New DJI Air 3 Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
36950 235 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 9-28 10:36
That looks like a battery update. Those usually have that part that says to prevent flight risks due to inconsistent firmware versions between aircraft modules. If you have multiple batteries you will likely see this until you've had used all batteries and went through this process.

All of my batteries are up-to-date. I'm flying 3 months with the same batteries.
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

H3llo Posted at 9-28 10:41
All of my batteries are up-to-date. I'm flying 3 months with the same batteries.

This last update, batteries had an update as well. 3 months would mean you would also have those same battery udpates.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_2Uu6cDnS0oNV
lvl.1

Australia

Will the Air3 get support for 120fps?
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 14:48
Thanks Tony for forwarding this request to the appropriate team.  Hopefully, they will give it careful consideration and add the features to the Air 3.  As you can see in this thread there are many pilots that would love to have it added.

You are most welcome, DowntownRDB. I see the importance to the users and am also hoping to get it approved.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 9-27 11:59
Tony,

I have commented in the past that having the updates listed with their respective version function updates and fixes is a great idea. But having the comments from old updates is horribly confusing.

Hi, bjr981s. Sorry about the confusion and we appreciate you taking the time to point this out. I will get this handled by our related team. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-29
Use props
TotalNewb
lvl.1

Germany

JodyB Posted at 9-28 10:36
That looks like a battery update. Those usually have that part that says to prevent flight risks due to inconsistent firmware versions between aircraft modules. If you have multiple batteries you will likely see this until you've had used all batteries and went through this process.

Certainly is this, I bought the flymore kit, obviously being a newb updated battery 1 and 2 without realizing batteries need update also, so I popped in battery 3 because of this post, and yep new firmware same number so yes just for the battery, thanks for this great tip, probably saved me from getting a problem later, now I will do all batteries at once when new firmware is released, big thumbs up.
2023-10-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-29 22:21
You are most welcome, DowntownRDB. I see the importance to the users and am also hoping to get it approved.

Good to know that you are also hoping it gets approved.  
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2Uu6cDnS0oNV Posted at 9-28 13:41
Will the Air3 get support for 120fps?

Hi, djiuser_2Uu6cDnS0oNV. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Air 3 only supports the following resolutions:

Wide-Angle Camera:
H.264/H.265
4K: 3840×2160@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*fps
FHD: 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*/200*fps
2.7K Vertical Shooting: 1512×2688@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
FHD Vertical Shooting: 1080×1920@24/25/30/48/50/60fps

Medium Tele Camera:
H.264/H.265
4K: 3840×2160@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*fps
FHD: 1920×1080@24/25/30/48/50/60/100*/200*fps
2.7K Vertical Shooting: 1512×2688@24/25/30/48/50/60fps
FHD Vertical Shooting: 1080×1920@24/25/30/48/50/60fps

We currently don't have an information if it will support 120fps but we will take it as suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-2
Use props
fanse946e767
lvl.2
United States

Hi there, Not sure if this is the right spot for this to be posted, I HOPING someone can help.  I was hoping to fly my new Air 3 right out of the box when I bought it, Just like my Mini 2, BUT That did not work, I have been in contact with DJI, The drone was replaced once already, with the same result.
      I was bringing it back for a refund today, Thursday the 5th, BUT I made a little progress to the point where it is flyable now and I can take photo's in 1X but that is IT!!!!
I have tried so many different combos. I wish I could get the older firmware for the drone and controller. Going to Maine this weekend, what a shame there will be NO video with my new expensive drone.
  BUT I do still have my Mini 2, I Guess that will have to be the drone of choice.

CAS-14321057-M0H4T9

I don't know about any DJI Tech's BUT I have been working hard on this video delay problem because I really really DONT want to return the Air 3.
  I Have tried 4 different Tablet's,  tried a few different versions of the DJI Fly app, as there is only 2 or 3 that work with the Air 3. Testing different areas, Maybe the trees are bothering it, Is my camper to close, I Rule all that garbage out just because my DJI Mini 2 works SO GOOD in the same spot.

What I end up finding is, FIRST off I am going to keep this, I was returning it Thursday because of this Massive Delay. AND I HOPE that You DJI Gurus can come up with a fix. Because it's still not right.

I am using the Version 1.11.4 of the Fly App -    The New Version 1.12.0 has the worst Delay.
I Bought a new Onn 10.4 Pro Tablet Running Android 13
The controller has Firmware = V01.00.0500
The Air 3 has Firmware = V01.00.0600

Start everything normally after being fully charged. Lift Off--Drone works good No delay, I can take all the photos I want in 1X ,AS soon as you go to 3X OR if you switch to video is when the delay starts and gets bad at times, maybe a min at times.
The only way to fix it is to restart the controller, So I land the drone, shut controller off wait about 5 seconds and restart controller and lift off delay is gone, I can take photos in 1X as long as I want. As soon as you go to video OR 3X the delay starts again need to land right away and restart controller wait 5 seconds liftoff,, Delay gone, SO right now I have to fly and ONLY take photo's and NO video with my new Expensive drone, UNTIL DJI Hopefully comes up with a FIX. PLEASE Let me know , I Want to use all the feature's.

I tried with a SD card without a SD card, It did not matter. Thats in the drone and the Tablet.
Anyone know where to get the older firware for the drone and the controller? - I sure would like to try that. I Know where to get the older Fly app for my tablet. matter of fact the old one is the one I use, the new one does not work well.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... kp/view?usp=sharing

2023-10-5
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

fanse946e767 Posted at 10-5 09:46
Hi there, Not sure if this is the right spot for this to be posted, I HOPING someone can help.  I was hoping to fly my new Air 3 right out of the box when I bought it, Just like my Mini 2, BUT That did not work, I have been in contact with DJI, The drone was replaced once already, with the same result.
      I was bringing it back for a refund today, Thursday the 5th, BUT I made a little progress to the point where it is flyable now and I can take photo's in 1X but that is IT!!!!
I have tried so many different combos. I wish I could get the older firmware for the drone and controller. Going to Maine this weekend, what a shame there will be NO video with my new expensive drone.

I’m guessing it’s the devices you’re using. The Mini 2 has a video bitrate of 100 Mbps and only 720P live feed resolution. The Air 3 has a video bitrate of 150 Mbps and a live video feed of 1080P. There is a difference and that’s probably why the Mini 2 works but not the Air 3. I’ve seen no one else reporting this issue and you already had the drone replaced so I’d say there is a 99% chance that is the issue. As technology in these drones increase so does the need for more powerful and capable devices to be to keep up. If you have a friend or family member which has a top name manufactured Android OS device to try I think it will work and answer your question. I only use an iPad 11 Pro and I’ve had no issues at all with my Air 3. This may not be what you want to hear but I do believe it’s a device issue as I have seen no others reporting this problem and you already replaced the drone once. I do hope you get it worked out. Good luck.

I did forget to mention the connection cable. Since you got a larger tablet I'm guessing the connection cable was not long enough to reach the tablet port.. If you did get a longer cable that could also be a possible issue. Most of those have one end which needs to be connected on the controller side to work properly. It should be marked so check to see if it is.
2023-10-5
Use props
fanse946e767
lvl.2
United States

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 10-5 16:01
I’m guessing it’s the devices you’re using. The Mini 2 has a video bitrate of 100 Mbps and only 720P live feed resolution. The Air 3 has a video bitrate of 150 Mbps and a live video feed of 1080P. There is a difference and that’s probably why the Mini 2 works but not the Air 3. I’ve seen no one else reporting this issue and you already had the drone replaced so I’d say there is a 99% chance that is the issue. As technology in these drones increase so does the need for more powerful and capable devices to be to keep up. If you have a friend or family member which has a top name manufactured Android OS device to try I think it will work and answer your question. I only use an iPad 11 Pro and I’ve had no issues at all with my Air 3. This may not be what you want to hear but I do believe it’s a device issue as I have seen no others reporting this problem and you already replaced the drone once. I do hope you get it worked out. Good luck.

I did forget to mention the connection cable. Since you got a larger tablet I'm guessing the connection cable was not long enough to reach the tablet port.. If you did get a longer cable that could also be a possible issue. Most of those have one end which needs to be connected on the controller side to work properly. It should be marked so check to see if it is.

You could be right BUT DJI says it should be fine, and all I do is switch to video, I AM NOT recording video just pushed the top right button OR switch to 3X for photos NOT taking photos Just switch to it, I can fly all day and take photos in 1X BUT as soon as I switch out of 1X that is when the delay starts, If I have to go buy a $1000.00 tablet for the $1000.00 drone, It goes back. Or Buy the controller with the screen in it and live with the shorter battery life.
When I install the newer DJI Fly App, That makes it MUCH worst.
1X Photo's it is.
2023-10-6
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

fanse946e767 Posted at 10-6 02:51
You could be right BUT DJI says it should be fine, and all I do is switch to video, I AM NOT recording video just pushed the top right button OR switch to 3X for photos NOT taking photos Just switch to it, I can fly all day and take photos in 1X BUT as soon as I switch out of 1X that is when the delay starts, If I have to go buy a $1000.00 tablet for the $1000.00 drone, It goes back. Or Buy the controller with the screen in it and live with the shorter battery life.
1X Photo's it is.

Yeah. I understand. I looked at that Onn 10.4 tablet which is a Walmart device and actually made to compete with Amazons Kindles which are not great. The benchmark tests are extremely low. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is about $600 but still not cheap. I don't like a small screen so I'd never buy the RC or RC2 plus they won't work with Dronelink which I use a lot or even any other third party app. The larger screens make it so much easier to see everything and in my opinion a much better flying experience. It’s a great drone so unfortunate that you will be sending it back. Best wishes and good luck.
2023-10-6
Use props
jbarreto74
New

Colombia

Hello , I bought a mini donre 3 pro but it is telling me about motor overload. please , What do I have to do?
2023-10-8
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

jbarreto74 Posted at 10-8 14:00
Hello , I bought a mini donre 3 pro but it is telling me about motor overload. please , What do I have to do?

Hello. They have a forum thread for all the Mini Series drones which may already have some answers. With that said, is it a gimbal overload or just indicating overheating ? The Mini 3's have had overheating issues since day one. DJI will tell you to keep the drone moving since they have no internal fan. Hope that  helps.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jbarreto74 Posted at 10-8 14:00

Hi, jbarreto74. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about what happened. Below are some troubleshooting steps that might help you solve this issue:

1. If this issue only occurs in Sport mode:
The aircraft’s attitude angle of inclination in Sport mode is larger than that in other modes. When the stick is pushed to an extent that the aircraft movement angle exceeds the adjustment limit of the gimbal, it might cause the gimbal motor to overload. This is normal. Please push the stick more gently.
2. If the issue occurs in non-Sport modes:
1) Please check whether an additional accessory (such as a filter) is mounted on the gimbal and camera.
If there is an additional accessory, attach the original lens to the gimbal and camera. Check whether the issue has been solved.  If there is no additional accessory, please skip this step.
2) Ensure that there is no additional accessory attached to the gimbal and camera. Please perform [Gimbal Auto Calibration] in [Gimbal Settings] of the app.
3) If this issue persists after calibration, please connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware.
Download Link: https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Mpr89WUCAhMs
lvl.1

Czechia

the new firmware increased the speed limit to 15m/s in normal mode, but decreased the same limit from 21 m/s in sport mode, which was the last safety help against wind speed in RTH. Is the limit of 18,5 m/s the groundspeed or the airspeed?
2023-10-9
Use props
fanse946e767
lvl.2
United States

fanse946e767 Posted at 10-6 02:51
1X Photo's it is.

UPDATE

Went on a trip to Maine, ALMOST lost Drone, flew right by me.
  ANYWAY, I Brought back the ONN tablet running Android 13, And bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 for $180.00, AND I have to Admit you guys were right, It was the tablet, What gets me is the Samsung is running Android 11.   DONT care ,, IT WORKS, Now maybe I can learn how to use it now.

THANKS Everyone!!!!!.

Wiechman,
2023-10-9
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

fanse946e767 Posted at 10-9 15:18
UPDATE

Went on a trip to Maine, ALMOST lost Drone, flew right by me.

Yep. Powerful processors work best so that’s good to hear. Overall the OS version doesn't matter. There are so many manufactures of devices which use Android OS and not all of them use the same OS version. Enjoy.
2023-10-9
Use props
fansf174cb3e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225899 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello, will Air 3 get a full finctional zoom mode on both, photos and videos, especially by zooming continously with the wheel knob (as in Mavis 3)?
2023-10-10
Use props
fansf174cb3e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225899 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello, will Air 3 zooming ofeer also a full continous zooming feature by rotating the zoom-knob, as is on Mavic 3 already? Now you have to choose either wide or zoom camera to work, and the wheel knob does work only on video mode.
2023-10-10
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
United States

fansf174cb3e Posted at 10-10 14:44
Hello, will Air 3 get a full finctional zoom mode on both, photos and videos, especially by zooming continously with the wheel knob (as in Mavis 3)?

I’ve never seen any of the Mavic series with zoom function for photo mode. It's always been video only.
2023-10-10
Use props
djiuser_hG0t1xPusf5O
lvl.1

United States

What's the range/penetration (trees) difference between using the Air 3 with the included DJI RC-N2 remote vs. the Motion 2 controller and Goggles 2?  Are the Goggles 2 capable of 04 video transmission?  Do the additional number of internal antennae on the Air 3 help with range/signal penetration when using the Goggles 2?  I was surprised when the announcement was made that the DJI Air 3 with 04 video transmission would be compatible with the Goggles 2.  Prior to this latest firmware release, I was wondering if there would yet be another, new set of goggles that would need to be purchase if/when the Air 3 would gain FPV capability.  I'm really considering buying an Air 3, but it would be helpful if someone from DJI could post all the technical specifics regarding my questions above.  Thank you.
2023-10-14
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What would be nice is an indicator that video recording was on/off while in Map View.
2023-10-15
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

Queremos el formato Mov.Saludos
2023-10-17
Use props
djiuser_WVxc1TDIfnOr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1358757 ft

Mexico

When can be new Update, past the last my Freewell NDPL filter sometime detected like wide angle lens freewell support told me what Dji know about this issue and will correct it in next update.
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 10-15 06:06
What would be nice is an indicator that video recording was on/off while in Map View.

Hi, Rodger8. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RAYMARO Posted at 10-17 10:48
Queremos el formato Mov.Saludos

Hi, RAYMARO. Thank you for your feedback. We have yet to receive any plans regarding the MOV format development of DJI Air 3, but you can rest assured that we will forward your suggestion to our engineers for further assessment. Please stay updated with our official website for feature updates or firmware releases. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-28
Use props
RAYMARO
lvl.4

Spain

Gracias Gamorita.saludos
2023-10-31
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-28 07:18
Hi, Rodger8. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your help
2023-11-1
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-28 07:18

Is not yet fixed the Freewell issue?
Is already from 2 last updates known... Not such a big thing to make a button for WIDE lens ON and OFF, no ??? Leave the detection as all filters have different weight, a button should work properly for all.
SIMPLIFY IT !

Also we do not see any VISION ASSIST ike Mavic 3 Pro received in order to see the surroundings using the sensor cameras....as is same hardware, why is DJI refusing this SAFETY MEASURE on other drones? ????
2023-11-2
Use props
rongden001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573222 ft

Vietnam

Dear DJI team.
After using the drone for a while, I realized that the image quality camera on the dji air 3 is not equal to the image quality camera on the Mini 4 pro. Both in color and contrast. Although the two drones use sensors with the same parameters
Hopefully the DJI team can fix it for better image quality in the next updates
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RAYMARO Posted at 10-31 02:45
Gracias Gamorita.saludos

You're most welcome, RAYMARO. Have a safe flight always!
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rodger8 Posted at 11-1 15:48
Thank you for your help

You're most welcome, Rodger8. Have a safe flight always!
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-2 23:46
Is not yet fixed the Freewell issue?
Is already from 2 last updates known... Not such a big thing to make a button for WIDE lens ON and OFF, no ??? Leave the detection as all filters have different weight, a button should work properly for all.
SIMPLIFY IT !

Hi, Geo_Drone. Thank you for reaching out. What about the  Freewell issue? Can you please provide more information for us to check? For the Vision Assist for the Air 3 drone, we'll forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rongden001 Posted at 11-3 00:29
Dear DJI team.
After using the drone for a while, I realized that the image quality camera on the dji air 3 is not equal to the image quality camera on the Mini 4 pro. Both in color and contrast. Although the two drones use sensors with the same parameters
Hopefully the DJI team can fix it for better image quality in the next updates

Hi, rongden001. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide sample files shot by Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro for us to check further? Kindly include also the parameters you used. Thank you.
2023-11-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-3 03:58
Hi, Geo_Drone. Thank you for reaching out. What about the  Freewell issue? Can you please provide more information for us to check? For the Vision Assist for the Air 3 drone, we'll forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Is detected as WIDE LENS from time to time.
2023-11-3
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-3 04:15
Is detected as WIDE LENS from time to time.

I experience the same thing
2023-11-3
Use props
RobertoMartins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476434 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Quais foram as mudanças ou correções na última atualização do Air 3?
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RobertoMartins Posted at 11-3 13:09
Quais foram as mudanças ou correções na última atualização do Air 3?

Hi, RobertoMartins. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the details from the first post on this thread: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294639). Hope this helps.
2023-11-4
Use props
rongden001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573222 ft

Vietnam

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-3 04:10
Hi, rongden001. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide sample files shot by Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro for us to check further? Kindly include also the parameters you used. Thank you.

Dear DJI team

I would like to send photos and videos from AIr 3 and mini 4 pro

Air3

Mini 4pro

These are images recorded in the camera's auto mode
2023-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules