RC Pro & Air 2s toggling between video and photo
829 8 2023-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jlightfield
lvl.1
United States

I would like to switch between the photo and video modes for the camera. The camera button the RC PRO controller does not seem to do that in flight. When not it will switch from video to photo but not back. Am I missing something obvious here?
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jlightfield. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide the firmware version of the drone and RC Pro and the camera parameters for further checking? If you could also provide a screen recording/video showing the issue that will be much appreciated.
2023-7-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I think you're asking if there's a way to make one of the customizable switches a dedicated still/video toggle - is this correct? I don't think this is possible - I can't find it as one of the options available. In DJI Fly, while connected to your drone, go to the controls section, near the bottom is a section where you can set what the various customizable switches do. None for camera mode unfortunately. Note that there are actually 6 shooting modes available.
2023-7-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It takes two presses. One to change, the second to start recording/take picture.
2023-7-23
Use props
Jlightfield
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-23 10:09
Hi, Jlightfield. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide the firmware version of the drone and RC Pro and the camera parameters for further checking? If you could also provide a screen recording/video showing the issue that will be much appreciated.

the firmware is 02.04.2500 for the aircraft and 03.02.0400 fir the RC pro. I start in video mode in pro mode, and then press the camera button and it will switch to photo. Subsequently it will only take photos if i press once, or twice. It will not go back to video and i have to use the touchscreen.

thank you
2023-7-23
Use props
Jlightfield
lvl.1
United States

sduck Posted at 7-23 13:20
I think you're asking if there's a way to make one of the customizable switches a dedicated still/video toggle - is this correct? I don't think this is possible - I can't find it as one of the options available. In DJI Fly, while connected to your drone, go to the controls section, near the bottom is a section where you can set what the various customizable switches do. None for camera mode unfortunately. Note that there are actually 6 shooting modes available.

Yes, on the regular RC I can toggle between video and photos with the camera button. It is not behaving the same way on the Pro RC.
2023-7-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The left button is video, the right is photo on the RC Pro
2023-7-23
Use props
Jlightfield
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-23 18:50
The left button is video, the right is photo on the RC Pro

Thank you, I knew i was missing something!
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jlightfield Posted at 7-23 15:14
the firmware is 02.04.2500 for the aircraft and 03.02.0400 fir the RC pro. I start in video mode in pro mode, and then press the camera button and it will switch to photo. Subsequently it will only take photos if i press once, or twice. It will not go back to video and i have to use the touchscreen.

thank you

Thank you for the reply. It seems that Mobilehomer has provided the answer to your concern. If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.
2023-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules