New DJI Air 3 Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
36948 235 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlairAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

franceslup Posted at 8-29 10:59
After updating to firmware version v01.00.06.00 for the RC 2, every time I turn it on with SD in it, it ask me to go in profile, memory to set SD card as current memory. Is it a new bug?

I have the exact same issue - worse, it does NOT save the setting, and next restart of the RC-2 I have to perform it again, time after time. Please fix this urgently - this is a serious usability bug. Its not good when a firmware update that  only lists "Fixed Some Bugs" - doesn't give ANY information about WHAT bugs, and yet, I had no usability issues before this update and now I HAVE BUGS. Please correct and issue a patched version of this flawed update. Absolute worst update - and, I cannot revert to the previous update with DJI Assistant for Consumer Drones - the previous code was erased, so I cannot roll back. I have reset the controller and the Aircraft BACK to Factory settings, formatted the SD Card, Tried another card and everything else I can think of. Please. I cannot be dealing with this every flight.
2023-8-31
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988310 ft
United States

Hopefully we can know what bugs are fixed
2023-8-31
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same SD onscreen info, bad!
2023-8-31
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 10:18
I have the exact same issue - worse, it does NOT save the setting, and next restart of the RC-2 I have to perform it again, time after time. Please fix this urgently - this is a serious usability bug. Its not good when a firmware update that  only lists "Fixed Some Bugs" - doesn't give ANY information about WHAT bugs, and yet, I had no usability issues before this update and now I HAVE BUGS. Please correct and issue a patched version of this flawed update. Absolute worst update - and, I cannot revert to the previous update with DJI Assistant for Consumer Drones - the previous code was erased, so I cannot roll back. I have reset the controller and the Aircraft BACK to Factory settings, formatted the SD Card, Tried another card and everything else I can think of. Please. I cannot be dealing with this every flight.

I confirm, tried to switch SD with a new one, to restore firmware… nothing changed and quite boring
2023-8-31
Use props
rpsd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1240 ft
United States

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 10:18
I have the exact same issue - worse, it does NOT save the setting, and next restart of the RC-2 I have to perform it again, time after time. Please fix this urgently - this is a serious usability bug. Its not good when a firmware update that  only lists "Fixed Some Bugs" - doesn't give ANY information about WHAT bugs, and yet, I had no usability issues before this update and now I HAVE BUGS. Please correct and issue a patched version of this flawed update. Absolute worst update - and, I cannot revert to the previous update with DJI Assistant for Consumer Drones - the previous code was erased, so I cannot roll back. I have reset the controller and the Aircraft BACK to Factory settings, formatted the SD Card, Tried another card and everything else I can think of. Please. I cannot be dealing with this every flight.

Confirmed. Mine is doing the exact sam thing as you guys are describing.

Did anyone test this release? I think having a SD card in your controller is quite common.
2023-8-31
Use props
RappeFiets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139642 ft
Italy

rpsd Posted at 8-31 17:28

Did anyone test this release? I think having a SD card in your controller is quite common.

Same here, also the sd message at every startup.
2023-8-31
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 07:17
Same here - I believe they (DJI) were working on an SD Card issue some had, where they could NOT save to the card, regardless of settings. I did NOT have that issue, But I SURE HAVE THIS ONE. Every Restart of the controller, and does not save settings. I have tried:

* Multiple cards

Too bad there is no response from a DJI admin right now.
2023-8-31
Use props
kan76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9270666 ft
Bulgaria

DJI please add digital zoom to photos mode in Air 3 please and also HDR mode like Air 2
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

My Air is behaving weirdly on active track mode and POI mode.......it just wobbles at the same place instead of tracking (I have a video don't know how to post here) I'm suspecting it happened after this update. How to fix this...
2023-9-1
Use props
BlairAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

franceslup Posted at 8-29 10:59
After updating to firmware version v01.00.06.00 for the RC 2, every time I turn it on with SD in it, it ask me to go in profile, memory to set SD card as current memory. Is it a new bug?

Same problem.  I had no issues until upgrading with this FW Package that includes V01.00.0400 for RC-2. I now get a dialog EVERY RESTART OF RC-2: "SD Card inserted - go to Profile, Settings, Storage to switch current storage.

This does not save, nor does it WORK. I do it every restart - no files save to SD Card. I have tried over 20 cards, including brand new from Sanddisk, Samsung, Lexar. I have reset the controller to factory settings, i have REFRESHED THE FIRMWARE with DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones (multiple times) - also my previous firmware was erased by this update, so I cannot uninstall and apply V.01.00.0300. WHY?
ALSO - Why is DJI Not fixing this? This is a MAJOR BUG  that was INTRODUCED with this firmware..

Please help. I own every DJI Drone Product,  yet rarely if ever do I see BUGS CREATED by new Firmware. Cpuld DJI issue a a changelist readme, of the type every technical company in the world uses for firmware update documentation?  

Really disappointed.  
2023-9-1
Use props
Outlukgh
lvl.1

Ghana

my camera is no longer transimitting to the RC2 after this update and I'm helpless!! This is quite disappointing DJI
2023-9-1
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq Posted at 9-1 11:05
My Air is behaving weirdly on active track mode and POI mode.......it just wobbles at the same place instead of tracking (I have a video don't know how to post here) I'm suspecting it happened after this update. How to fix this...

Can you record it with your phone and upload it to YT or VIMEO and share the link?
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

H3llo Posted at 9-1 19:13
Can you record it with your phone and upload it to YT or VIMEO and share the link?It is Air 3 with RC2

It is Air 3 with RC2
https://youtu.be/cH8rS6LiQeQ
https://youtu.be/3et74qk49UQ
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

BlairAir Posted at 9-1 11:19
Same problem.  I had no issues until upgrading with this FW Package that includes V01.00.0400 for RC-2. I now get a dialog EVERY RESTART OF RC-2: "SD Card inserted - go to Profile, Settings, Storage to switch current storage.

This does not save, nor does it WORK. I do it every restart - no files save to SD Card. I have tried over 20 cards, including brand new from Sanddisk, Samsung, Lexar. I have reset the controller to factory settings, i have REFRESHED THE FIRMWARE with DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones (multiple times) - also my previous firmware was erased by this update, so I cannot uninstall and apply V.01.00.0300. WHY?

Same issue
2023-9-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq Posted at 9-2 06:03
It is Air 3 with RC2

Very odd indeed. I would try to refresh the firmware of both the aircraft and the controller and see if that fixes the issue.
2023-9-2
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq Posted at 9-2 06:03
It is Air 3 with RC2

That's looks bad. Is it only wobbling on POI mode?
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

H3llo Posted at 9-2 06:40
That's looks bad. Is it only wobbling on POI mode?

Yes. on POI it wobbles.  On active track it says there...it won't follow at all
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-2 06:19
Very odd indeed. I would try to refresh the firmware of both the aircraft and the controller and see if that fixes the issue.

Did refresh couple of times and calibrated as well....same thing
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_RjsRw6g1kxaq
lvl.1

Canada

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-2 06:19

And is it normal that vision sensors turn on ONLY when I box a target....rest of the time all sensors show unavailable even in bypass or brake mode
2023-9-2
Use props
Thomas Chen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3058848 ft
Taiwan

My Air 3 with RC2 can't upload fly data to cloud automatically after I upgraded FW & DJI fly.
Updated
The Air 3 & RC2 upload fly data to cloud automatically are normal now after I reset both.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_5TilqcF0PqbL
New
Flight distance : 151135 ft

United Kingdom

Hello, the DJI RC-2 seems to have dual band selection issues and does not pick the right transmission band according to the right environment. Causing the drone to loose signal quickly. It seems that at time where the drone is flown in a rural environment a setting fit for a 2.4ghz transmission band, the RC remote selects a 5.8ghz band and at time when flown in a heavily dens location the RC remote picks a 2.4ghz band instead of the proper 5.8ghz band.
If you are able to try and find a sulotion to improve the transmission picking it would be highly appreciated, as at the moment I manually choose the transmission best suited for the environment I am flying in.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

franceslup Posted at 8-29 21:51
I tried to switch sd card with no result.
I prefer to don’t refresh firmware because it works, just this pop up every time I turn on the RC.

Hi, franceslup. Thank you for the update. We'll forward it to our relevant team for further checking.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rob.01A Posted at 8-29 22:03
I have refresh the firmware versions of the drone and RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) but the pop up stays every time when starting the RC.

Hi, Rob.01A. Thank you for the cooperation. We'll forward it to our relevant team for further checking.  We'll keep you posted.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 07:17
Same here - I believe they (DJI) were working on an SD Card issue some had, where they could NOT save to the card, regardless of settings. I did NOT have that issue, But I SURE HAVE THIS ONE. Every Restart of the controller, and does not save settings. I have tried:

* Multiple cards

Hi, BlairAir. Thank you for reporting. We'll forward it to our relevant team for further checking. We'll keep you posted.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

franceslup Posted at 8-29 21:51
I tried to switch sd card with no result.
I prefer to don’t refresh firmware because it works, just this pop up every time I turn on the RC.

Hi, franceslup. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that the meesage that appears after turning on the DJI RC 2 is just a reminder and not a bug. It is just there to remind you if you would like to switch the present storage location. If you don't want to switch the stroage location, just tap "OK" under this message and it will disappear. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

I have refresh the firmware versions of the drone and RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) but the pop up stays every time when starting the RC.

Hi, Rob.01A. Thank you for patiently waiting. We already received feedback from our relevant team, please refer to our reply from this post. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 07:35
Here is another report - happens EVERY RESTART and happens to several dozen friends I have on YouTube. I had no issue before the update - Here is a description of the new bug that some are experiencing. One of the packages released; v01.00.04.00 for RC-2 -once installed, causes a dialog to pop up on every restart of the RC-2 Controller.

The message is via a dialog stating "SDcard inserted - Go to Profile, Settings, Storage to switch the current storage location." The choices made are not saved. You must repeat this on every restart. I am linking a thread that shows what the popup looks like. I have no idea how prevalent this is, but I have been unable to resolve it by reformatting the SD card, or by resetting the RC-2 to factory settings. I've wiped, reset, replaced the card, and tried multiple SIZE cards and other variables, The issue persists. I do suspect DJI was working on an issue with saving to an SDcard that I know of. I did NOT have that issue, but I sure have this one!

Hi, BlairAir. Thank you for patiently waiting. We already received feedback from our relevant team, please refer to our reply from this post. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MavGuido Posted at 8-31 12:32
I have the same SD onscreen info, bad!

Hi, MavGuido. Please refer to our reply from this post regarding this concern. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rpsd Posted at 8-31 17:28

Hi, rpsd. Please refer to our reply from this post regarding this concern. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RappeFiets Posted at 8-31 18:03
Same here, also the sd message at every startup.

Hi, RappeFiets. Please refer to our reply from this post regarding this concern. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kan76 Posted at 9-1 04:18
DJI please add digital zoom to photos mode in Air 3 please and also HDR mode like Air 2

Hi, kan76. We will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Outlukgh Posted at 9-1 14:10
my camera is no longer transimitting to the RC2 after this update and I'm helpless!! This is quite disappointing DJI

Hi, Outlukgh. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you getting any error messages? If yes, please provide us a screenshot for further checking. We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-3 07:43
Hi, franceslup. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that the meesage that appears after turning on the DJI RC 2 is just a reminder and not a bug. It is just there to remind you if you would like to switch the present storage location. If you don't want to switch the stroage location, just tap "OK" under this message and it will disappear. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding.

No that did not help, while the same message comes back after each booting up the RC!
If it cames once and i check OK and then it gones forever, that is normal and understandable, but not everytime i turn on the RC! No one need that and in the past DJI did not have some hint like that.

2023-9-3
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Netherlands

MavGuido Posted at 9-3 14:00
No that did not help, while the same message comes back after each booting up the RC!
If it cames once and i check OK and then it gones forever, that is normal and understandable, but not everytime i turn on the RC! No one need that and in the past DJI did not have some hint like that.

I agree on that, it comes back after each booting up the RC.
And that is no normal!
2023-9-3
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-3 07:43
Hi, franceslup. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that the meesage that appears after turning on the DJI RC 2 is just a reminder and not a bug. It is just there to remind you if you would like to switch the present storage location. If you don't want to switch the stroage location, just tap "OK" under this message and it will disappear. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Ok but it happens also after i switched.
Why remind me that if i alredy did it?
2023-9-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

franceslup Posted at 9-4 02:15
Ok but it happens also after i switched.
Why remind me that if i alredy did it?

It's going to happen every time now. Just hit "OK" and everything will stay as you set it up. Annoying? Yes!
2023-9-4
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Netherlands

Issue has been solved with the latest firmware v01.00.07.00
2023-9-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Rob.01A Posted at 9-5 07:29
Issue has been solved with the latest firmware v01.00.07.00

Thanks for notification!
2023-9-5
Use props
Mberger Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3865486 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Very good, now release the firmware update for DJI AIR 3 compatibility with DJI RC PRO, DJI, have respect for your users.
2023-9-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mberger Drones Posted at 9-7 12:24
Very good, now release the firmware update for DJI AIR 3 compatibility with DJI RC PRO, DJI, have respect for your users.

Agree 100%. Come on now....
2023-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules