New DJI Air 3 Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
36965 235 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

Joe Padilla Posted at 12-23 17:44
Motors will not start on Air 3 after update. Please advise

Hi. Sorry about the trouble. If I may ask, are you able to power it on? And is there any error message? Please keep us posted. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3882300 ft
Bulgaria

Hello, got a little bit freeze while live feed after the new update, but i use DJI Assistant to re-upload the update to the controller Rc2 and now i think is okay.
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4 Posted at 12-24 09:36
Hello, got a little bit freeze while live feed after the new update, but i use DJI Assistant to re-upload the update to the controller Rc2 and now i think is okay.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you encounter this issue again, please try the method below:
1. Check whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (normally, the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).
2. Check the remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).

3. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment.
4. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.)
5. Check whether the original video in the microSD card also has freezing.
Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-25
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Hi! after the last upgrade dji air 3 with rc2 and also with rc n2 The image breaks during the flight. Does anyone know why this is happening? Before the upgrade it never did.
2023-12-26
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Hi! after the last upgrade dji air 3 with rc2 and also with rc n2 The image breaks during the flight. Does anyone know why this is happening? Before the upgrade it never did.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans16a0b755 Posted at 12-26 11:29

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you also experience this from a different location? You can try the suggestion above in reply 203#. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hi its me again, i make everything that its on 203 post but the drone image keep lagging, its only when I launch the drone front me, when i go far away from the RC2 the image looking good the lag is for 30 min flight like 2-3 times, no problem but when the aircraft is face the controller in 2-3 meters the lag is very bad i know its look strange but that’s the problem i have
I think is need new update on the Rc2 controller waiting.
2023-12-27
Use props
Kchamp33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438 ft
United States

What is battery auto discharge strategy?
2023-12-27
Use props
Luc Zoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267438 ft

Netherlands

Fanstastic drone (newbie) and with this new firmware it's even better! So I bought the Integra goggles/motion stick combo for FPV use. One think maybe could be better in a update: changing the Integra combo with the regular RC2 it's very complicated every time I switch the RC2 and the Integra. Should be much much easier. These great products will be more usable!
1-1 04:23
Use props
Luc Zoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267438 ft

Netherlands

Fanstastic drone (newbie) and with this new firmware it's even better! So I bought the Integra goggles/motion stick combo for FPV use. One think maybe could be better in a update: changing the Integra combo with the regular RC2 it's very complicated every time I switch the RC2 and the Integra. Should be much much easier. These great products will be more usable! SORRY I CAN'T OR CAN'T FIND A WAY SEE THIS IS POSTED NOR HOW TO DELETE THIS COPY..
1-1 04:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4 Posted at 2023-12-27 06:11
Hi its me again, i make everything that its on 203 post but the drone image keep lagging, its only when I launch the drone front me, when i go far away from the RC2 the image looking good the lag is for 30 min flight like 2-3 times, no problem but when the aircraft is face the controller in 2-3 meters the lag is very bad i know its look strange but that’s the problem i have
I think is need new update on the Rc2 controller waiting.

Hello there. Can you please check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment? Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers. Have a great day ahead.
1-2 00:40
Use props
djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hello, im in the same place that i fly before the update, there is no facing problem, but after the update start to happen. You can test it too just start the drone and fly 3-4 meters higher and closer it with the dji rc2 controller, to start the Beep sound from the vision sensors and start to spin it left and right and watch the screen it’s start to lagging.
1-3 06:09
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_4POsIh2sVZl4 Posted at 1-3 06:09
Hello, im in the same place that i fly before the update, there is no facing problem, but after the update start to happen. You can test it too just start the drone and fly 3-4 meters higher and closer it with the dji rc2 controller, to start the Beep sound from the vision sensors and start to spin it left and right and watch the screen it’s start to lagging.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to refresh the firmware for both aircraft and DJI RC 2 via the DJI Assistant 2 or simply visit this link. Also, kindly consider the recommendations by DJI Tony via this link. You may keep us posted on the latest progress.
1-6 02:32
Use props
Tengry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1358757 ft

Mexico

So past update i see next problem, on follow mode drone less stable do more movements in same situation by compare with previouse time.
Second panorama 360 with 3x lens captured by drone completely, but drone cant mergeit. Do its manualy
Third image start to change to green on flight controller on weak connection and no go back past connection restore,  need to change camera type for restore color screen
1-11 10:27
Use props
Mavic Air 2 use
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1046224 ft
United States

Hello DJI. For the latest firmware update, the information out there says I can can turn off the downward sensors, how aever, the test next to the switch, and the message that appears after turn off the switch (in the app in the DJI RC2) it seems like I am turning off ALL sensors. Could you please clarify? Thanks
1-18 06:49
Use props
djiuser_VfWkCiDpfMkG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243202 ft

United Kingdom

Dji air 3 is not compatible with goggles 2 or motion controller 2 I have spent alot of money on this combo why can't we just use the rc2 controller it would be far more advantageous than the silly expensive motion controller. Overall very disappointing
1-30 10:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_VfWkCiDpfMkG Posted at 1-30 10:54
Dji air 3 is not compatible with goggles 2 or motion controller 2 I have spent alot of money on this combo why can't we just use the rc2 controller it would be far more advantageous than the silly expensive motion controller. Overall very disappointing

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Please know that the DJI Air 3 is fully compatible with the DJI Goggles 2/Integra with DJI RC Motion 2. For more details, you may visit this link. Moreover, we would like to inform you that the DJI RC2 model isn't compatible if DJI Goggles 2/Integra is in used due to software limitations. Rest assured that we'll consider your feedback. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
1-30 23:24
Use props
kan76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9270666 ft
Bulgaria

Why when I shoot with digital zoom for example 5x at the 3x camera the output photo file is without the digital zoom?
2-8 14:03
Use props
djiuser_5veE0F5pyFfA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13478 ft
Spain

With RC1 cache photos and videos are available in gallery and can be managed with the file manager. With RC2 you cannot even browse the SD card, there are no videos or photos in the Android gallery and it is not even possible to record the screen on the SD card.  DJI must fix it, it is unacceptable.
2-18 01:57
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

djiuser_5veE0F5pyFfA Posted at 2-18 01:57
With RC1 cache photos and videos are available in gallery and can be managed with the file manager. With RC2 you cannot even browse the SD card, there are no videos or photos in the Android gallery and it is not even possible to record the screen on the SD card.  DJI must fix it, it is unacceptable.

I have RC2 and everything works fine.
2-18 06:05
Use props
fanse946e767
lvl.2
United States

Joe Padilla Posted at 2023-12-23 17:44
Motors will not start on Air 3 after update. Please advise

I Am right there with you,, Drone will not work after update.
SURE do get tired of this. I Thought I learned my lesson about updates = DO NOT DO THEM!!!!
Drone has Version V-01.00.1000
Controller RC-N2 has Version V-01.00.0600
100 hours of trying to get drone to fly.. MAYBE   3 hours of flying it..   DONT GET NO BETTER than that.
Maybe sonner or later I will find out what happened, Or This will just get parked next to the karma, Then I can have 2-1500 dollar paperweight's.
I Uploaded a photo, This is as far as it will go now, It will sit there till the batteries die. I Can get into quick transfer, BUT can not GO FLY.

But I guess I did not learn. Glutten For punishment I guess, I ALSO have the Go-Pro Karma, Oh Well I will continue my journey.

IF I can get it to work, NO MORE FRIGGIN updates UNTIL it is MANDATORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you install
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4 and then start the APP it wants to update to
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.8 If I do not update it to the later one it seems to work OK.

• I have the motors spinning now thats a plus,
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.10.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.06.00 (DJI RC-N2)
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4 - NOT Updated to the v1.12.8

IT FLIES!!!!!!!

• Thanks for letting me Rant.

1708780737544.temp.jpg
2-24 03:43
Use props
GOREPOT
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same problem but the video jumps are more evident when the drone rotates or slides on its vertical axis and even more evident in the recorded video and not the retransmitted one, it is nothing related to the gimbal or SD card.  I also have a small spradic noise in the gimbal that occurs randomly.  The drone slows its lateral movement with a strange jerk.  In the latest firmware it says that you can now take photo spheres on the camera but my drone tells me "mode not allowed"  The gallery still does not show the cache videos and photos on the SD and does not allow screen recording on the SD  The autofocus sometimes fails and asks me to restart the drone.  When starting up it notifies me "weak GPS signal, the "fly safe" function has been degraded.  RC2 drone and controller have been reset and updated in DJI Assistan 2. But all the problems persist.  I also have a mini 3 pro that has worked from day one like a well-adjusted watch. It gave me the feeling that the AIR3 has had a rushed development or that they have sold me a refurbished one without telling me (purchased from official DJI on Amazon). So with great pain I am going to return the drone.  It is unacceptable in a technology of 1400 €/$
2-25 02:55
Use props
GOREPOT
lvl.1
Spain

1) Skipping video, the video jumps are more evident when the drone rotates or slides on its vertical axis  and even more evident in the recorded video and not in the broadcast,  it has nothing to do with the gimbal or the SD card.  
2) I also have a small sporadic noise in the gimbal that occurs randomly.  
3) The drone stops its lateral movement with a strange jerk.  
4) In the latest firmware it says that you can now take spherical photos in the camera but my drone tells me "mode not allowed".  

5) The autofocus sometimes fails and asks me to restart the drone.  
6) Upon startup it notifies me "weak GPS signal, the "fly safe" feature has been degraded.  
7) The drone and RC2 controller have been reset and updated in DJI Assistan 2. But all the problems persist.  
8) I also have a mini 3 pro which has worked from day one like a well-fitted watch.  
I got the feeling that the AIR3 had a rushed development or that they sold me a refurbished one without telling me  (purchased from official DJI on Amazon).
So with great regret I'm going to return the drone. It is unacceptable in a €/$1400 technology.
2-25 03:08
Use props
fanse946e767
lvl.2
United States

GOREPOT Posted at 2-25 03:08
1) Skipping video, the video jumps are more evident when the drone rotates or slides on its vertical axis  and even more evident in the recorded video and not in the broadcast,  it has nothing to do with the gimbal or the SD card.  
2) I also have a small sporadic noise in the gimbal that occurs randomly.  
3) The drone stops its lateral movement with a strange jerk.  

Thats Unfortunate, When it works it works pretty good. BUT I DO understand your frustration.
   For me, Now once I have it functioning somewhat the way it should, Just NO MORE UPDATES until DJI tells me I can not fly until I update.

I know I had jumping video before when I first bought this, I Used the same tablet to fly with as I used for my Mini 2, The tablet was my problem for jumping video on the Air 3, SO I bought a better Samsung Tablet and that fixed the jumping video problem. All was working fine UNTIL I did this new update, SO I went back to what works, and I will stay there as long as I can.

Good luck.
2-28 05:54
Use props
bnopoUfehZx1
lvl.1

United States

After this last update to my Air 3 it will not take off. No errors.  Just will not take off. Just sits waiting for me to start motors. Please help.
3-12 20:27
Use props
bnopoUfehZx1
lvl.1

United States

After this last update to my Air 3 it will not take off. No errors.  Just will not take off. Just sits waiting for me to start motors. Please help.
3-12 20:28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bnopoUfehZx1 Posted at 3-12 20:28

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried starting the motors using the combination stick commend?

Will it be fine if you post a video? Thank you.
3-12 21:07
Use props
vhonn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52513 ft
Ireland

Why is it on DJI Air 3 using Goggles 3 - No option for Gimbal Mode?
4-18 03:48
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

Did you fix the range issue?
4-23 10:59
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

This update STILL HAS NOT FIXED THE RANGE PROBLEM.  I am still getting about 2 km less than I was before the last two updates.  Please take note of this and find a solution.. Give us maximum range, please!
4-25 11:10
Use props
Brian360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180643 ft

United States

You know, the statement "Fixed some known issues." doesn't convey a lot of transparency.  You should explain to your customers what those "issues" were.

TIA
4-25 16:18
Use props
J. Dub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143264 ft
United States

Brian360 Posted at 4-25 16:18
You know, the statement "Fixed some known issues." doesn't convey a lot of transparency.  You should explain to your customers what those "issues" were.

TIA

Agreed.
"Fixed known issues" tells me nothing
4-26 03:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

J. Dub Posted at 4-26 03:08
Agreed.
"Fixed known issues" tells me nothing

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These have no impact on your use of the product. If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. Have a nice day.
4-27 22:11
Use props
djiuser_qk14M1lt7k7f
lvl.1

Slovakia

is there any new information available regarding compatibility of dji goggle v2 and models like air3 or mini 4?  Why is it not possible to find the V2 compatibility sheet on the Dji website and the product itself can no longer be found.
Screenshot_2024-04-29-23-44-38-772_com.android.chrome.jpg
4-29 14:07
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_qk14M1lt7k7f Posted at 4-29 14:07
is there any new information available regarding compatibility of dji goggle v2 and models like air3 or mini 4?  Why is it not possible to find the V2 compatibility sheet on the Dji website and the product itself can no longer be found.

Hello, there. DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are not compatible with DJI FPV Goggles V2.
May we know if you want to have the specification of the device?
If so, you can click this link to have all the related information about the device:
https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads
Please let us know if you have any questions.

4-30 02:14
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_qk14M1lt7k7f Posted at 4-29 14:07
is there any new information available regarding compatibility of dji goggle v2 and models like air3 or mini 4?  Why is it not possible to find the V2 compatibility sheet on the Dji website and the product itself can no longer be found.

Those goggles are not even made or sold by DJI anymore (apart from existing stock of DJI FPV Combos). Major firmware update is not gonna happen.
4-30 05:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules