Timelapse / Hyperlapse / Interval Shooting?
2768 21 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

Is there a timelapse / hyperlapse / interval shooting mode on the I3? I can't find it. It would suck if after $20-something-K I'd have to do all timelapses as 25-minute long 8K videos.

If there is, can you do this with waypoints? I know you can have the drone take an image at a certain waypoint, but I've read there is a max cap of waypoints of 99 per route, so that's not a very long timelapse.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Philamedia. Thank you for reaching out. Inspire 3 doesn't support Hyperlapse. This feature is supported mainly by the Consumer Series drones. Inspire 3  is a professional camera drone delivering an enhanced aerial cinematography experience.
2023-7-21
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-21 17:06
Hi, Philamedia. Thank you for reaching out. Inspire 3 doesn't support Hyperlapse. This feature is supported mainly by the Consumer Series drones. Inspire 3  is a professional camera drone delivering an enhanced aerial cinematography experience.

This is so terrible.

First, it is partly wrong. Using S&Q mode you can shoot hyperlapses with waypoints on the I3. Of course it doesn’t give you all the useful info that, for example, the Mavic 3 does, but you can do it.

But more importantly these are features that could be so easily implemented on the I3. They are available on *every* other modern DJI drone.

Hyperlapse and bracketed photos are part of any pro drone user’s repertoire.

Please forward the request to have these basic functions added to the I3.
2023-7-21
Use props
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI Gamora,

Usually with more expensive drones, you get more functionality, not less. Plus, one of the features this touts is the ability to do "long-duration timelapses" (It says that on the website). So, you can imagine my disappointment when it doesn't even support regular timelapses.

This isn't the Enterprise or the Thermal, where it makes sense to take away those features (even though they're more expensive) because they're for construction or agriculture. Like Fines Aerial says, hyperlapse and bracketed photos are part of any pro user's repertoire- timelapse capability should certainly fall under "enhanced aerial cinematography."

I'm honestly stunned that after spending $25,000 I can't shoot a damn timelapse except for S&Q. This drone may get returned, because I bought it for a project that depends on timelapse.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 7-21 18:55
This is so terrible.

First, it is partly wrong. Using S&Q mode you can shoot hyperlapses with waypoints on the I3. Of course it doesn’t give you all the useful info that, for example, the Mavic 3 does, but you can do it.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, Fines Aerial. Rest assured that we will forward this as a suggestion of yours to our relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Philamedia Posted at 7-22 04:17
Hey DJI Gamora,

Usually with more expensive drones, you get more functionality, not less. Plus, one of the features this touts is the ability to do "long-duration timelapses" (It says that on the website). So, you can imagine my disappointment when it doesn't even support regular timelapses.

We're sorry for the inconvenience as well. We suggest checking the specs first before buying them to see if they will be suitable for your flight mission. But rest assured that we have forwarded your suggestions to our relevant team for their potential. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-7-24
Use props
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

Either way, I'm sure this would be easy to implement on DJI's end. And I hear you, but I'm sure you can see why it feels surprising... from the I3 website:
2023-7-25
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the record, hyper-lapses are used in Hollywood films and TV shows. I even did one for an HBO series show once, and I had to use the Mavic at the time to do it because the Inspire 2 wasn't stable enough. We now have a relatively stable Inspire 3. Can we please recognize a feature such as this is also a 'Pro' feature that Inspire pilots would like to see? We don't need the drone to build the hyper lapse in camera. We just want the ability to automate it and create the DNGs for us to 'professionally' build in post production. Same goes for Auto Exposure Bracketing and Burst mode for photographers. These are professional features we don't currently have. At least with the Inspire 2, we had an SDK so we could get some of these features using Litchi, but now we've lost that. Please DJI, see the value in this.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ScooterC5 Posted at 7-25 18:56
For the record, hyper-lapses are used in Hollywood films and TV shows. I even did one for an HBO series show once, and I had to use the Mavic at the time to do it because the Inspire 2 wasn't stable enough. We now have a relatively stable Inspire 3. Can we please recognize a feature such as this is also a 'Pro' feature that Inspire pilots would like to see? We don't need the drone to build the hyper lapse in camera. We just want the ability to automate it and create the DNGs for us to 'professionally' build in post production. Same goes for Auto Exposure Bracketing and Burst mode for photographers. These are professional features we don't currently have. At least with the Inspire 2, we had an SDK so we could get some of these features using Litchi, but now we've lost that. Please DJI, see the value in this.

Hi, ScooterC5. We'll take these as suggestions of yours and we'll forward them as well to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-1
Use props
SH PROD
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-1 07:45
Hi, ScooterC5. We'll take these as suggestions of yours and we'll forward them as well to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

We professionally need to have the ability to replay the trajectories in real time and in hyperlapse so that it coordinates perfectly with the RTK, please do the update, we have paid for that

Cheers
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SH PROD Posted at 8-6 13:46
Hi Gamora,

We professionally need to have the ability to replay the trajectories in real time and in hyperlapse so that it coordinates perfectly with the RTK, please do the update, we have paid for that  

Hi, SH PROD. We understand your concern. Rest assured that this has been forwarded as a suggestion. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-8
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 946362 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-8 07:43
Hi, SH PROD. We understand your concern. Rest assured that this has been forwarded as a suggestion. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora,

I am in the market for the Inspire 3, I own a Mavic 3 Pro Cine and need the Inspire 3 for my expanding drone business. The one letdown as I'm seeing here is the lack of hyperlapse (timelapse).

This is absolutely a professional ability, and one of the big reasons I would upgrade from the mavic 3 line was for RTK capabilities. With RTK and timelapse I could more accurately take hyperlapse day to night aerials. Currently with GPS only on the mavic 3 its near impossible to line it up well in waypoints, it never lines up well.

PLEASE forward this onto the engineers, professionals need this tool to create. We don't need it to edit it, we just need it to spit out the raw dng files.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T
lvl.1

Sweden

We owns the I3, and sure miss both hyperlapse AND interval photo (with DNG!) as well as any other intelligent photo mode and ways to simplify ways for a single pilot. When you’re in the DJI hemisphere of work modes, you expect nothing less from the King. Because this should be the King, not just the big cousin from the countryside ;)
Also spoken to curious pro colleagues where this is a dealbreaker. Should say everything.
2023-10-6
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BHaRFH4NrN8T Posted at 10-6 21:34
We owns the I3, and sure miss both hyperlapse AND interval photo (with DNG!) as well as any other intelligent photo mode and ways to simplify ways for a single pilot. When you’re in the DJI hemisphere of work modes, you expect nothing less from the King. Because this should be the King, not just the big cousin from the countryside ;)
Also spoken to curious pro colleagues where this is a dealbreaker. Should say everything.

IT ABSOLUTELY is a deal breaker. Hyperlapse, and AEB, and burst photo is so necessary!
2023-10-10
Use props
warwickajonesgmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I've just come here to say PLEASE ADD HYPERLAPSE TO THE INSPIRE 3!!!
2023-10-19
Use props
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-8 07:43

Are there any updates on this? Is this in development? Really disappointing the lack of support for one of your most expensive products.
2023-11-2
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Philamedia Posted at 11-2 04:34
Are there any updates on this? Is this in development? Really disappointing the lack of support for one of your most expensive products.

Hoping we can get a response from DJI soon. It's gotten very quite on these forums...
2023-11-3
Use props
ManuInspire2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

People have died waiting for DJI fixing problems or implementing features..
As a panorama photographer, I had to keep my loved P4P because it can shoot awesome panorama or 180 degrees or spherical photos..
2023-11-4
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really hate these responses from DJI that implies such features as hyper lapses are not for professional tools like the Inspire 3. Are you aware that hyper lapses are used in many movies and TV shows? I've done many for TV shows and actually had to resort to using a Mavic 2 Pro in the past to do these because it was much more stable than the Inspire 2 at the time, and it also was supported by Litchi which the Mavic 3 is not since it has no SDK (unless you buy the enterprise version but then you don't have frame rate options). Please change your stance on this DJI. Hyperlapses and other pano features like 360 are much needed and wanted across the professional community and many Inspire 3 users have asked for this already. Listen to your customers please.
2023-11-5
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 11-5 13:04
I really hate these responses from DJI that implies such features as hyper lapses are not for professional tools like the Inspire 3. Are you aware that hyper lapses are used in many movies and TV shows? I've done many for TV shows and actually had to resort to using a Mavic 2 Pro in the past to do these because it was much more stable than the Inspire 2 at the time, and it also was supported by Litchi which the Mavic 3 is not since it has no SDK (unless you buy the enterprise version but then you don't have frame rate options). Please change your stance on this DJI. Hyperlapses and other pano features like 360 are much needed and wanted across the professional community and many Inspire 3 users have asked for this already. Listen to your customers please.

Yes agreed, there is no excuse for the I3 lacking a hyperlapse option.  The I3 engineers need to get with the program and realize that this drone is owned more by consumer drone hobbyists than it is used on film sets.

They seem to have lost touch with their customers as well as reality.  Pls come out of your bubble DJI and listen to the people.

Where is the hyperlapse? Where is the 85mm 2.8 lens already?  Where is the autofocus feature?  Where are the custom buttons that can give us quick access to 4.1k 30 fps S&Q 120 fps?!
2023-11-5
Use props
Philamedia
lvl.1
United States

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet! New firmware with timelapse added.

2023-11-25
Use props
fans1fce5ca9
lvl.2

United States

Philamedia Posted at 2023-11-25 20:15
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet! New firmware with timelapse added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csmTHxnM8Y
It looks to me like they just added a simple interval timer.  I need a better system for hyperlapse then the mavic 3 has before I even think about investing 25k into the inspire 3.  This hyperlapse system needs to include all the features that the mavic 3 system has, waypoint Timelapse, path Timelapse, etc but needs to tap seamlessly into the DJI Rtk system for more precise moves.  The way this system could be updated beyond the mavic 3 would implement the ability to set ramping on the start and stop of the timelapse so the shot smoothly accelerates or de accelerates.   Add ramping to mavic 3 too!  Just make it so you set the number of frames to ramp up speed before starting the shot!   It would also be amazing if this new hyperlapse system had a smart tracking feature.  When you go to shoot a hyperlapse in the same area you shot one before it would give you a list of shots to repeat in the near vicinity.  These shots should be clearly displayed in high res thumbnails on the controlle.
1-20 04:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules