RC PRO Antenna will not stay in position
3910 53 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Correa Photography
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue. Brand new off the box, Sent it in, they sent a new drone back etc since I was told to ship everything. And the one I got back again, same antenna problem. The drone it's a different one since it is a different serial number. The controller I don't know what the old serial was but I feel like this is the same controller they sent back. For an item that costs $5k it is ridiculous that 2 units I am having the same issue. I just got it back, I don't  want to send it again to be without a drone for another week plus.
1-12 11:24
Use props
Pedro Correa Photography
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-25 21:47
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We kindly suggest sending the remote controller back for inspection. We assure you that we will provide you with comprehensive after-sales services. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.

I sent it in, it came back, still doing the same thing. Such an expensive item and quality is not the greatest.
1-12 11:26
Use props
djiuser_TrB0W8yZSUyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23671 ft
United States

Same issue, controller came with my M3E purchased in Sept 2023. Left antenna significantly worse but I assume the right will eventually get just as bad.
1-23 09:11
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also having the same problem with a relatively new RC Pro.  I store mine in a form fitting hardcase and probably have around 10 hours on the device.  I can't image a more gentle use case.  DJI clearly has a failure in the design of the antenna that they need to address.
1-26 11:13
Use props
derclaudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121076 ft
Austria

Same problem on my RC Pro from Mavic 3Pro Cine. Left antenna is loose. @djiservice: Is there any workaround or way to fix it by myself? People buy this drone mostly not for fun. I use it for business mostly. Really disappointing to ground the whole drone system only because of a loose antenna. Or is there any way to report the problem, but send it in, when there is no business need for the drone? even if it‘s after warranty? bought it dec 2023 in austria.
2-4 03:52
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Thanks for starting this thread.

I've had this problem for two maybe three months now and I'm just now sitting down to find an answer or remedy for the drooping antenna. Mine is the right antenna.
2-5 19:26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 2-5 19:26
Thanks for starting this thread.

I've had this problem for two maybe three months now and I'm just now sitting down to find an answer or remedy for the drooping antenna. Mine is the right antenna.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We kindly suggest sending the remote controller back for inspection. We assure you that we will provide you with comprehensive after-sales services. Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.
2-5 20:57
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11693 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 20:57
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We kindly suggest sending the remote controller back for inspection. We assure you that we will provide you with comprehensive after-sales services. Thank you for your understanding and unwavering support.

In an effort to eliminate downtime for the people who are using these drones for commercial purposes, is there some way that the parts can be supplied and the remote can be user-repaired?
2-6 03:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpoczynek Posted at 2-6 03:33
In an effort to eliminate downtime for the people who are using these drones for commercial purposes, is there some way that the parts can be supplied and the remote can be user-repaired?

Hi there. mpoczynek. Antennae or functional parts that need dismantling cannot be supplied separately. It is suggested to send the unit back for repair.
2-6 03:48
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 03:48
Hi there. mpoczynek. Antennae or functional parts that need dismantling cannot be supplied separately. It is suggested to send the unit back for repair.

Already done that.  DJI was very good at turning things around.  Thank you.
2-6 03:57
Use props
noki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1590863 ft
  • >>>
France

Thanks a lot for posting about your problem.
I'm having the same issue.

I will send my controller back on Monday.

I'm really thankful for internet sharing stuffs.
3-30 04:22
Use props
mpoczynek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

noki Posted at 3-30 04:22

My pleasure.  Good luck with the exchange.  I have found that DJI is great at turn around times.  Have a great day!
3-30 06:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

noki Posted at 3-30 04:22

Hello, Noki. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Rest assured that our team will diagnose the issue on your controller thoroughly at our service center and provide you updates on your email within the next 24-48 hours after receiving the unit. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of the RC. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
3-30 19:41
Use props
Ron B Fly
lvl.1
Canada

Pedro Correa Photography Posted at 1-12 11:26
I sent it in, it came back, still doing the same thing. Such an expensive item and quality is not the greatest.

Have DJI sent a fix out to us so that we avoid being without drone service for a while.
4-25 08:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules