DJI AIR 3 Controller Compatibility
4934 37 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Hello.

When will the new controller of AIR 3 be compatible with the other drones and the old controller also with the Air 3?
Also the open question if the RC-PRO will be compatible with the AIR 3?

An important question!

Regards

Sascha

2023-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're going to need the RC-PRO2 for that.  
2023-7-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I just checked, at this time the RC Pro does NOT support the Air 3
2023-7-25
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 06:42
You're going to need the RC-PRO2 for that.

Actually, no. The RC-PRO has the same technical data and should be compatible. In any case, I will not buy an Air 3 as long as I have to take 2 controllers with me.And when I take a enterprise model, I need 3. Nice DJI!
2023-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-25 06:48
Actually, no. The RC-PRO has the same technical data and should be compatible. In any case, I will not buy an Air 3 as long as I have to take 2 controllers with me.And when I take a enterprise model, I need 3. Nice DJI!

There's been rumours of an RC Pro2 coming so it wouldn't surprise me if we were short changed again.  
2023-7-25
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

It would make sense to release a new RC-PRO that is downward compatible. A complete 1:1 swap of the controllers on the Mini 3 + Mavic 3 series makes no sense. Whereas with the Mavic 3 Pro it would be fair to remove the old model.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

O4 is DJI's latest generation of video transmission technology, which enhances the transmission distance and improves the stability of the transmission connection in complex environments through the use of multi-antenna technology and upgraded communication algorithms. Both DJI Air 3, DJI RC-N2, and DJI RC 2 support the latest O4 video transmission technology. By using the complete devices with O4 technology, you can enjoy a smoother and more reliable image transmission experience. It currently does not support other drone models, remote controllers, and other accessories. Please stay tuned for any official updates in the future.
2023-7-25
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 07:10
O4 is DJI's latest generation of video transmission technology, which enhances the transmission distance and improves the stability of the transmission connection in complex environments through the use of multi-antenna technology and upgraded communication algorithms. Both DJI Air 3, DJI RC-N2, and DJI RC 2 support the latest O4 video transmission technology. By using the complete devices with O4 technology, you can enjoy a smoother and more reliable image transmission experience. It currently does not support other drone models, remote controllers, and other accessories. Please stay tuned for any official updates in the future.

What does that mean? We know that the O4 currently only supports the latest generation.

Will the old generation become compatible via software update?
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

N2 series has double doubled antenas an O4 i think it is a new era for DJIs lineup from now
2023-7-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-25 07:14
What does that mean? We know that the O4 currently only supports the latest generation.

If so, I'd imagine it'll be quite some time. My guess is that the answer is no.
2023-7-25
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well if the RC2 is 04 ocysnc with its 4 antennas, maybe the RC Pro can too with firmware update....but the realistic scenario is they will spit out a RC Pro 2 with 04 transmission and probably make it a 4k display or something and built in DJI Mic maybe, who knows lol
2023-7-25
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

As far as i know, RC Pro has same antenna configuration with RC2, so software update would be possible.

But my experience about DJI makes me believe that, there will be "RC Pro 2" soon and RC Pro will be obsolute.
2023-7-25
Use props
Dan Jurak
lvl.2

Canada

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-25 06:48

I wish that DJI would come to their senses when it comes to controllers.
For those of us with an RC Pro why are we unable to buy a Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.
Is this stupidity or greed?
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-25 07:14
What does that mean? We know that the O4 currently only supports the latest generation.

Thank you for reaching out to us. The O4 video transmission system offers a longer transmission distance and better signal quality. However, these performance upgrades rely on hardware support from both the aircraft and remote controller. As a result, it is unable to provide support for previous generation products.
2023-7-26
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-26 06:42
Thank you for reaching out to us. The O4 video transmission system offers a longer transmission distance and better signal quality. However, these performance upgrades rely on hardware support from both the aircraft and remote controller. As a result, it is unable to provide support for previous generation products.

Today the update for the RC-PRO came and the Air 3 is now supported!
2023-7-26
Use props
Millersw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can a Mini 3 Pro detect water in a lake as a base?
2023-7-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-26 06:44

Not mine. What version number?
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Millersw@cox.net Posted at 7-26 07:14
Can a Mini 3 Pro detect water in a lake as a base?

Hi, Millersw. Can you elaborate more information about your question, please? Thank you.
2023-7-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-26 07:27
Not mine. What version number?

Strange, he "claimed" the same thing...   
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-26 06:44

Hi there, currently DJI RC Pro does not support Air 3. And there is no firmware update to support it. Could you please tell us the current firmware version?
2023-7-27
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Here it is... @djimindy
Screenshot_20230727_122410_Chrome.jpg
2023-7-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-27 02:26
Here it is... @djimindy

"Compatible with the the RC-N2 and RC2." No mention of the RC Pro.
2023-7-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sascha.ES Posted at 7-27 02:26
Here it is... @djimindy

That is for Fly ONLY! Once you update, Air 3 is not available.
2023-7-27
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

its very normal for dii NOT to make compatible new released drones with older controllers, but having said that dji have not been backwards in coming forward and making older controllers compatible with new craft, my guess RC Pro will be compatible soon but you will be using 3.5 ocysync and 4.0 . so what you gain on the swings you loose on the roundabout.
2023-7-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

I was wondering & asked the same question on another thread. I would like to buy the DJI RC2 for the mavic3 I have, I like that the rc2 has the antenna & the DJIRC doesn't antenna , It properly does not make any difference anyway. But that is my one of reason for wanting to upgrade. I didn't realy want to spend $1100 ona a RC pro   but right now it say the RC2  only works for the Air 3 .
I did see the update for the air3 on fly-app for my DJI RC-1 controller today so I holding hope that DJI RC2 will be compatible for the mavic3 soon.  .  i'm not really interested in the Air3,  just the controller..lol
2023-7-27
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Spain

Now I have understood it too. I thought that if there was an update, it would work.

Sorry!
2023-7-27
Use props
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87894 ft
United States

Are there any plans or rumors at DJI about future firmware releases for the new DJI RC2 (That ships with the Air 3) so that it would be compatible with the Air 2S?  I have the Smart Controller and it is great but restricts me to Ocuysnc 2.0.  If the DJI RC2 can support O3 it would be a much stronger connection and at the price point of under $400.00 US, I think it would sell much better that the RC Pro at over $1000.00 US.
2023-7-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Joe B Posted at 7-28 07:53
Are there any plans or rumors at DJI about future firmware releases for the new DJI RC2 (That ships with the Air 3) so that it would be compatible with the Air 2S?  I have the Smart Controller and it is great but restricts me to Ocuysnc 2.0.  If the DJI RC2 can support O3 it would be a much stronger connection and at the price point of under $400.00 US, I think it would sell much better that the RC Pro at over $1000.00 US.

you won't get anything from dji and rumours will be exactly that rumours.
2023-7-28
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 07:10

Hello Mindy,
so that means that it can possible that i can use the new RC2 for my mini3pro too?
Today ive tested it, but they want not connect. ;-)

Thanks and regards Guido
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MavGuido Posted at 7-28 15:46
Hello Mindy,
so that means that it can possible that i can use the new RC2 for my mini3pro too?
Today ive tested it, but they want not connect. ;-)

We are sorry to tell you that DJI RC 2 is not compatible with Mini 3 Pro. But we will forward your request to the corresponding team for evaluation.
2023-7-29
Use props
djiuser_CA1o67rPzWDR
New

United Kingdom

Sascha.ES Posted at 2023-7-25 06:48

I totally agree as I also have the Mini 4 with the controller compatible with the Air 3. I would purchase the Air 3 if they sold it without the controller. Why buy 2 controller's when you only need one.
2-3 07:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_CA1o67rPzWDR Posted at 2-3 07:04
I totally agree as I also have the Mini 4 with the controller compatible with the Air 3. I would purchase the Air 3 if they sold it without the controller. Why buy 2 controller's when you only need one.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your additional feedback. Currently, this particular package isn't available in the market, however, please be assured that your idea will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support.
2-5 02:01
Use props
Rob Francis
New

South Africa

djiuser_CA1o67rPzWDR Posted at 2-3 07:04
I totally agree as I also have the Mini 4 with the controller compatible with the Air 3. I would purchase the Air 3 if they sold it without the controller. Why buy 2 controller's when you only need one.

I have an air3 with RC controller. I am waiting for the mini 4 pro to be drone only available, then ill purchase and use one RC for both. They're still too new on the market. But im sure they will eventually release the drone only option.
2-15 01:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rob Francis Posted at 2-15 01:18
I have an air3 with RC controller. I am waiting for the mini 4 pro to be drone only available, then ill purchase and use one RC for both. They're still too new on the market. But im sure they will eventually release the drone only option.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro (drone only) is not available on our website and we currently don't have any specific timeframe on when or if this will be available. We suggest to subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Should you have any inquiries about your DJI product, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
2-16 01:03
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2023-7-26 06:42
Thank you for reaching out to us. The O4 video transmission system offers a longer transmission distance and better signal quality. However, these performance upgrades rely on hardware support from both the aircraft and remote controller. As a result, it is unable to provide support for previous generation products.

If the RCPRO is not compatible with the Air3 and the mini4pro, because it does not have O4, why are these two drones with O4 compatible with the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI Goggles Integra, which are O3+ and not O4?
2-16 03:09
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

It is clear that if DJI does not make the RCPRO compatible with these O4 equipment, it is not because of technical compatibility problems (it has already done so with the Goggles) but because it will want to release an RCPRO2 and have new sales.
2-16 03:15
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

fansd91f6f34 Posted at 2-16 03:15
It is clear that if DJI does not make the RCPRO compatible with these O4 equipment, it is not because of technical compatibility problems (it has already done so with the Goggles) but because it will want to release an RCPRO2 and have new sales.

Not really. Probably because for goggles you don't really need the absolute best range, so it uses O3. But with the remote, you want to have the best signal possible, as you might fly behind buildings, and so on, so they just don't want to add a O4 drone on a O3 controller.
2-16 10:46
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd91f6f34 Posted at 2-16 03:09
If the RCPRO is not compatible with the Air3 and the mini4pro, because it does not have O4, why are these two drones with O4 compatible with the DJI Goggles 2 and DJI Goggles Integra, which are O3+ and not O4?

Thank you for reaching out to us. The O4 video transmission system offers a longer transmission distance and better signal quality. However, these performance upgrades rely on hardware support from both the aircraft and remote controller. As a result, it is unable to provide support for previous generation products. Due to the delayed release of DJI Goggles 2 compared to DJI RC Pro, DJI RC, and DJI RC-N1, redundant measures have been taken for future software and hardware compatibility. As a result, the goggles can be adapted and made compatible with DJI Air 3. However, there might be limitations on intelligent functions and shooting performance. For more details, please refer to Consumer Drones and Goggles Compatibility Information at https://www.dji.com/id/air-3/downloads
2-17 03:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules