some little questions
1657 23 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

1. Before i bought my Phantom 3 i have only fly with parrots ar drone 2.0, so im asking how many more % better is the phantom 3?`i guess 100%? how accuracy is the gps if im lifting off from one point and will be flying like 80 meters away and turn on the flight home? will it land precisly on the takekof point? or 2-3 meter away?

2. I havent try my Phantom 3 more then once, i feel its hight quality but the camera under it feels a bit fragile so i only wonder how long it will last until the camera gyro starts to fail or something as long as im not crashing the drone?

3. My third question is, is it as easy to fly it in the night as in the day or just to fly it in the evening?, is it working like same nomatter the time of the day?

4. How sensitive is the phantom 3 against wifi networks around it? i want to try take it off and go up maybe 50 meters in the air but from the take off point there is around 10 wifi networks, is this a problem for the connection between remote controll and drone?

5 As this cost me alot more then parrots ar drone, im afraid to just take it over 3 meters and i dont know if i dare take it over the forest or any hills or over a lake, i wonder how powerfull the signals will be, between trees or if signal can reach over a hill/ little mountain or over water.

i wonder if this is filmed with phantom 3
http://tv.aftonbladet.se/abtv/articles/88397

2015-8-30
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1: Its a LOT better.. I don't think you can compare them to be honest. The GPS ( it also uses the Russian GLONASS ) is very accurate. In my testing the return to home normally lands within a meter of where it took off. But if I had to use the RTH, as soon as I could see the phantom, I would take over and land it myself if I could.

2: Because the gimbal/camera needs to be as lightweight as possible it will "feel" fragile. If you crash/land very hard, it can get damaged. Don't crash and maybe hand catch the phantom then no reason the camera/gimbal will not last a LONG time. Some people put a "gimbal protector"  ( http://www.uavbits.net/store/p19 ... _DJI_Phantom_3.html ) to guard against damaging it when landing/falling.. I have not used one so no idea if it works or not

3: Flying at night is the same as day. Only issue is if its very dark, it will be hard to see much on the FPV screen. You are better flying it within eyesight if this is the case.

4: Not really had issues with wifi, the lightbridge is very effective on the P3.

5: Although the signal on a P3 is very strong and people have flown it 4 miles away, the singnal cannot penetrate a hill/mountain and WILL struggle if you go behind trees. If it looses signal, return to home will trigger so make sure the RTH altitude if set high enough to avoid obstacles on its way back

And yeah, the man sunbathing on a wind turbine looks very like a P3 or Inspire 1 quality video ( could also be something bigger like S1000 or S900.
2015-8-30
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-30 10:50
1: Its a LOT better.. I don't think you can compare them to be honest. The GPS ( it also uses the Ru ...

Thanks for answer on my questions i have one new.

How to see the Raw pictures i have been taking today on my windows 7 x64 computer? it says i cannot view the pictures, format is not available, i have check on Microsoft and i download something like this;  http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... i-view-raw-pictures

i guess its not working for the phantom raw format or? i guess next time im going to take pictures i should choose jpeg instead.  
2015-8-30
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-8-30 12:01
Thanks for answer on my questions  i have one new.

How to see the Raw pictures i have been taki ...

Hi,
Welcome to the Phantom 3 community.
The raw file you take will be able to be read eventually, I am on Mac and I waited 3 months for the Operating System to recognise the .DNG file.  My advice is to take both .jpeg and raw at the same time for every photograph, use the .jpeg until your program updates and recognises the .DNG then you can use your raw files.  You will notice a big increase in exposure latitude and you will be able to pull back the details from blown out skies or clouds etc. and reveal details in shadows without too much noise added.  Be patient, and things will improve.  If you have Photoshop the latest versions now recognise .DNG and Apple Aperture also can read them.
2015-8-30
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

liningiv Posted at 2015-8-30 13:35
Hi,
Welcome to the Phantom 3 community.
The raw file you take will be able to be read eventually,  ...

2015-8-30
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

I wonder, if i make it to 50-100 flights without ever crash my drone, is there some intervals until i should replace the engines on the drone so it wont fail on some engine when up in the air?
2015-8-31
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-8-31 17:15
I wonder, if i make it to 50-100 flights without ever crash my drone, is there some intervals until  ...

Just keep it away from dust, it will last long enough for you till the P4 gets released next year.
2015-8-31
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-31 23:43
Just keep it away from dust, it will last long enough for you till the P4 gets released next year.

p4? i just bought my P3, and P4 next year? wohooo then i must buy! But i think about buying some race drone, i saw a video on youtube and i fell in love with that to, the fpv googles and fast flying drones some adrenaline kick.
2015-8-31
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-8-31 17:53
p4?  i just bought my P3, and P4 next year? wohooo then i must buy!  But i think about buying  ...

Yeah just fly it and don't worry, i am at 60 flights with a whole bunch of youtube videos to show for, go shooting and enjoy yourself, maybe next year i will jump on size 250 racing as it started gaining acceptance and there was drone nationals on here in my area so it will be a good thing once they finalize the logistics of the racing.
2015-8-31
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

Anyone els have had this issue? today 2 times when i was flying my P3 pro it got disconnected from the camera so i only could control it via the remote controll but with zero vision on the iphone with dji go? is this some firmware issue or problem with the drone itself? or the camera? when it happen i was about 25 meters away between me and the drone? anyone knows?
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-5 02:23
Anyone els have had this issue? today 2 times when i was flying my P3 pro it got disconnected from t ...

If using iOS device:
Make sure to use apple oem Lightning cable
Make sure the Lightning port is clean and free of gunk and debris
Turn airplane mode on or at least turn off wifi and Bluetooth
Turn off apps running in background
Turn off hardware deciding if not using A8 cpu which is only present in air2 and iphone6

If android:
Use good quality isn't cable
Turn airplane mode on or at least turn off wifi and Bluetooth
Turn off all running apps. Force stop google play services
2015-9-4
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-4 21:20
If using iOS device:
Make sure to use apple oem Lightning cable
Make sure the Lightning port is cl ...

will check that ,im using a black dexim cable. not apple original. and i have phone jailbreaked with dji go app on foreground on a cydia tweak called Dissident so it should never even close the app what i ever do with phone except turning phone off.
2015-9-4
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

I got another new question. What happens if i start from a cliff or a bridge and fly 10 meters up and then go off the bridge, will the P3 pro drop down from bridge if bridge is more then 50 meter high? or will it stay on 50 + 10 meter up? i wonder if the dji go will show im 10 meters up but later fly out, will it then show 10 meters when over 60 meters up or will it knows its real distance from ground?

Just wonder as i use to fly from cliffs sometimes so it wont crash.
2015-9-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-5 20:13
I got another new question. What happens if i start from a cliff or a bridge and fly 10 meters up an ...

The reading is height from take off point. So if u take off from a bridge and go 10' up and then move over the side, it is still going to read 10. If u fly it below the bridge by 50'. The reading will be -50.
2015-9-5
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-5 14:51
The reading is height from take off point. So if u take off from a bridge and go 10' up and then m ...

so the drone wont drop down if im off the bridge?

2015-9-5
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-5 11:27
so the drone wont drop down if im off the bridge?

nooooo, it wont drop. like i said on bridge it will read 0, once you take off, say to 20', it will read 20. fly over the side and gow below the bridge by 100', it will read -100. the reading is always based on your take off point, it is not an altitude reading from sea level.!!!!
2015-9-5
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-5 18:52
nooooo, it wont drop. like i said on bridge it will read 0, once you take off, say to 20', it will ...

is good to know, i could guess it was something like this but did not want to take a chance before i had ask.

but if it lose controll when its like -50 will it then RTH and go up -50 plus the +100 i have set it to in settings  before it starts the RTH ?
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-6 17:45
is good to know, i could guess it was something like this but did not want to take a chance before ...

Rth height is height above home point, so if u have your rth set to 100 and you are at -50 and Rth is initiated, the p3 will rise 150' making it 100' above home point
2015-9-6
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-6 16:56
Rth height is height above home point, so if u have your rth set to 100 and you are at -50 and Rth ...

Nice!

A new question, i guess i have seen answer on this before but im not sure.

I dont have all photos i have been taking on the micro sd card, must the drone be with power on for a while after landing to import pictures to the sd card?
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-6 23:52
Nice!

A new question, i guess i have seen answer on this before but im not sure.

no, u turn off in usual manner, press once and once again and hold for 2 secs. it sometimes takes a few seconds to turn off as it may be writing to sd card or communicating with rc.
remember if u r doing a video, u can not take pictures!
2015-9-6
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

About the lipo batteries, is it no problem to be charging them even if they have 60-70-80-90% or energy left?  or should i use them till it reach about 20-30% ?
2015-9-8
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

Phantomen3 Posted at 2015-9-8 20:22
About the lipo batteries, is it no problem to be charging them even if they have 60-70-80-90% or ene ...

Lipo batteries are much happier if they aren't discharged to empty. They are happy being topped up often.
The older rechargable (non Li-ion) batteries needed a good discharge to stop the memory effect reducing their capacity but this doesn't affect Li-ion batteries.
What can happen is the battery monitor system can get out of sync, which is why DJI want you to discharge the battery to below 10% once every 20 charges or so. That way the BMS can accurately determine what the capacity is.
2015-9-8
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870177 ft
Sweden

clive Posted at 2015-9-8 22:30
Lipo batteries are much happier if they aren't discharged to empty. They are happy being topped up ...

ok i always take her down when i reach 30% warning so i have never got down to -10%, maybe i should try this sometime.

Is there any Wifi in the remote controller or the phantom 3 itself? i think i have seen on youtube videos people connecting to the remote via wifi on iphone? and why to do that?
2015-9-11
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

when using RTH is it suppose to be flying fast? i only wonder because i pushed the button and i was on 32meter and have set it to 120meter on RTH, then it climb slow to 82 meter den i was going super fast up to maybe 100meter i was thinking the wind took it so i aborted RTH and took over the control myself. got scared.  
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules