Mavic Air 2 Batteries Won't Charge
691 7 2023-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nieto
lvl.2
United States

I have two DJI Mavic Air 2 drone batteries out of my four that won't charge.  They are about five years old but probably only have about 30 charge cycles.  I had not used the drone since last fall so the battery charge was really low (no lights blink when check the status).  I tried charging all four and only two returned to good use.  I read somewhere that they can get into some form of hibernation mode after not being used for a long time.   I have the charger that allows up to four batteries at a time to charge - I forget the name.  The charger status light goes between green and red.  Do you know how to get the battery to charge?

2023-7-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try charging one at a time. For several hours.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Kindly please follow Mobilehomer suggestion above by charging the two batteries one by one for approximately 3-4 hours each and check if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue, I'm afraid that you may need to purchase a new battery as we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-22
Use props
nieto
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-22 14:53
Try charging one at a time. For several hours.

I have left both batteries on the chargers for a day or two. Nothing. Can’t I wake it up?  Why would it fail like this because of discharge for a long time?
2023-7-22
Use props
nieto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-22 15:10
Hi. We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. Kindly please follow Mobilehomer suggestion above by charging the two batteries one by one for approximately 3-4 hours each and check if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue, I'm afraid that you may need to purchase a new battery as we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

I have left both batteries on the charger for a day or two. Nothing. Can’t I wake it up?  Why would it fail like this because of discharge for a long time?  Seems like a poor design. Please explain what happened. However, I tried them together. I will try individually but don’t understand what difference it would make. If I can recall when I purchased them they were discharged. How did they charge then ok?
2023-7-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

nieto Posted at 7-22 17:36
I have left both batteries on the chargers for a day or two. Nothing. Can’t I wake it up?  Why would it fail like this because of discharge for a long time?

One at a time or both at the same time. It does make a difference.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

nieto Posted at 7-22 17:39
I have left both batteries on the charger for a day or two. Nothing. Can’t I wake it up?  Why would it fail like this because of discharge for a long time?  Seems like a poor design. Please explain what happened. However, I tried them together. I will try individually but don’t understand what difference it would make. If I can recall when I purchased them they were discharged. How did they charge then ok?

Thank you for your response. In this case, we highly recommend you purchase a new set of batteries as we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-7-24
Use props
nieto
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-22 18:12
One at a time or both at the same time. It does make a difference.

I tried charging just one battery for the last two days with no good results. If they went into hibernate mode, isn’t there a sequence to get them out?  Doesn’t make sense a battery even though five years old can go bad when it only has about 30 charge cycles if that. I have four batteries and two went down this path.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules