949 9 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virusPL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4115955 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Why Satellite and Hybrid map look like this in my DJI RC?

347555715_2104776099726870_372419778481431418_n.jpg
2023-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bottom left of the screen. The maps are served by a third party company (Maptiler & OpenStreetMap).

The quality of the maps is nothing to do with DJI. However, DJI still have to foot the data bill for everyone using their maps. So they're probably going with the cheapest provider, because Google Maps is expensive
2023-7-20
Use props
virusPL
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

But on mobile phone (iPhone) resolution is ok. Problem is only on DJI RC and RC PRO
2023-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virusPL Posted at 7-20 11:10
But on mobile phone (iPhone) resolution is ok. Problem is only on DJI RC and RC PRO

My bet is that the iPhone App uses WebKit, which uses Safari and therefore Apple Maps.

The DJI RC runs Android and they have a choice in who to use, which may give cheaper alternatives.
2023-7-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 7-20 13:11
My bet is that the iPhone App uses WebKit, which uses Safari and therefore Apple Maps.

The DJI RC runs Android and they have a choice in who to use, which may give cheaper alternatives.

Fly on Android phones use Google maps. I have too many free apps with high quality maps to believe it has anything to do with expense.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Our apologies for the trouble. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned on our DJI official website update. Thank you for your understanding.       
2023-7-20
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-20 14:39
Fly on Android phones use Google maps. I have too many free apps with high quality maps to believe it has anything to do with expense.

If you use mapping data from Google beyond a certain threshold (it's not much), the data must be paid for. I'm sure there are apps you use for free which have maps, but they're making money from you in other ways to pay for that data bill from Google.

Remember, if something is free, you are the product.
2023-7-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 7-23 02:26
If you use mapping data from Google beyond a certain threshold (it's not much), the data must be paid for. I'm sure there are apps you use for free which have maps, but they're making money from you in other ways to pay for that data bill from Google.

Remember, if something is free, you are the product.

If you look at "Recommended Zone" or "Fly Spots" the maps are great. Why?
2023-7-23
Use props
virusPL
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

when it will be fixed?
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

virusPL Posted at 8-21 07:15
when it will be fixed?

Thank you for joining the thread. We don't have any estimated time for the resolution of this issue. Rest assured that our relevant team is working on this and will provide you an update once we have the solution. Please stay tuned on our DJI official website for the latest news. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules