Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162615 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all.

I upgraded today to aircraft firmware 01.00.0600 on my Mini 3 Pro and it seems I cant "enable" disable sideways flight for those perfect straight shots (like when flying through buildings on a city street). Anyone else experiencing that issue now? Now when the button is either on (green) or off i can still move left or right.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
https://www.youtube.com/@groovydji

Ray

2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. What flight mode are you using when the issue occurs? Please note that the "Disable Sideways Flight" will only work in Normal mode, when you toggle to C mode or S mode, the aircraft will respond to the roll sticks (i.e., the aircraft can fly to the right or left). In addition, please clarify what RC are you using. Are you using the standard RC-N1 remote? If yes, please reinstall the app on your mobile device and please have a test flight in a different location to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-20
Use props
RayV
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-20 19:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. What flight mode are you using when the issue occurs? Please note that the "Disable Sideways Flight" will only work in Normal mode, when you toggle to C mode or S mode, the aircraft will respond to the roll sticks (i.e., the aircraft can fly to the right or left). In addition, please clarify what RC are you using. Are you using the standard RC-N1 remote? If yes, please reinstall the app on your mobile device and please have a test flight in a different location to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for the quick response. I went out to test today to make sure I was in NORMAL mode and I crashed my drone. Very bad crash. I do not have Care Refresh . Does DJI Repair drones at all? I am willing to pay the cost if its worth it. I rather it be done by DJI than a 3rd party repair shop.

Thanks again in advance.
Ray
2023-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RayV Posted at 7-22 16:39
Thank you for the quick response. I went out to test today to make sure I was in NORMAL mode and I crashed my drone. Very bad crash. I do not have Care Refresh . Does DJI Repair drones at all? I am willing to pay the cost if its worth it. I rather it be done by DJI than a 3rd party repair shop.

Thanks again in advance.

Yes they do https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RayV Posted at 7-22 16:39

Thanks again in advance.

We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened in your unit. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-23
Use props
RayV
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-22 18:12
Yes they do https://repair.dji.com/gb/repair/index

Once again thank you so much for your quick response. Repair request created and my Mini 3 PRO was dropped of at UPS this morning. I am hoping the repair (If possible) wont be expensive. IF repaired I will definitely get the Care Refresh after like I already have on my Mavic Air 2.

Thanks again,
Ray
2023-7-23
Use props
MarkBombard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249455 ft
United States

I have a Mini 3 pro that I just upgraded the firmware to (01.00.0600) and I'm having the same problem.  I can not disable sideways flight no matter what I try.  Can someone help me with this problem?  I never had this problem before upgrading to the latest firmware.  Thanks in advance.
2023-9-8
Use props
RayV
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

MarkBombard Posted at 9-8 18:29
I have a Mini 3 pro that I just upgraded the firmware to (01.00.0600) and I'm having the same problem.  I can not disable sideways flight no matter what I try.  Can someone help me with this problem?  I never had this problem before upgrading to the latest firmware.  Thanks in advance.

I noticed my issue was testing it at very low heights. Try and get nice and high first and then enable/disable and make sure you are in N (normal) mode. Good luck and let us know.
2023-9-8
Use props
Mark Edward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249455 ft
United States

RayV Posted at 9-8 18:42
I noticed my issue was testing it at very low heights. Try and get nice and high first and then enable/disable and make sure you are in N (normal) mode. Good luck and let us know.

Thanks for the reply.  I tried disabling sideways flight at around 40 feet high and still it won't disable.  Hopefully this will be an ongoing issue caused by this upgrade and it will be fixed in a future upgrade.  Dji is very good about that.

Update:  After fully charging both the drone and controller batteries, which were very low when I was experiencing this problem, all seems to be working as it should.  Sideways flight is now disabled.  I'm not sure why that made the difference, but I guess it did.

2023-9-9
Use props
djiuser_Ch0Untr9lBz9
New
Flight distance : 167077 ft
Canada

Mark Edward Posted at 9-9 04:25
Thanks for the reply.  I tried disabling sideways flight at around 40 feet high and still it won't disable.  Hopefully this will be an ongoing issue caused by this upgrade and it will be fixed in a future upgrade.  Dji is very good about that.

I also have an issue with the do not fly sideways. The drone flew sideways even tho the do not fly sideways was enabled and should have disabled sideways motion. Now the button has disappeared from the RC. I have updated firmware for aircraft and RC. Drone is behaving normally otherwise. I have calibrated IMU compass and Gimble and performed sensor calibration using DJI assistant. To no avail. Do not fly sideways does not work and button is not visible under control settings. Where is the do not fly sideways initiated in the RC or the drone ?? Please help I have already crashed because of this. Ie because it suddenly activated sideways flight.
2023-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules