24 13:37
Hi,
I just replaced camera of dji mini 2 and it needs to be calibrated and adjusted. It cannot be calibrated using the mobile app.

Hello, there. We're sorry to inform you that we don't have available information related to your query, as self-repair isn't in accordance with our aftersales service and it will affect the warranty service. If your aircraft suffers from a mishap, we encourage you to contact our support via www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for immediate assistance. We thank you for your understanding.
2-25 00:07
Use props
djiuser_f4oyJRBVgSwz
New

Austria

djiuser_vDm400BKo60v Posted at 2-24 13:37
Hi,

Hello, i replaced the the whole upper gimbal part with the shock-cage.
I can start the drone,  conect to the controller but i always get error when starting the app.
So i can't open it. The Gimbal also doesn't move when i start the mini 2.

Can someone help please?
3-2 20:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_f4oyJRBVgSwz Posted at 3-2 20:41
Hello, i replaced the the whole upper gimbal part with the shock-cage.
I can start the drone,  conect to the controller but i always get error when starting the app.
So i can't open it. The Gimbal also doesn't move when i start the mini 2.

We understand the inconvenience. However, we don't recommend self-repair, which may affect your warranty and flight safety. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
3-2 20:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules