3695 53 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpoczynek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11693 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My left antenna picks where it wants to be.  It does not stay verticle or in any other position.  Help! Video attached.

2023-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you dropped the controller or has it/the-antenna been subjected to force e.g. squashed in a bag etc.?
If the RC Pro antennae are fitted in the same way as those of the P3 controller, the internal 'legs'/catches of the antennae inside the controller are a 'stiff' sliding/rotating fit in the bore of a short 'tube' that is part of the controller's shell. If a "leg" or the "tube" has been cracked then that might lead to what you see.  With that in mind and if confirmed by someone else and if the controller is still under warranty it might be an idea to return the controller for assssment/repair as it might be considered a warranty matter and thus FOC. I was going to suggest a DIY examination of the controller if it is out of warranty but I can not find any dismantling videos for the RC Pro.

If you end up returning it just be sure to remove and memory cards and, if important to you, back up the flight records folder to computer etc..

2023-7-21
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-21 03:10
Have you dropped the controller or has it/the-antenna been subjected to force e.g. squashed in a bag etc.?
If the RC Pro antennae are fitted in the same way as those of the P3 controller, the internal 'legs'/catches of the antennae inside the controller are a 'stiff' sliding/rotating fit in the bore of a short 'tube' that is part of the controller's shell. If a "leg" or the "tube" has been cracked then that might lead to what you see.

Interesting.  Thank you.  The controller has not been dropped.  This problem just "appeared" yesterday.  Thanks for your help, regardless.  Cheers.
2023-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I added some afterthoughts to the other post.
2023-7-21
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-21 03:23
I added some afterthought to the other post.

Thank you.  I really hate to send it back to DJI, but it may be the only option.  This is the second remote with issues and I also had a bad Samsung 256GB card.
2023-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully you discovered the card fault in testing before you used it.
2023-7-21
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-21 03:33
Hopefully you discovered the card fault in testing before you used it.

Not that lucky.  Brought it home, and it was DEAD!
2023-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mpoczynek Posted at 7-21 03:34
Not that lucky.  Brought it home, and it was DEAD!

Ah, I run h2testw on all new to me cards irrespective of where they are from. Mind you 256G would probably take my computer about 6 hours for the combined write and read, it is a 'bit' of a slow test though you can I think break it down into separate write and then subsequent read test. I have not experimented to see if the write test can be sub divided. It writes sequentially named files to the available free space on the card and two or more partial writes might create multiple #1, #2 etc. files, which might confuse the read test, .......  interesting question.
2023-7-21
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-21 05:32
Ah, I run h2testw on all new to me cards irrespective of where they are from. Mind you 256G would probably take my computer about 6 hours for the combined write and read, it is a 'bit' of a slow test though you can I think break it down into separate write and then subsequent read test. I have not experimented to see if the write test can be sub divided. It writes sequentially named files to the available free space on the card and two or more partial writes might create multiple #1, #2 etc. files, which might confuse the read test, .......  interesting question.

Thank you.  Good advice.  Have a nice day!
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experienced. You may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC Pro controller I got with my Mavic 3 Pro Cine had exact same problem right out of the box..   I sent it in, they fixed it and returned it. It was a spring in there.

2023-7-22
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 17:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experienced. You may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.  I was hoping I did not have to do this.  This is the third return with the same Mavic 3 Pro Order.  A bad battery in the original remote, a bad memory card, and now this.  
2023-7-22
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

TonyPHX Posted at 7-22 02:26
The RC Pro controller I got with my Mavic 3 Pro Cine had exact same problem right out of the box..   I sent it in, they fixed it and returned it. It was a spring in there.

Thank you.  I will do.  Have a nice day!
2023-7-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 7-22 02:26

Do you by any chance have a photo of the spring etc.? I like to see how things are put together.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 7-22 02:50
Thank you.  I was hoping I did not have to do this.  This is the third return with the same Mavic 3 Pro Order.  A bad battery in the original remote, a bad memory card, and now this.

Our sincere apologies for the issue. We will surely handle this issue on your controller properly at our repair facility once we receive the unit.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-23
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-23 06:09
Our sincere apologies for the issue. We will surely handle this issue on your controller properly at our repair facility once we receive the unit.  Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.  Now onto the third controller. I hope that the design will improve based on these returns.  Thanks for the message and have a great day!
2023-7-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-22 11:59
Do you by any chance have a photo of the spring etc.? I like to see how things are put together.

I do have a couple of extra new left and right antennas I ordered from Cloud City Drones.  When I find where I stored them, I'll take a picture for you.  
2023-7-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 7-23 11:23
I do have a couple of extra new left and right antennas I ordered from Cloud City Drones.  When I find where I stored them, I'll take a picture for you.

Are you sure that "stored" is the correct terminology? I use "safe place"
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 7-23 06:10
Thank you.  Now onto the third controller. I hope that the design will improve based on these returns.  Thanks for the message and have a great day!

You are most welcome. Wish you have a wonderful day too, mpoczynek.
2023-7-24
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

TonyPHX Posted at 7-23 11:23

Thank you.  It is appreciated.
2023-7-24
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 17:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experienced. You may consider sending the RC in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Can I send JUST the remote in, or do I need to send the entire kit?
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 7-24 05:05
Can I send JUST the remote in, or do I need to send the entire kit?

Hi there. No need to send the entire kit. Sending just the RC Pro should be fine if it's just an issue with the antenna. Also, make sure to not send any 3rd-party accessories or devices (e.g. SD cards). Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 00:44
Hi there. No need to send the entire kit. Sending just the RC Pro should be fine if it's just an issue with the antenna. Also, make sure to not send any 3rd-party accessories or devices (e.g. SD cards). Have a great day ahead.

Thank you.  On its way today!  Cheers!
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 7-25 02:01
Thank you.  On its way today!  Cheers!

No problem. Awesome. Thank you for your valued support and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 7-25 02:03
No problem. Awesome. Thank you for your valued support and have a great day ahead.

Thank you.
2023-7-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I only sent in the RC PRo.  They turned it around the next day.  All in, it was not a bad experience.  These things happen in shipping.
2023-7-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-22 11:59

Sean, I can't find my RC Pro spare parts.  If you check out Cloud City Drones they have RC Pro controller parts and can probably find the exact assembly with the spring.  
2023-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Tony ..
2023-7-25
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

TonyPHX Posted at 7-25 18:36
I only sent in the RC PRo.  They turned it around the next day.  All in, it was not a bad experience.  These things happen in shipping.

I just shipped it UPS yesterday.  We shall see.  THANKS!
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a good one!
2023-7-27
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 05:59
You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a good one!

Will do thanks.
2023-7-27
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

UPDATE:  In a very timely fashion (my compliments to DJI), have diagnosed the problem as "parts with detailed cosmetic damage," as the picture shows, and my unit is on its way back to me.  Thanks, DJI.  If there is anything more, I will post here.

2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 7-29 03:17
UPDATE:  In a very timely fashion (my compliments to DJI), have diagnosed the problem as "parts with detailed cosmetic damage," as the picture shows, and my unit is on its way back to me.  Thanks, DJI.  If there is anything more, I will post here.

[view_image]

Awesome. I'm glad your concern was handled very well. We appreciate your feedback, mpoczynek. You can always contact us for DJI support at https://www.dji.com/ca/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-29
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 7-29 03:38
Awesome. I'm glad your concern was handled very well. We appreciate your feedback, mpoczynek. You can always contact us for DJI support at https://www.dji.com/ca/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you.  Have a great day!
2023-7-29
Use props
Pedro Correa Photography
lvl.1
United States

Just received the mavic pro 3 cine for Christmas today, and my right antenna is doing that. Haven't even turned on anything. But the right antenna just drops down to the folding position.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pedro Correa Photography Posted at 12-25 14:19
Just received the mavic pro 3 cine for Christmas today, and my right antenna is doing that. Haven't even turned on anything. But the right antenna just drops down to the folding position.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We kindly suggest sending the remote controller back for inspection. We assure you that we will provide you with comprehensive after-sales services. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.
2023-12-25
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 21:47
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We kindly suggest sending the remote controller back for inspection. We assure you that we will provide you with comprehensive after-sales services. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.

It's quite a disappointment.  I had to send my remote back three times from brand new for the following reasons:

- antenna sagging
- battery would not charge
- screen went blank and was not usable

Now all is good.  On to remote #4.

Good luck!
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 12-26 04:17
It's quite a disappointment.  I had to send my remote back three times from brand new for the following reasons:

- antenna sagging

Sorry, you had to return the remote multiple times. Rest assured you can always reach us if you need further assistance. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-12-27
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-27 00:16
Sorry, you had to return the remote multiple times. Rest assured you can always reach us if you need further assistance. We appreciate your valued support.

2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 12-27 03:56

You are most welcome. You too have a great day ahead.
2023-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules