How Long to Calibrate IMU?
3580 13 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Trying to calibrate the IMU on a Mavic 2 Pro using a Smart Tablet t has been at step #2 for ten minutes. Should be taking this long?
2023-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, not the answer to your question, but why are you calibrating the IMU? Did it ask you to calibrate or are you doing it because you think it needs doing?

In answer to your question, it shouldn't take 10 minutes to do a calibration. You need to have the drone on a very flat surface.
2023-7-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 7-20 10:19
Ok, not the answer to your question, but why are you calibrating the IMU? Did it ask you to calibrate or are you doing it because you think it needs doing?

In answer to your question, it shouldn't take 10 minutes to do a calibration. You need to have the drone on a very flat surface.

I'm being prompted to do it. I tried it twice and it hung at the same point.
2023-7-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

The third try at home work just fine. The two previous attempts out in the field both failed at the same point.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 7-20 11:01
The third try at home work just fine. The two previous attempts out in the field both failed at the same point.

Hi MRomine. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message when trying to calibrate it? Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

MRomine Posted at 7-20 11:01

I am not sure about this at all....but maybe your field location had a lot of magnetic bias. Just a wild guess.
2023-7-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 7-20 20:42
I am not sure about this at all....but maybe your field location had a lot of magnetic bias. Just a wild guess.

I don't think so because I had it sitting on bare dirt. Maybe there was something under the surface that I was unaware of but I didn't have reason to suspect that. Thanks
2023-7-23
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-20 20:35
Hi MRomine. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message when trying to calibrate it? Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

No error message.
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, MRomine. Can you please try the steps below:
1. Restart the drone. Note that the aircraft needs to be placed on a level surface and ensure to follow the onscreen prompts.
2. If the aircraft has crashed, please send the drone to us for testing.
3. Please try to refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate again.
If the calibration fails several times and confirms the operation is correct, please send the units to us for testing or repair. You can submit a repair request at repair.dji.com. Thank you and have a great day.
2023-7-23
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Tony, read his post again. His IMU Calibration was successful at home.
2023-7-24
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-23 21:06
Hello there, MRomine. Can you please try the steps below:
1. Restart the drone. Note that the aircraft needs to be placed on a level surface and ensure to follow the onscreen prompts.
2. If the aircraft has crashed, please send the drone to us for testing.

Hey Tony, thanks for trying to help. I was able to complete the calibration once I got back home and was sitting at my office desk. All is good now, thanks!
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 7-24 17:27
Hey Tony, thanks for trying to help. I was able to complete the calibration once I got back home and was sitting at my office desk. All is good now, thanks!

Awesome. I'm glad to know it's working fine. Thank you for the support and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_U32emLYQVW6F
New
Australia

I am having the same problem with my Phantom 4 RTK. The IMU calibration stalls on step 2 of 6. I have tried in 3 different locations, 2 outdoor (concrete, plastic playground flooring) and one indoor. I just updated to the latest firmware today. Any ideas?  The compass calibration also fails due to ‘magnetic interference’ but I don’t see any cause of that at all 3 locations. I calibrated my DJI P4Pro compass in the same room yesterday.
1-20 00:15
Use props
djiuser_U32emLYQVW6F
New
Australia

djiuser_U32emLYQVW6F Posted at 1-20 00:15
I am having the same problem with my Phantom 4 RTK. The IMU calibration stalls on step 2 of 6. I have tried in 3 different locations, 2 outdoor (concrete, plastic playground flooring) and one indoor. I just updated to the latest firmware today. Any ideas?  The compass calibration also fails due to ‘magnetic interference’ but I don’t see any cause of that at all 3 locations. I calibrated my DJI P4Pro compass in the same room yesterday.

I did it!! I think I was not tilting/turning it correctly! Oops! But in my defence the pictures are not very easy to interpret!
1-20 11:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules