965 11 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Question for DJI, when displaying flight histories in the App how does the App's flight log history recognise those flights that have been flown under the current login/account?More precisely,  if I use account #1, the App's flight history will NOT show the flights flown under the login of account #2 and vice versa, how does the App do this?

2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Only when the account is logged in, the app will generate flight records. The flight records under different accounts are independent, thus the flight records will only be displayed when the corresponding account is logged in; By the way, flight records are different from the aircraft/flight log, the aircraft log is recorded in the aircraft itself not App, no matter the login account is A or B. Have a great day ahead, Sean-bumble-bee.
2023-7-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 04:24
Only when the account is logged in, the app will generate flight records. The flight records under different accounts are independent, thus the flight records will only be displayed when the corresponding account is logged in; By the way, flight records are different from the aircraft/flight log, the aircraft log is recorded in the aircraft itself not App, no matter the login account is A or B. Have a great day ahead, Sean-bumble-bee.

How does this affect remote ID serial numbers? This just made me think of a scenario that could easily happen. If a drone is shared between two parties for example, it was registered and activated on my account (account A) but when the other party is using the drone (account B) and does something nefarious, is there any note of this change that would be legally binding? Or is the account the drone was activated under always going to be the one  to associated with this remote ID number?  When we sell a drone how hard is the process of removing our name from this number as well? Thank you
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 04:24
Only when the account is logged in, the app will generate flight records. The flight records under different accounts are independent, thus the flight records will only be displayed when the corresponding account is logged in; By the way, flight records are different from the aircraft/flight log, the aircraft log is recorded in the aircraft itself not App, no matter the login account is A or B. Have a great day ahead, Sean-bumble-bee.

Thanks for the reply Tony but that doesn't really address HOW the App recognises which logs to display.

I was aware that the drone records a DAT, in the drone's internal memory, from drone switch on to drone switch off but, with my GO4 and FLY App drones these DATs are encrypted and only DJI can make use of them ...... that is a sad loss to any drone pilot who would like to make use of them.
The drone DAT's of my Phantom 3es are readable and I have made use of them quite a few times.

With regard to "Only when the account is logged in, the app will generate flight records." If that is meant to mean that the App WILL ONLY record logs whilst someone is logged in then I am sorry to say that that appears to be incorrect.
Today I have flown multiple test flights, both logged in and not logged in, and, using the phone's file browser, there are .txt flight logs and .DAT flight logs that appear to correspond, respectively, to all the flights and all the drone switch ons irrespective of whether or not I was logged in.
The App itself might be misbehaving, as today's logged in flights seem to be not appearing in the Apps flight history but that is not a problem for me as I move all .txt & DAT flight logs to computer.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 7-20 05:01
How does this affect remote ID serial numbers? This just made me think of a scenario that could easily happen. If a drone is shared between two parties for example, it was registered and activated on my account (account A) but when the other party is using the drone (account B) and does something nefarious, is there any note of this change that would be legally binding? Or is the account the drone was activated under always going to be the one  to associated with this remote ID number?  When we sell a drone how hard is the process of removing our name from this number as well? Thank you

John, I think, note think, that the .txt flight log records the serial number you are asking about. Have a look at column FY, "DETAILS.guid", another number that might be of concern is the drone's internal flight controller serial number, column FZ, "SERIAL.flightController".If correct then you can upload flights flown by those logins to Phantomhelp, down load the resulting csv's and check them.

2023-7-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-20 05:42
John, I think, note think, that the .txt flight log records the serial number you are asking about. Have a look at column FY, "DETAILS.guid", another number that might be of concern is the drone's internal flight controller serial number, column FZ, "SERIAL.flightController".If correct then you can upload flights flown by those logins to Phantomhelp, down load the resulting csv's and check them.

I guess I'm looking at it from a legal angle and not just a flight log one. If your remote ID number is reported as flying something illegal (but it was logged into a different DJI account at the time) I don't know if a court is going to accept a .txt file as evidence in your defense. I guess my question is a little off topic so I apologize if I sidetracked your OP.

As many GitHub repo's have shown, RID is incredibly easy to spoof and your number is openly broadcasting to anyone with a free app. There's nothing stopping someone from spoofing your RID number which is tied back to your DJI account. I would love to hear to people saying "RID is just like a license plate on a car" and explain how this holds true? It takes more than a $5 ESP32 to spoof a license plate.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 7-20 08:03
I guess I'm looking at it from a legal angle and not just a flight log one. If your remote ID number is reported as flying something illegal (but it was logged into a different DJI account at the time) I don't know if a court is going to accept a .txt file as evidence in your defense. I guess my question is a little off topic so I apologize if I sidetracked your OP.

As many GitHub repo's have shown, RID is incredibly easy to spoof and your number is openly broadcasting to anyone with a free app. There's nothing stopping someone from spoofing your RID number which is tied back to your DJI account. I would love to hear to people saying "RID is just like a license plate on a car" and explain how this holds true? It takes more than a $5 ESP32 to spoof a license plate.

I think you question is a valid concern and related so I am not bothered by you asking it.
That said, assuming my experiments and their results are not flukes then, flights flown under account A's login would show in account A's flight history whereas flights flown under account B's login would not be seen under account A's login etc. and vice versa .... thus separating usage of the two logins.
If it can be shown that 'you' did not know account B's login and that the nefarious flight 'belonged' to account B then that's the evidence that 'you' are innocent.
Though, perhaps establishing a paper trail of who is in possession of the drone i.e. a signature-included logbook of who, and when, someone removed the drone from 'storage' and by whom and when it was returned to storage i.e. "sign it out and sign it back in again", might be in order.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-20 05:39
Thanks for the reply Tony but that doesn't really address HOW the App recognises which logs to display.

I was aware that the drone records a DAT, in the drone's internal memory, from drone switch on to drone switch off but, with my GO4 and FLY App drones these DATs are encrypted and only DJI can make use of them ...... that is a sad loss to any drone pilot who would like to make use of them.

Hi, Sean. I hope you're doing well today. I got this concern referred to our designated team. I'll get back to you once I get an answer. Thank you for your patience.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 22:57
Hi, Sean. I hope you're doing well today. I got this concern referred to our designated team. I'll get back to you once I get an answer. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-20 05:39

I was aware that the drone records a DAT, in the drone's internal memory, from drone switch on to drone switch off but, with my GO4 and FLY App drones these DATs are encrypted and only DJI can make use of them ...... that is a sad loss to any drone pilot who would like to make use of them.

Hi, Sean. Thank you for patiently waiting. There is a binding relationship between the flight record and the flight account. If you do not log in to the account to fly, you can still generate the flight record, even if you log in to other APP accounts, the APP cannot display it.
The way the app recognizes the corresponding flight records is realized on the Confidential code and algorithm of the App by our engineers, the details cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 21:24
Hi, Sean. Thank you for patiently waiting. There is a binding relationship between the flight record and the flight account. If you do not log in to the account to fly, you can still generate the flight record, even if you log in to other APP accounts, the APP cannot display it.
The way the app recognizes the corresponding flight records is realized on the Confidential code and algorithm of the App by our engineers, the details cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for asking Tony.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-25 22:45
Thank you for asking Tony.

No problem, Sean. I'm glad to assist. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules