New DJI RC 2 Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
26567 186 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
william 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1262664 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 05:33
Now the RC2 is released is the DJI RC not getting any more updates?  It's still waiting for the 1.10 .0 app update.

hi i just got the update today for my dji rc
2023-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

william 1 Posted at 8-9 05:50
hi i just got the update today for my dji rc

Yeah I saw it was available this morning too,,   shame they didnt announce it on the forum like they usually do though.
2023-8-9
Use props
Electriflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65279 ft
Australia

Still the same fly app version though, still the same blurred out satellite maps.
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Electriflyer Posted at 8-9 05:31
So that means that the satellite overlay on the DJI RC2 is as poor as the DJI RC?
According to MapTiler they currently have no maps of Google earth/maps quality for Australia. This controller is a waste of money.

Thank you for your feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 8-9 01:26
This sounds like a stupid EU rule IMPOV...

I think they added that rule as the bottom light was being used as a remote trigger for dropping things.
2023-8-10
Use props
fansad2510f1
New

United States

Still not able to record sound?
2023-8-10
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 8-10 00:17
I think they added that rule as the bottom light was being used as a remote trigger for dropping things.

If it is true it's even more stupid to limit the functionality for responsible users for such a trivial (bureaucratic as dropping objects is banned anyway AFAIK) reason.
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansad2510f1 Posted at 8-10 19:07

Hi, fansad2510f1. Just like the DJI RC, DJI RC 2 has a speaker but has no microphone. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 8-11 06:55
If it is true it's even more stupid to limit the functionality for responsible users for such a trivial (bureaucratic as dropping objects is banned anyway AFAIK) reason.

Well thats the EU for you......
2023-8-12
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 8-12 00:28
Well thats the EU for you......

So sad... it's like ADS-B rule in EU, mandatory for big airliners while drone operators meet small aircrafts in country airspace and drones can't fly near airports anyway.
2023-8-12
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

Hi DJI, will be RC1 updated to remove  1s lags? And will be able to use google or apple maps on RC as this sattelite something is unusable. You can disbale it even and nobody will cry.
2023-8-18
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Electriflyer Posted at 8-9 05:31
So that means that the satellite overlay on the DJI RC2 is as poor as the DJI RC?
According to MapTiler they currently have no maps of Google earth/maps quality for Australia. This controller is a waste of money.

Same as the RC Pro. The soon you leave the coastal area, no phone signal, no login available...

As they stand, I don't think DJI should sell their products in Australia, unless you want to spend your days here, asking why things are not working as intended...
2023-8-19
Use props
Lucija R.
New

Croatia

Hello,

I don't know where to post this at, I hope this is appropriate. We have a DJI Phantom 4 drone, and DJI Terra Pro Overseas Perpetual software. The new firmware was installed. Even before the installation we've had trouble with the "Capture at Equal Distance" setting. Sometimes when we try using it, it works perfectly, the next time we get an error notification and the drone can only perform Hover-and-Capture mode. Has anyone else faced this issue? Do you know what this could be connected to?

Thanks you.
2023-8-23
Use props
Electriflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65279 ft
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 8-19 15:00
Same as the RC Pro. The soon you leave the coastal area, no phone signal, no login available...

As they stand, I don't think DJI should sell their products in Australia, unless you want to spend your days here, asking why things are not working as intended...

The DJI RC Pro as well? That's ridiculous that the top tier has such limitations.
If the RC Pro is using the Fly 1.11 app version and the maps aren't as detailed as the DJI RC N1 regardless of map provider then that is reason enough not to buy any of the standalone controllers.
I don't think DJI cares once they have your money.
2023-8-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Electriflyer Posted at 8-23 19:29
The DJI RC Pro as well? That's ridiculous that the top tier has such limitations.
If the RC Pro is using the Fly 1.11 app version and the maps aren't as detailed as the DJI RC N1 regardless of map provider then that is reason enough not to buy any of the standalone controllers.
I don't think DJI cares once they have your money.

We have come up to the same conclusion... Not the first time that we did some impulsive purchases, without doing the proper research first...

As usual, buyer beware...
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pawelPL Posted at 8-18 15:18
Hi DJI, will be RC1 updated to remove  1s lags? And will be able to use google or apple maps on RC as this sattelite something is unusable. You can disbale it even and nobody will cry.

Hi, pawelPL. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, DJI RC is using the Maptiler and we do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, which will help us to improve this service quality better and optimize this issue in future App versions. Please stay tuned to our DJI official website for updates. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-25
Use props
grapecrusher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212106 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi everyone,
2023-8-26
Use props
grapecrusher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212106 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi everyone,

I have just received my Air 3 with RC 2 controller.  When setting up in the main menu (safety section) there is no way of setting the auxiliary leds or aircraft front arm leds.  I have the latest firmware update 01.00.0500 - anyone know why it is absent?  I am in France - nothing in European rules about these lights having to be constantly on.  I was watching a video of Jake Sloans from Canada and he has this option in the menu.  Any ideas.  I haven’t checked yet on my RC2 controller for Mavic 2 to see if they are still on there?  

Thanks in advance!  
2023-8-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any idea when the DJI RC will get this update it’s still stuck at 1.10 version of the fly app.
2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_YTg1QokhYoBc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100390 ft

Italy

When Smartcontroller RC 1 will be compatible with MINI 2?
2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_YTg1QokhYoBc Posted at 8-30 20:51
When Smartcontroller RC 1 will be compatible with MINI 2?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. The Mini 2 should be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller and the DJI RC N-1 however it is not compatible with the DJI RC. Thank you for understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-1
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

Please post what the “known issues” fixed referred to.  I’ve seen many post with various bugs in alot of systems.   It’d be helpful to know what you’re addressing.  Thank you.
2023-9-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for fixing "some known issues".  Hopefully, this update did not bring any new issues.
2023-9-5
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

I can confirm that the issue with SD pop up is now solved. Thankyou!
2023-9-5
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

After updating DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware to v01.00.0700, doing some test  without flying because i live in a NO FLY ZONE, i noticed something strange: when turning on the Rc and the drone, sometimes the RC screen become completely black and i have to manually wokeup it. Is it normal?
2023-9-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Hopefully, there will be no new bug instead of that pop up window...
2023-9-6
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-28 02:35
Air3S with a 1inch sensor?

Waiting for that too.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

franceslup Posted at 9-6 02:36
After updating DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware to v01.00.0700, doing some test  without flying because i live in a NO FLY ZONE, i noticed something strange: when turning on the Rc and the drone, sometimes the RC screen become completely black and i have to manually wokeup it. Is it normal?

Hello there. This is normal. If the remote controller is powered on and has not been used for 5 minutes, it will issue an alert. Move the sticks to cancel the alert. After 6 minutes, the remote controller will automatically power off. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-11
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

I'm happy to report that there are no problems for me with latest fw.
2023-9-11
Use props
GURUMED
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197657 ft
Italy

I updated the RC 2 to the latest version ( v01.00.0700,) and i'm still unable to save screen-recording  and/or snapshots on the sd-card!
Even if the sd-card is selected as default storage, everything is saved on the internal rc 2 storage!
Please FIX IT !!!!!

2023-9-12
Use props
MadboyAgr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193156 ft
Greece

Έχω δύο χρόνια που τους έχω πει να προσθέσουν ελληνική γλώσσα και μας έχουν γραμμένους στα αρχιδια τους, μόνο τα χρήματα τους ενδιαφέρει είναι ψεύτες και αναξιόπιστη σαν εταιρεία και δεν σέβεται το πελατη τους.Ειλικρινα ήταν η καλύτερη εταιρεία και κάθε μέρα γίνεται όλο και χειρότερη και δεν πρόκειται να ξανά δώσω χρήματα στη dji γιατί κοροϊδεύουν και είναι ψεύτες, μην πιστεύετε τίποτα από ότι σας λένε διότι όλοι θα σας δίνουν απάντηση ότι θα το προσθέσουν μελλοντικά αλλά ποτέ δεν θα κάνουν τίποτα.Τους είπα επίσης τα καινούρια χαρακτηριστικά που έχουν προσθέσει στο mavic 3 να το προσθέσουν και στο air 3 και άρχισαν τα ίδια να λέμε πάλι θα το δούμε στο μέλλον και μαλακίες και τους λέω δε γίνεται σε μοντέλο 2021 να προσθέσετε καινούρια χαρακτηριστικά και εμείς με drone ενός μηνός κυκλοφορίας να μας έχετε μόνο τα απλά χαρακτηριστικά είναι απαράδεκτοι και θα μπω σε όλα τα forum και θα ενημερώσω πόσο ψεύτες αναξιόπιστοι είναι.
Αρκετά dji με τη κοροϊδία σας και είπατε θα απαντήσετε με email σε 24-48 ώρες μια δεν έστειλαν τίποτα, Ε βέβαια μας έγραψαν στα αρχιδια τους αφού πήραν 1389 ευρώ για το air 3 δεν τους νοιάζει τίποτα, έτσι dji?ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΣΑΣ ΞΑΝΑ ΔΩΣΩ ΦΡΑΓΚΟ ΑΠΑΤΕΩΝΕΣ ΚΙΝΕΖΟΙ.
Θα σας ξεφτιλησω παντού ακόμη και στο κανάλι μου στο youtube ήδη έχετε μειωμένες πωλήσεις και θα δείτε πόσο θα μειωθούν τους επόμενους μήνες με τα ψέματα και τη κοροϊδία που κάνετε.
Όπως σας ανεβάσαμε σαν εταιρεία έτσι και θα σας κατεβάσουμε.

Και τώρα κλασικά ένας εκπρόσωπος της DJI θα μου απαντήσει ότι λυπούνται για τη ταλαιπωρία και θα κάνουν σχόλια στην αρμοδια ομαδα και τέτοια.
Dji?ΔΕ ΠΑΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΝΑ ΓΑΜΗΘΕΙΤΕ ΑΡΚΕΤΑ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΨΕΜΑ ΣΑΣ ΔΥΟ ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΜΑΛΑΚΕΣ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΉ ΓΛΏΣΣΑ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΝ ΚΑΝΑΤΕ ΤΙΠΟΤΑ ΑΝΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΓΑΜΗΘΕΙΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΕΣΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΟΙ ΑΧΡΗΣΤΟΙ ΟΙ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΙΣΤΈΣ ΣΑΣ
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

virtual Posted at 9-11 04:35
I'm happy to report that there are no problems for me with latest fw.

Thank you for your feedback, virtual. Glad to know that you had no issues after the update.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GURUMED Posted at 9-12 00:27
I updated the RC 2 to the latest version ( v01.00.0700,) and i'm still unable to save screen-recording  and/or snapshots on the sd-card!
Even if the sd-card is selected as default storage, everything is saved on the internal rc 2 storage!
Please FIX IT !!!!!

Hi, GURUMED. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GURUMED Posted at 9-12 00:27
I updated the RC 2 to the latest version ( v01.00.0700,) and i'm still unable to save screen-recording  and/or snapshots on the sd-card!
Even if the sd-card is selected as default storage, everything is saved on the internal rc 2 storage!
Please FIX IT !!!!!

Hi, GURUMED. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that regardless of whether the storage location is set to the Internal Storage of the DJI RC 2 or the SD card, the Screen Recording is stored in the Internal Storage and screenshot of the DJI RC 2 by default and cannot be changed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
2023-9-18
Use props
GURUMED
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197657 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 21:41
Hi, GURUMED. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that regardless of whether the storage location is set to the Internal Storage of the DJI RC 2 or the SD card, the Screen Recording is stored in the Internal Storage and screenshot of the DJI RC 2 by default and cannot be changed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Please, can you explain to us what is the point of using a fast SD-card (as required by the specifications) and with a lot of storage space in the remote control if we cannot save directly on it?
Thank You
2023-9-21
Use props
BearMan54
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161923 ft
United States

fansad2510f1 Posted at 8-10 19:07

All you hear is the props buzzing.... Don't care anything about that....
2023-9-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

GURUMED Posted at 9-21 06:05
Please, can you explain to us what is the point of using a fast SD-card (as required by the specifications) and with a lot of storage space in the remote control if we cannot save directly on it?
Thank You

I've been trying to bring attention to this very issue. I feel there is absolutely no point in having an SD card in the controller if it doesn't save to the SD card when setting it to use the SD card.
2023-9-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice update, thank you!
2023-9-25
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My one stopped doing the update saying 95% controller update and later said failed!

I turned it off and back on and it seems to work reporting all up to date.

Any thoughts?
PXL_20230926_182308687.jpg
2023-9-26
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Will RC 2 be compatible with Mavic 3 series?
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules