Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 camera image is not shown on the App (NO Signal error)
12Next >
42621 59 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

I have just recently bought phantom 3 standard. I have installed the DJ Go app on my android device. But the problem is the camera image is not shown on the App and on top of the monitor there is a red "no signal" error.
Actually i tried to overcome this problem by restarting the aircraft several times then i could see the image on the app. However, in the middle of the flight i lost signal again and the image disappeared. it was quite dangerous coz i couldn't figure out the heading of the aircraft as it was too far.

And sometimes the App crashes on my samsung device. I wonder if this is a common problem
Thanks
2015-8-30
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Italy

This is happening with my new P3P.  It sounds common.  After reading through the forum, it sounds like a lot of people are having the same problem.
It seems to be caused either by firmware or loose camera connections.

Cheers,
Bitts
2015-8-30
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

Bittsandbobs Posted at 2015-8-30 16:20
This is happening with my new P3P.  It sounds common.  After reading through the forum, it sounds li ...

I tried to use the App on mylaptop. It shows the camera almost always but on the mobile phone no.
Beside that, the app on my mobile crashes quite often (almost always!) maybe this is a problem of my samsung, but anyway it shows that the problem is not with the cabling.
As i said, using the app on my laptop, it works, however, the image JUMPS every 2-3 seconds (very regular) i have no idea.
By the way, I'm using Bluestack to use the android app on my win 7.
2015-8-30
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

Looks like an issue with the new firmware version 1.3.20. My P3P has worked perfect since May until I loaded the new firware today. DJI HELP!!!
2015-8-30
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

since P3S using wifi video transmitter, it is more sensitive to the flight environment and distance
2015-8-30
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

Unfortunatelly I suffer the same problem from last week with my P3 Pro :-( I updated firmware to the latest one 4 weeks ago, and had no issue, everything was superb. Then out of nowhere I've lost Video feed and I got the message No signal. I've red few topics on the forum and it seems that more people have the same problem. in my case it is not permanent, 1 out of 3 times have the "no signal" error. Gimbal is reacting to my commands, camera is moving I can even take picture and film but the lightbrdige seems to be broken :-(

I am confused coz I have some plans for upcomming months (filimng) and don't want to wait 8 weeks for DJI support :-( Anyone else have the same problem with "no signal error?"
2015-8-31
Use props
TheDreamingWatc
lvl.2

Austria

GregL Posted at 2015-8-31 03:54
Looks like an issue with the new firmware version 1.3.20. My P3P has worked perfect since May until  ...

It's not an issue with the new firmware. This problem has been around since the P3 was introduced.

It’s not a problem with Android or iOS, because the "no signal" or "no connection" error happens on both.
It's not the cable, because a lot of people have tried to use different cables without success.

A lot of people think it's the temperature of the mobile device.
Maybe it is, but I don't believe that because after some fiddling and on/off switching I can usually make the problem go away.

It's not a problem with the Phantom Standard because it also happens with the other Phantoms. Therefore, most likely, it's not a problem with the Wi-Fi connection.

My guess is, it's just an unreliable, buggy App.

The problem is, some people panic when the App loses connection because they think the RC lost connection.
That’s not the case!
As long as the LED on the RC is green you have connection and you can fly your Phantom home. Or just press RTH (for several seconds!!).

2015-8-31
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

TheDreamingWatc Posted at 2015-8-31 17:40
It's not an issue with the new firmware. This problem has been around since the P3 was introduced.

By the way, with even this broken camera image, when I receive the image, there's a delay of 3-4 seconds! is it normal? I know it's wifi connection but that slow?!!!?
2015-8-31
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

PopArt Posted at 2015-8-31 16:17
Unfortunatelly I suffer the same problem from last week with my P3 Pro :-( I updated firmware to the ...

it will take 8 months to correct this bug?? I wonder if they can't see the bug already now if they test it themselves.
2015-8-31
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

I could wait if this "No signal" thing happen from time to time. Today I was testing Phantom at home few times, then go into the woods to test it and kabooom, no signal from the very begininng. Of course I can fly and film but so what if there is no lightbridge working for which I have paid :-(  At home I turned it on again and again no signal permanently. I am frustrated coz I invest in this thing to earn some money, I have 4 jobs ahead and now I have to cancel it because of some silly bug? I am not sure if this just the app… :-(

2015-8-31
Use props
puterwiz
lvl.1

United States

PopArt Posted at 2015-8-31 13:00
I could wait if this "No signal" thing happen from time to time. Today I was testing Phantom at home ...

Try turning off video cacheing in the go app, and also, if you are using an android device, uninstall google play services updates and turn off auto updates.
I was having app crashes all the time til I did those things, and now my video stays on through the whole flight and hardly any lag at all.
hope this helps.
2015-8-31
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same problem here after my iPad "upgraded" to DJI Go - everything was fine previously...

Wasted a whole weekend that I had planned for filming.... :@
2015-8-31
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

puterwiz Posted at 2015-8-31 20:09
Try turning off video cacheing in the go app, and also, if you are using an android device, uninst ...

I am using Ipad mini 2 - I guess it's not issue here. I have already tried everything (changing cable, sd card, changing firmweare and updatng again, reconnecting RC, checking on other Ios device…. problem still occurs.

I think I will just go tommorow to the store I have bought it and I will use my warranty since I am 90% sure it is some camera/connection cables issue and its mechanical not software.

How long does it take for repair/replacment in EU? I heard something about 8 weeks which scares me a lot….
2015-8-31
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

PopArt Posted at 2015-9-1 04:38
I am using Ipad mini 2 - I guess it's not issue here. I have already tried everything (changing ca ...

I agreed with you, It's a hardware problem with the camera.  After trying to update the fw 1.26 I got a constant red "no signal" with no video feed. I send the file (P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt) to DJI and they said I must send the device to repair : " The file shows problems with the camera not being able to update and we need it here to replace it. Please contact your dealer."
Until now, I continue flying every day with "no signal", recording images with no video feed and hoping that DJI send me another P3 PRO (I've another who crashed) repaired to send this one and wait another 4 months.
2015-8-31
Use props
kieferli
New
Canada

I also have a problem last time when I go to the island it is hardly to have any signal . I can't see on my screen most of the time in the island . The island that I went to don't have any phone signal.
Is that the reason I am not able to connected to my phone ?
2015-8-31
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

Advice from Sir Edward K below that worked for me. Time will tell if it's a permanent fix.

"I think he is referring to re-linking the transmitter to the Quad.  Connect to the bird with your RC and Go Application.  Then press the control icon with signal bars in the status top bar at top of screen.  then scroll to the bottom and you will see "Linking to RC" and should be in manual."
2015-8-31
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

This happened to me for the first time today. Only had My P3S for a week now.
2015-8-31
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

This loss of signal has happened to me on both my P3P and P3A since upgrading to FW 1.3.20.

I've had issues with both craft since FW 1.2.6.

The upgrade to 1.3.20 took great effort and time, using many different memory cards, cables and other devices to get both craft, both RC's and 6 batteries updated.
Since then, I have spent more time trying to get these darn thngs to work as advertised than I have actually flying them to gather images.

The P3P is being returned to the dealer tomorrow.

When I have time and energy, I'll attempt to contact DJI directly (where I bought the P3A) to arrange for its return.

My initial attempts to ask simple questions (over 8 requests) of DJI were either ignored, or I was told to contact support.us@dji.com, where I was again ignored.

I've never dealt with a company as horrible as this one.

2015-8-31
Use props
fransnobel
lvl.1

Netherlands

The signal lost can also happen because of something in your flight pad.
If you make a flight of 1000 meters away from where you stand, and your altitude is 120 meters, then you have the following calculation.
120m at 1000m = 60m at 500m = 30m at 250m = 15m at 125m = 7.5m at 62m = 3.7m at 31m = 1.8m at 15m this is a angel of 6.85
So if there is a tree, or a house, or whatever in this pad, you will loose signal, even if this object is only 2 or 3 meter high at 15 meter away.
Use a triangel calculator, and find out if something is blocking your flight pad.
2015-9-1
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

A lot of us have no signal when the thing is a few metres away from the RC - this issue isn't a distance thing...
2015-9-1
Use props
fransnobel
lvl.1

Netherlands

justin.owen Posted at 2015-9-1 11:05
A lot of us have no signal when the thing is a few metres away from the RC - this issue isn't a dis ...

Also a lot of Wifi signal in your area can give problems.
To many Apps open in the background is also a issue.
Close all Apps, stop local cache, and switch to flight mode.
2015-9-1
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

fransnobel Posted at 2015-9-1 17:13
Also a lot of Wifi signal in your area can give problems.
To many Apps open in the background is a ...

Done, done & done...

Unit has done over a dozen flights all OK previously - 'NO SIGNAL' and dropped video feed started following update to DJI GO app.

I will try relinking the RC tonight as mentioned above - I'll try anything at moment - otherwise it's going back on Friday. Of course the lightbridge might be faulty but it seems too many people are having the same problem...
2015-9-1
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

nope - it doesn't help at all. I already have tried everything:
- turning off my home wi-fi
- relinking RC with the aircraft
- changins devices/cables/firmware

Permanent "no signal" info no matter where I am and what I do.  to most irritating thing is that I can normally control my drone, take picture and film but there is some silly BUG that is blocking the video feed which in my case crucial if I want to film properly. That is sucks - and I really dont know what to do: wait for next update or just send it back for repair…. howevr I cannot wait 3-4 months for a reapir in XXI century - that would be some kind of stupid joke?

2015-9-1
Use props
fransnobel
lvl.1

Netherlands

PopArt Posted at 2015-9-1 11:26
nope - it doesn't help at all. I already have tried everything:
- turning off my home wi-fi
- relink ...

If a bug is the problem, then I should have this issue also, but I fly my Phantom 3P with no problems.
I have latest updates, and latest pilot app.
2015-9-1
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

fransnobel Posted at 2015-9-1 11:59
If a bug is the problem, then I should have this issue also, but I fly my Phantom 3P with no probl ...

Hard to believe it but it's gotta be some magic. After all those hours I have spent on figuring out what was the issue it's just….. works again!! :-)

Restarted it 10 times now, turned of, unplugged and so on to amke sure if its not just temporary but as for now its working…. the most strange thing is that it started working again just 5 sec after I called to DJI and report my problem. moment ago it was all ok  just like they had fix it remotely or something. ;-)

All I am doing now is swithcing on and off to make sure its ok for good :-)

i will test it now and let you know if its ok
2015-9-1
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure if its the DJI GO app as I have also started experiencing the problem on third party apps in beta and it seemed to have started when I installed SDK firmware which is equavalent to 1.3.2. I had put it down to the craft being too close as it seems to happen with it about 5 to 10 feet away and of course due to the way the radio signals travel out and from the craft there is a dead spot in the centre of the donut.

But having found this thread I am not so sure and of course when the video feed is lost the telemetry and control of the craft is fine. Perhaps it is an issue with the later firmware or third party apps are using libraries from DJI which are the same libraries in the DJI GO app.

I'm hoping they fix it though!
2015-9-1
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

I've started a flight with no issues and lost the video when 1500 meters from home (screen goes dark, and / or all camera parameters [ ISO, EV, shutter speed etc switch to N/A], and I have also started the craft, warmed up and never had the video show up on my ipad mini. Never have I lost the ability to control the craft, only issue is with camera feed.

This got worse with switch to 1.3.20.

Upgrading to 1.2.6 caused this behavior as well, in addition to flight control problems.

2015-9-1
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

puterwiz Posted at 2015-8-31 20:09
Try turning off video cacheing in the go app, and also, if you are using an android device, uninst ...

I will try your approach and get you back with the results. thanks
2015-9-1
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

Guys,
I ordered the P3 just this month online using their website.
So where should i take it for repair or warranty? ship it back to Hong kong?!
2015-9-1
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

Update: problem came back. So its like a lottery. Isend it to my local dealer to get id fixed by dji - one month minimum :-(
2015-9-1
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

Also tried everything mentioned here - still nothing...

My unit also won't accept a f/w update - it's stuck on 1.1.8 and will not update.

I have the NO SIGNAL issues with both DJI GO and Pilot - but it only came about after I used DJI GO; could the GO app change something on the Phantom??

I have no option but to return the unit now. Dealer has even told me they'll charge me if they're able to do the f/w update themselves (I've tried three SD cards, multiple downloads of f/w, multiple f/w versions... I give up... Not impressed!)
2015-9-2
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

Have you Gents tried the 32 channel hack on Android?
I've had the No Signal issue every flight after "upgrading" FW to 1.3.2 (in addition to disconnect and compass error). Then I downgraded from DJI GO to Pilot 1.2.0, installed the 32 channel hack, set manual channel to 12 (strongest of them all), and have had no issues with No Signal error since.
2015-9-2
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

amin67r@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-1 18:39
I will try your approach and get you back with the results. thanks

this approach didn't work for me.
2015-9-2
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

amin67r@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-2 18:59
this approach didn't work for me.

Do you also experience a delay of 3-4 seconds in video?!!
2015-9-2
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Montenegro

I'm having this trouble with Galaxy Tab 3 Android device.  When I switch to my friends iPad mini 2, it appears to solve the problem, works much better. For the Android tablet, I have tried every trick on this forum;

Re-installed the app.
Turned on usb debugging.
Installed the 32 channel radio hack.
Calibrated IMU and RC

And still no love for my Android device.

Cheers,
Bittsandbobs

2015-9-2
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

amin67r@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-30 16:04
I tried to use the App on mylaptop. It shows the camera almost always but on the mobile phone no.

Was thinking of doing the same but instead of my laptop I was hoping to use the surface. What kind of cable do you have between controller and laptop?
2015-9-3
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

QuikSilver15 Posted at 2015-9-3 19:34
Was thinking of doing the same but instead of my laptop I was hoping to use the surface. What kind ...

i have no cable connection between the two. an android simulator runs on the laptop and you have wifi connection. but i see 3-4 seconds lag.
2015-9-4
Use props
rigbiefarm
New

United States

PopArt Posted at 2015-8-31 10:17
Unfortunatelly I suffer the same problem from last week with my P3 Pro :-( I updated firmware to the ...

I have been a phantom 3 owner for 1 week and have yet to get it off the ground.  No signal at the top and no app view when I enter the camera view.
2015-9-9
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that the problem is not the EXPOSURE setting on the camera.  After I updated, the screen view of the camera was dark.  I adjusted the camera settings, and all is well.
2015-9-9
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

bobasbury Posted at 2015-9-9 07:18
Make sure that the problem is not the EXPOSURE setting on the camera.  After I updated, the screen v ...

If it was exposure, we all would not be getting the NO SIGNAL red alert on the app screen.  

Question:  Has anyone tried downgraded to older firmware versions?  That is my last hope at making anything work.  It's useless to have a craft with such high capabilities if you can't see what it is filming.

Note:  I first experienced the problem on a Galaxy S5.  After days of trying reboots and re-updates and reading about people having no issues on Ipads, I went and bought one.  Same result.
2015-9-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules