New DJI Air 3 Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
36964 235 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mberger Drones Posted at 9-7 12:24
Very good, now release the firmware update for DJI AIR 3 compatibility with DJI RC PRO, DJI, have respect for your users.

We appreciate your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_hO0GVwwBnOC8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861506 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello everyone, since the last date I have been having problems creating HDR photos (3x exposure series). After the 2nd photo the app crashes and no longer takes a photo. The RC2 controller is used for current firmware
2023-9-11
Use props
Fudgey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can you add a quick feature
"push home button on remote 3 times in a row, and this will auto update home point". So it's easier to update the home point, instead of having to go into settings.

2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_hO0GVwwBnOC8 Posted at 9-11 04:04
Hello everyone, since the last date I have been having problems creating HDR photos (3x exposure series). After the 2nd photo the app crashes and no longer takes a photo. The RC2 controller is used for current firmware

Hi, djiuser_hO0GVwwBnOC8. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please refresh the firmware of your RC 2 using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). If the issue persists, please let us know. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fudgey Posted at 9-11 14:29
Can you add a quick feature
"push home button on remote 3 times in a row, and this will auto update home point". So it's easier to update the home point, instead of having to go into settings.

Hi, Fudgey. If you are pertaining to Smart RTH, you may follow the information below to initiate it without going to the settings:
2023-9-12
Use props
Fudgey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-12 02:23
Hi, Fudgey. If you are pertaining to Smart RTH, you may follow the information below to initiate it without going to the settings:
[view_image]

No, I'm aware of "holding home button to get it to return to home"

However to "update your new home place"

If I take off in site a, and walk 50 meters  north. And the Air 3 forces RTH, or there's an issue. I want it to come back to my new location, not my old location 50 meters away.

TO do this, you need to go into settings "update home point".

We need a feature to make this more easier. Such as  assigning it to a hot key/button c1/c2 etc, or if the RTH button can be pushed 3 times in a row, to update the home point to the new location of RC
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_1epYPk89TWPK
lvl.1

Philippines

I haven’t had any issues with my air 3 until I updated the firmware, I pushed and held home button and the drone started coming home, I noticed that the drone was about 15 feet from home and started landing, I cancelled the request and moved the drone over me and lowered by remote, I was trying to land in my hand and the drone moved away from me horizontally and ran into some power wires (low power wires) it made it through the wires and I was able to bring it back and land on the ground. Not sure what happened but I will try to duplicate tomorrow.
2023-9-12
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2619426 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fudgey Posted at 9-12 04:22

This would be particularly handy when on a boat or other fast moving vehicle.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_1epYPk89TWPK Posted at 9-12 05:15
I haven’t had any issues with my air 3 until I updated the firmware, I pushed and held home button and the drone started coming home, I noticed that the drone was about 15 feet from home and started landing, I cancelled the request and moved the drone over me and lowered by remote, I was trying to land in my hand and the drone moved away from me horizontally and ran into some power wires (low power wires) it made it through the wires and I was able to bring it back and land on the ground. Not sure what happened but I will try to duplicate tomorrow.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Your Air 3 might have detected your hand as an obstacle. For aircraft with obstacle avoidance functions, when the obstacle avoidance function is working, the aircraft will actively ascend when detecting obstacles in the RTH path and will continue to fly ahead when no obstacles are detected. Please reach back if the logic does not apply to your drone. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Adam9997 Posted at 9-12 07:20
This would be particularly handy when on a boat or other fast moving vehicle.

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-13
Use props
fans192e41c4
lvl.1

United States

Rob.01A Posted at 8-29 20:32
I have the same, try to switch different sd card and get the same result.

same problem here
2023-9-14
Use props
franceslup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307602 ft
Italy

Did you updated to the latest firmware? The problem seems to be solved
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fudgey Posted at 9-12 04:22

Hi, Fudgey. Thank you for clarification. For the updating of the home point suggestion, rest assured that we will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-9-16
Use props
rcourtney671
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882713 ft
Guam

RobertoMartins Posted at 8-2 16:50
Mavic air 3 will be compatible with googles 2?

Mavic Air 3 does not exist.  The "Mavic" and "Air" are two different series of DJI drones. :-)
2023-9-18
Use props
kan76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9270666 ft
Bulgaria

What are the bug fixes in the newest firmware update?
2023-9-25
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Why is the Vision Assist not available in this update?
2023-9-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess they the M3 series has to have a little bit of an edge over the A3 but vision assist would have been pretty sweet. I haven't had a chance to fly my A3 after updating yet, but curious if we got or will see the active track 360 feature
2023-9-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great features, thank you!
2023-9-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I do feel like we got a good update this time around though. Vision Assist and Active Track 360 would have been a really nice addition as well though.
2023-9-25
Use props
Juan Carlos Revilla
New

Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-29 18:21
Hi, franceslup. Thank you for reaching out. We haven't received any reports regarding this one yet. Have you tried taking out the SD card and insert it again to check if the issue persists? Please refresh the firmware versions of the drone and RC using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) as well. Please keep us posted.

I have the same issue everytime i turn on the RC
2023-9-25
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 9-25 08:06
I have the same issue everytime i turn on the RC

This should have been fixed in the last firmware update. It was for me anyway
2023-9-25
Use props
Simba1985
lvl.1
Australia

H3llo Posted at 9-25 07:35

I really hope Vision Assist makes it to the Air 3.  Anything that makes flying safer is a must have.  Obstacle sensors are great, but they don't always detect small branches or cables until it's too late.  Sensors are no substitute for being able to easily see what you're flying towards.

Reducing the chance of drones crashing should be the number 1 priority for DJI.  Fewer crashes = less likelihood for tougher drone laws and a less claims being made through DJI refresh.
2023-9-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Simba1985 Posted at 9-25 13:09
I really hope Vision Assist makes it to the Air 3.  Anything that makes flying safer is a must have.  Obstacle sensors are great, but they don't always detect small branches or cables until it's too late.  Sensors are no substitute for being able to easily see what you're flying towards.

Reducing the chance of drones crashing should be the number 1 priority for DJI.  Fewer crashes = less likelihood for tougher drone laws and a less claims being made through DJI refresh.

I agree!
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great new features added.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-25 07:52
I do feel like we got a good update this time around though. Vision Assist and Active Track 360 would have been a really nice addition as well though.

It was a really good update for sure.  However, would have been a fantastic update if they would have added Active Track 360 and Vision Assist.

Maybe DJI will  take this into consideration for the next update.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-26 00:34
Hello there. We appreciate your feedback. This request will be referred to our designated team. Please rest assured this will be heard. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead.

How about seeing if the development team would please add Active Track 360 and Vision Assist in the next update.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 03:32
How about seeing if the development team would please add Active Track 360 and Vision Assist in the next update.

Hi, DowntownRDB. I'll send this request to them and it will undergo evaluation. We cannot guarantee that it will be approved and applied on the next firmware but it will be announced if ever the request is granted. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_g05LdYCKS87z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46453 ft

United Kingdom

Please can we get ActiveTrack 360º for the Air 3? I hope it comes in a future update because the Air 3 is a new release and thus should have all the new features as the Mini 4 Pro.
2023-9-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Just reminder that all batteries have to be updated as well.
Happy flying!
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_TRzxZ4bm2ZiS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558081 ft
Denmark

What, no active track 360 ? Come on, the Air 3 is a mid tier drone. If the M4P has it, the Air 3 should (at least) have the same….
2023-9-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 8-4 02:25
We are sorry, but currently, there is no support available for that. We don't have any relevant information to provide at the moment. Please stay tuned for any official updates in the future.

Tony,

I have commented in the past that having the updates listed with their respective version function updates and fixes is a great idea. But having the comments from old updates is horribly confusing.

Your comment here refers to a previous update as its clearly stated in this update that Goggles 2 and Integra is fully supported.

When you update a FW thread certainly have the previous versions and fixes for historical reasons but clear all the comments so the comments relate to this latest release.
2023-9-27
Use props
BlairAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

This Firmware update Monday added AR Homepoint but the pulses in the RTH BEAM are MISSING? Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro BOTH have the pulses (green orbs that shoot away along the RTH BEAM.) They are missing. Only on.Air 3..please fix. Not urgent but why should Air 3 have less than the others in visual excitement!  

Please let engineering team or FW developers know!
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-27 03:44
Hi, DowntownRDB. I'll send this request to them and it will undergo evaluation. We cannot guarantee that it will be approved and applied on the next firmware but it will be announced if ever the request is granted. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks Tony for forwarding this request to the appropriate team.  Hopefully, they will give it careful consideration and add the features to the Air 3.  As you can see in this thread there are many pilots that would love to have it added.
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

H3llo Posted at 9-25 07:35

Hi, H3llo. Currently, the Vision Assist feature is only available on the DJI Mavic 3 series but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team as a possible feature for the Air 3. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

franceslup Posted at 9-4 02:15
Ok but it happens also after i switched.
Why remind me that if i alredy did it?

Hi, franceslup. The reminder message will pop up every time you turn on the RC. Don't worry,  we'll forward this as a suggestion of yours and forward this to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Juan Carlos Revilla Posted at 9-25 08:06
I have the same issue everytime i turn on the RC

Hi, Juan Carlos Revilla. Please check my reply from this post regarding this message. Thank you.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BlairAir Posted at 8-31 07:35
Here is another report - happens EVERY RESTART and happens to several dozen friends I have on YouTube. I had no issue before the update - Here is a description of the new bug that some are experiencing. One of the packages released; v01.00.04.00 for RC-2 -once installed, causes a dialog to pop up on every restart of the RC-2 Controller.

The message is via a dialog stating "SDcard inserted - Go to Profile, Settings, Storage to switch the current storage location." The choices made are not saved. You must repeat this on every restart. I am linking a thread that shows what the popup looks like. I have no idea how prevalent this is, but I have been unable to resolve it by reformatting the SD card, or by resetting the RC-2 to factory settings. I've wiped, reset, replaced the card, and tried multiple SIZE cards and other variables, The issue persists. I do suspect DJI was working on an issue with saving to an SDcard that I know of. I did NOT have that issue, but I sure have this one!

Hi, BlairAir. Thank you for your feedback. We have confirmed that the message that appears after turning on the DJI RC 2 is just a reminder and not a bug. It is just there to remind you if you would like to switch the present storage location. If you don't want to switch the stroage location, just tap "OK" under this message and it will disappear. Hope this helps. Thank you for your kind understanding..
2023-9-28
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

My Air 3 is running the latest firmware: Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600
But i just checked my drone and i got a New Firmware Update available, for what is that? And which version is that? I don't see a new version on the release notes: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf

!! UPDATE !! - i got the update message:
The aircraft firmware will be updated tot the latest version to prevent flight safety risks due inconsistent firmware versions between aircraft modules

Can someone explain me what this update exactly does?

IMG-0141.png
2023-9-28
Use props
fans779f4f39
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2107464 ft

United States

I'd like to see the Air 3 get a firmware update so that the pilot can see through the obstacle avoidance fisheye lenses, like the Mavic 3 series can. Just curious, is this ever going to be a possible feature for the Air 3? I'd love to have that feature while flying mine!
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

H3llo Posted at 9-28 06:35
My Air 3 is running the latest firmware: Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600
But i just checked my drone and i got a New Firmware Update available, for what is that? And which version is that? I don't see a new version on the release notes: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf

That looks like a battery update. Those usually have that part that says to prevent flight risks due to inconsistent firmware versions between aircraft modules. If you have multiple batteries you will likely see this until you've had used all batteries and went through this process.
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules