Avata - EU certification
12Next >
9446 58 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

Anyone knows if DJI plans to get a EU Certification for the Avata? Otherwise it will be in category A3 in 2024 with too many restrictions.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sunshadow. Let me confirm this with our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we received an update. Thank you.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. As per our relevant team, we currently don't have information about this yet. Please rest assured that we will pay attention to this issue and we will formulate corresponding plans in a timely manner based on regulatory requirements. Please wait for any updates on our official websites. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-7-22
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-22 04:10
Thank you for patiently waiting. As per our relevant team, we currently don't have information about this yet. Please rest assured that we will pay attention to this issue and we will formulate corresponding plans in a timely manner based on regulatory requirements. Please wait for any updates on our official websites. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Ok, please keep in mind that only 5 months are left. Otherwise many european customers will be very disappointed. An update about the progress on the website would be nice.
2023-7-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

i also hope DJI will add EU certification.....
2023-7-23
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

BadBert Posted at 7-23 23:41
i also hope DJI will add EU certification.....

Yes, maybe they could aim for C2 by adding a slow fly mode. Then we just need the A2 drone license.
2023-7-24
Use props
fansec97bfb6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 710125 ft
Italy

I guess that many, like me that are planning to buy the Avata, will wait to see what will happen with the certification. To be Classified in A3 is a little disappointing, the good thing about the Avata is also to fly in and out of buildings, which in 2024 in theory you are not allowed anymore to do it because if in A3 we have to stay at least 150m away from buildings
2023-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

I hope they will postpone deadline again
2023-7-24
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

fansec97bfb6 Posted at 7-24 08:42
I guess that many, like me that are planning to buy the Avata, will wait to see what will happen with the certification. To be Classified in A3 is a little disappointing, the good thing about the Avata is also to fly in and out of buildings, which in 2024 in theory you are not allowed anymore to do it because if in A3 we have to stay at least 150m away from buildings

A1 category will be unrealistic because of the max speed of 19m/s with C1 certification. But A2/C2 would be possible if DJI adds a low speed mode with 3m/s.
2023-7-24
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

fateofangel Posted at 7-24 10:49
I hope they will postpone deadline again

I also hope they do.... but i am affraid they are not going to

if the avata is not in the a2/c2 category , the whole purpose of the drone is gone....
2023-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i found list like this
https://eudroneport.com/blog/list-of-certified-drones/
not sure if it is updated
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sunshadow Posted at 7-22 05:01
Ok, please keep in mind that only 5 months are left. Otherwise many european customers will be very disappointed. An update about the progress on the website would be nice.

That will be noted, Sunshadow. Thank you for your reminder. Have a safe flight always.
2023-7-24
Use props
leom.bx
New
Germany

Thank you for patiently waiting. As per our relevant team, we currently don't have information about this yet. Please rest assured that we will pay attention to this issue and we will formulate corresponding plans in a timely manner based on regulatory requirements. Please wait for any updates on our official websites. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi, thanks for your efforts! Is there any update so far? As this certification heavily affects buying decisions, it would be amazing to have some information if this is planned at all or if DJI will just release a new (maybe lighter) model. And there are just 2 1/2 months left . Thanks & Best!
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_4dupAFvmujPq
lvl.1

Germany

An Update would be awesome..
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_R0qgUVFGG7K5
lvl.1

Germany

Any updates, @DJI Gamora ?
2023-11-8
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

Well, untill the 31th of decembre 2023 the Avata can be flown in te EU in A1, as it weights less than 500g, and you need Registration and A1/A3 license. You can´t fly over people. From 1st january 2024, the thing will be an A3 drone, thus you have to fly basically in the middle of nowhere, with Registration and A1/A3 license...

If the Avata is updated and get de C1 Class, it requires a max speed of 19 m/s, instead of 27 m/s, but you can fly as a C1 drone (basically like a C0 but you can´t fly over people).

Considering all limitations, we EU drone pilots are pretty fucked anyway...
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_R0qgUVFGG7K5
lvl.1

Germany

Indeed, if the drone isn't certified by the deadline in January, it will no longer be of any value to me. Thankfully, I found out I can make a return by January 31. Sadly, this isn't an alternative for everyone, and that's quite unfortunate. Flying this drone in A3 is just too sluggish for anyone's liking.
2023-11-9
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

Time is running away. I'm not sure if radio silence is a good sign. I really hope for A2/C2 certification.
2023-11-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

A3 rule :
at least 150 metres from residential, commercial, industrial or recreational areas;

You can't say it's in the middle of nowhere. Then in general FPV is not done in the middle of the street.

Then if it's for professional reasons, you still have the STS. So guys, please, stop whining.

2023-11-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Then there is this kind of statement on the EASA website which certainly does not facilitate the certification of FPV drones.

But have at least one of you written to EASA for clarification? It would certainly be more productive than coming here to complain.

Because I don't see anything really restrictive for FPV in the 947.

1.JPG

Drone racing and flying a drone with goggles - First Person View (FPV) | EASA (europa.eu)

2023-11-9
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-9 10:53
A3 rule :
at least 150 metres from residential, commercial, industrial or recreational areas;

You forgot to mention 150m away from uninvolved people! This is the main problem! BTW, I am not complaining or whining. No need for this offense here.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_R0qgUVFGG7K5
lvl.1

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-9 10:53
A3 rule :

Oh, so expressing concerns is whining now? Let’s cut through that: forums exist for a reason, and it’s not to pat each other on the back over rules that clip our wings. I got the DJI drone thinking I snagged a slick deal — an FPV experience in a pint-sized package. Yet here we are, stuck treating this "Mini Pro" like it’s an albatross that can only take flight a stone's throw away from nowhere.

Value for money, where's it at? Shelling out premium dough for DJI and for what? A drone that demands the same open space as any rig you’d build with an Air Unit slapped on it. No carbon finesse, just the bare bones and a price tag that smacks of daylight robbery. And sure, the accessories are neat, but what’s the use if you can’t take off without heading out on a pilgrimage to the great beyond?

It’s a letdown, plain and simple. DJI needs to step up and get their act together for the EU market. If not, they’re losing their edge — the unique selling point is fizzling out. And someone please explain to me why, with all these rules, anyone in Europe would bother with this drone anymore?
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_R0qgUVFGG7K5
lvl.1

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-9 10:59
Then there is this kind of statement on the EASA website which certainly does not facilitate the certification of FPV drones.

But have at least one of you written to EASA for clarification? It would certainly be more productive than coming here to complain.

We need a visual observer for any class, which is a clear nod to the recognition of FPV by the authorities. I'd wager they're fully aware of FPV activities; otherwise, they'd have outright banned them in the lower classes. It's probably those beastly FPVs that were on their mind.

But let's talk about reaching out to EASA for 'clarifications.' Where do we draw the line? EASA's made it producer's headache to get certifications, not the consumer's. Why should I, the buyer, have to knock on EASA's door to clear the fog they left? It's like telling me to build and certify my own drones.

And for DJI's 'timely plans based on regulatory requirements,' many of us have been strung along with that line for over a year. 'Please wait for any updates on our official websites.' They have waited. The market's clearly here, yet here we are, parsing through regulations, playing backyard philosopher, trying to figure out what's allowed. It's high time producers stepped up their game instead of leaving us in this regulatory limbo.
2023-11-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Once again a dialogue with users who do not fully understand what is written in the law. You have only retained what suits you.

Well let's go, DJI please, do what is necessary to obtain the label.

And all of you comrades, please don't forget to post a photo of the face you're going to make when you will realize that the performance of your machine has been limited to meet the regulations. Speed in particular.

Exactly the same thing happened with the Mini Users. They wanted a C0 label, they got it, now the machines are limited to 120m from the take-off point and they are crying to have a C1. DJI did a procedure to remove the C0 but as a result the drone falls to A3. They promised to do what was necessary to move them into C1...

150m from uninvolved people.. I didn't even bother to mention it because from my point of view whatever the classification of the drone it makes sense. What kind of irresponsible person has an interest in doing FPV where there are people? I'm talking about "freestyle" FPV, the design objective of a drone like the Avata.

The law was made to provide a framework for the start of the proliferation of drones in 2014-2015. Particularly for FPV, freestyle and long-range which cause the most nuisance. So FPV men, you are nice, but perhaps we should think about making ourselves very small. In Germany, you are not going to make me believe that there is no club, association, benefiting from private land, industrial site... where the practice of FPV is regulated and perfectly legal.

2023-11-9
Use props
M3 pro goggles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63963 ft
Portugal

Any news for avata EU certification after 1 jan 2024?
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser213
New

Israel

Can anyone help with getting declaration of conformity for DJI Avata Explorer (With Integra goggles) ?
I need the declaration not include the following standard :  EN 301 893 V2.1.1 (the pdf published on DJI website does include it)

Thanks
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser213 Posted at 11-28 00:07
Can anyone help with getting declaration of conformity for DJI Avata Explorer (With Integra goggles) ?
I need the declaration not include the following standard :  EN 301 893 V2.1.1 (the pdf published on DJI website does include it)

Hi there. You may check the link below to find the document that you need. If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/euro-compliance/dji-fpv
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser213
New

Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 04:57
Hi there. You may check the link below to find the document that you need. If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/euro-compliance/dji-fpv

The link you sent includes declaration contains wrong standard I wish not to appear EN 301 893 V2.1.1
I need the same declaration but without the standard (EN 301 893 V2.1.1).

Can you please send? Thanks
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser213 Posted at 11-28 05:42
The link you sent includes declaration contains wrong standard I wish not to appear EN 301 893 V2.1.1
I need the same declaration but without the standard (EN 301 893 V2.1.1).

Thank you for your response. We have forwarded this request to our relevant team to check if this is available. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ZYfzMSEdO1AK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9911 ft
Czechia

Thank you for patiently waiting. As per our relevant team, we currently don't have information about this yet. Please rest assured that we will pay attention to this issue and we will formulate corresponding plans in a timely manner based on regulatory requirements. Please wait for any updates on our official websites. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Any new updates about the Avata certification? There are only 3 weeks before new EU certification rules…
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_TDLySdspUuzw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66729 ft

Netherlands

djiuser_ZYfzMSEdO1AK Posted at 12-11 00:53
Any new updates about the Avata certification? There are only 3 weeks before new EU certification rules…

I hear there will be no certification and your avatar wil go to A3
nice Dji sel the with 30% discount now
you wil be f#ced in 3 wk's
2023-12-13
Use props
M3 pro goggles
lvl.2
Portugal

silence...where is the EU certification for the avata?
2023-12-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

M3 pro goggles Posted at 12-21 08:24
silence...where is the EU certification for the avata?

Is FPV allowed in A1 in your country?
2023-12-21
Use props
Sunshadow
lvl.2

Germany

Also still waiting. At least an answer would be nice...
2023-12-21
Use props
M3 pro goggles
lvl.2
Portugal

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-21 08:28
Is FPV allowed in A1 in your country?
until December 31, 2023 Avata flies in A1 <500g (c1 label in 2024 was nice).
2023-12-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

M3 pro goggles Posted at 12-21 08:37
until December 31, 2023 Avata flies in A1
That wasn't my question.
In my country yes the avata falls into this category. As soon as you put on FPV goggles, A3 is mandatory.
2023-12-21
Use props
M3 pro goggles
lvl.2
Portugal

Yap, its true.
2023-12-21
Use props
djiuser_v4IqRplBEXtT
New

Germany

Any updates? One more week to go. Otherwise I will also need to return it now which would be a shame. I really like flying this thing
2023-12-23
Use props
Adrian Baqueiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92526 ft
Portugal

I bought it with the discount but when I see this I'm going to return it, it's a shame it was my first fpv drone
2023-12-27
Use props
AW81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164436 ft
Sweden

Any updates here? Or any sort of roadmap/yay/nay?
1-2 12:03
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules