RTK Questions
684 0 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

I'm just using the DJI RTK-2 for the first time, and having a lot of difficulties. All of this is in a wide-open grassy park.
First, for clarity, since I'm new to this:
1) If you were to use the RTK-2 to position your drone in the exact same routes day-after-day for, say, a long-term timelapse, down to that famous centimeter-level positioning, would you need to set the RTK-2 up in the exact same spot each day? Maybe it's naïve of me, but it feels like the whole point of it is that you shouldn't have to.

2) (Using Repeatable Routes) according to my tests, it does seem that if I shut everything down and move the RTK in between flights (maybe 5' in a westward direction), it doesn't necessary change the drone's positioning equally- it might do something like 20' south east.

3) If I do keep the exact same location for the RTK-2, by marking it and coming back to it weeks later, can I be sure that it will align my repeatable routes exactly? Even if I fly other missions elsewhere with it?

Now for things that seem faulty:

4) In Waypoints, the RTK status seems to be stuck in Converging for a seemlingly random amount of time until it decides it's connected. Sometimes after 80% of the battery is drained while the drone is in the air.

5) I can never get the RTK to connect while the drone is on the ground. As a result, I can't takeoff without disabling the RTK until I'm in the air. According to other forums, this seems to be common, but a malfunction nonetheless. Any advice?

6) When in the air, after enabling the RTK, I often can't get the positioning or orientation to change to FIX. I've tried hovering still for ten minutes at a time, moving closer to the anternna, moving further away... it seems to just work when it wants to.

I know I still have a bit of understanding to do with this, but it does seem that after being out for years, DJI could've fixed some of these issues that seem to be common on the forums.

2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules